New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Allow ADM warriors to fight the DA
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
I personally think it is a horrible idea - allows managers/warriors to 'hide out' and avoid arena competition while padding their win and kill totals.

It was nice for Gateway. Should not be implemented in Primus IMO.

It would help get me interested in the game once again.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
I brought this up on a different thread, but thought I would throw this out here: I propose a rules change in ADM/Primus:

Allow Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) to be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena.
This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. I think it might generate some interest in ADM.

I would like to see it happen.

This is a change I would like to see.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An interesting change. You don't like to fight opponents? You like to really avoid opponents? Not sure what great value this brings to the game, especially in light of the many, what we see as bigger, items in the game.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
guardian
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so if this is an important change why do neither of you actually have or play any warriors in adm any where and if so please tell us what teams . if you dont actually play in adm how can you lobby for change there

enquiring minds want to know

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

guardian wrote:
so if this is an important change why do neither of you actually have or play any warriors in adm any where and if so please tell us what teams . if you dont actually play in adm how can you lobby for change there

What do you mean "neither of you actually have or play any warriors in adm any where "?

We run at all ADM levels.

Do you pay attention? Or are you just vetting?

(note: we were not the ones lobbying for this change )

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember in Gateway the top warrior holding onto the throne by challenging the DA warriors every turn creating a log jam at the top and inability to challenge the throne.
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn wrote:
I remember in Gateway the top warrior holding onto the throne by challenging the DA warriors every turn creating a log jam at the top and inability to challenge the throne.

This would not allow the top warrior to challenge the DA.

RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guardian wrote:

since you like to tell so many untruths, I need to respond. You challenged me to meet you in Primus when you knew I had no warriors there or eligible. Brave little guardian. The Icelord said he would meet you there and you disappeared. He fought for about 6 turns then stopped running there because he has little interest in ADM, though his AB & LU he does run sometimes could do very well if he wanted. Check his record, very well if you would pay attention instead of running your mouth and not backing it up.
Right now The Icelord has real world serious health issues going on, that is why he is not running in the game and not sure if he will return again though he says he will stop by from time to time as he has his eyes on 800 victories all in a slow arena. His real world situation takes priority over the game . You ran from him when you had the chance to take him on. Period.
I got bored of the game because of people like you. You start trouble, don't know what you are talking about and make personal slurs and insults against my allies and then lie about how things went down. I had enough of people like you so I don't play anymore though if Icelord and Bosk ever want me to return all they have to do is call out.
I can lobby for this change because it is not your game boy. It would not have any effect on the throne and several people think it will bring some interest back into ADM which is a dead game. Icelord even suggested they try it for 6-12 months and if everyone hated it or it didn't make sense go back to the way it was before. Everyone knows how much fun Primus is.
So, I still support this change and believe Guardian is a fool.

Scorpion
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
guardian wrote:

since you like to tell so many untruths, I need to respond. You challenged me to meet you in Primus when you knew I had no warriors there or eligible. Brave little guardian. The Icelord said he would meet you there and you disappeared. He fought for about 6 turns then stopped running there because he has little interest in ADM, though his AB & LU he does run sometimes could do very well if he wanted. Check his record, very well if you would pay attention instead of running your mouth and not backing it up.
Right now The Icelord has real world serious health issues going on, that is why he is not running in the game and not sure if he will return again though he says he will stop by from time to time as he has his eyes on 800 victories all in a slow arena. His real world situation takes priority over the game . You ran from him when you had the chance to take him on. Period.
I got bored of the game because of people like you. You start trouble, don't know what you are talking about and make personal slurs and insults against my allies and then lie about how things went down. I had enough of people like you so I don't play anymore though if Icelord and Bosk ever want me to return all they have to do is call out.
I can lobby for this change because it is not your game boy. It would not have any effect on the throne and several people think it will bring some interest back into ADM which is a dead game. Icelord even suggested they try it for 6-12 months and if everyone hated it or it didn't make sense go back to the way it was before. Everyone knows how much fun Primus is.

Had to read your comments. I stand by you RTR.
Scorpion
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
I brought this up on a different thread, but thought I would throw this out here: I propose a rules change in ADM/Primus:

Allow Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) to be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena.
This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. I think it might generate some interest in ADM.

I would like to see it happen.

It looks like the survey shows people want it.
guardian
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

consortium the post was to the authors of the thread obviously you play there since oyu hace more graduates than anyone

and probably more than any 5 managers combined , sans poppa bear my apologies for the confusion

guardian

Last edited by guardian on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
guardian
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scorpion post this in arena 100 and arena 102 and see how many ppl want it , it was used in gateway to take top spotsa then avoid the competition which is why it was removed .

the person telling the intruths here is rtr , including him making up a lot of untruths about me .

it all stems from an argument on the round table years ago , one which i apologized for my part in years ago.

he has no actual interest in fighting the dark arena. he doesnt even play adm and in fact never did .

doing a search of arena 31 in arena 100 and 102 i found 0 warriors .

do you see any of these mangers in this thread

doc steels
tum
chief iliniwak
anarhchist
poppa bear
tmm
all would most likely vote very strogly agains it because all have complained in the past about it being used to hog awards .

becasue rsi isnt likly to change the code on who and how you can challenge the dark arena .

if they could and it didnt affect the standings in the arena or allow teams to build massive w/l records by fighting standins , for both wins and to avoid challenges , then the change would get lots more support as it stands without changes, the mangers that actually play in 100 and 102 (probably the regionals as well but i dont play there ) would never support this change .

facts allow you to form an opinion , so il ask how you formed yours , do you play in 100 or 102 .?

did you play in gateway whgen the dark arena was abused for these purposes were you a victim of it .?

guardian

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scorpion wrote:
RTR wrote:
guardian wrote:

Had to read your comments. I stand by you RTR.

i tell 0 unturths , i never disapered, in primus i have played on virtually every turn for nearly 17 years , i was scarce becasue of real world issues , my duaghter has scoliousus and required surgery to fuse her spine , this was a trying time for our family and a nearly year long process , which limited my participation. a fact which rsi and many other folks are well aware of , i missed 2 ftf beasue of it the first 2 ive mised in nearly 20 years of attending them .

the truth is that because of posters like rtr the mangers above i listed dont bother coming here where everone could have the benifiet of thier knowledge ,wisdom and experience . and get to hear thier opinions and how they form them .

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so how exactly would you prevent people from abusing it not with code , the only proposed change to the code is to not allow the top warriors to do it , so the abuse of the past which included hiding warriors in the dark arena so they could not be challenged , and they can garner free wins would most likely continue .

the dark arena monsters below the top levle were mostly pushovers and would be even worse now that the nuber of maxxed or narlt maxxed warriors runs down to the top 100 it isnt very hard to get a really good warrior classed well bewlow his relatve skill level where he could then hide in the dark arnea winnig every turn , paddign the team record and hiding from those trying to improve thier team record vs that stable .

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic