New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - New Idea Concept I want to pitch....
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's an idea I want to pitch to RSI, but I wanted to try and pitch it to you guys first to see if you have any suggestions/improvement.
(Or if everyone thinks it's a terrible idea, I won't bother)

The problem: TC prizes aren't equal and are drastically different in value. Some like Favorites potions are worth hundreds of dollars more than others, which affects the tourney numbers and (quite often) the difficulty as well.

My solution: A new concept: The Golden Ticket. Basically, these would be offered as a way to kind of counter balance the strength of some of the TC prizes. And it would open up the field to new TC prizes (or bring back the older/weaker prizes as well. When you win one of these prizes, you also receive a golden ticket.

Now what is a Golden Ticket? At the end of the year, there is a special Bloodgames-like tournament held. Winning a ticket wins you an entry into the Bloodgames. (You can only run one team in here, but if you win more than one ticket, you have the advantage of rolling up your Bloodgames team that many times) At the end
of this Bloodgames, it's done in a special way where instead of the Top 3, one of all 10 styles gets out. Or you get a bonus potion for each kill - or something like that. Basically a golden ticket gives you the prestige of being able to enter an elite level Bloodgames-event as well as a chance of winning more than just your TC.

Similarly, you can win a Golden Ticket in arena play too. You can give one out for winning certain basic contests and accomplishing feats, such as the first manager to go 15-0 in the calendar year (more than 15 teams) or the first manager to win 6 awards (more than 10 teams), etc. First to hold the throne in an ADM arena for 10 turns, etc. could get one too. If you don't want to give TC level prizes for basic accomplishments, this is a good compromise. These things wouldn't be given out like candy, ideally, there'd be only 20-30 spots each year, about 10% of the D2 population....

I think it would improve play and give people more goals to strive for at every level of play. It's pretty easy for RSI to run an extra Bloodgames-like thing, they can just do it at their leisure whenever.
Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the idea. I take it that the golden ticket gets you in and you don't pay a bloodgames like fee? I like the idea of getting one of each of the ten styles out. I really like that it incorporates arena play with tourney play.

Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Will there be Oompa Loompas?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the idea seems fine, but a little "unsimple" and whacky. (Sounds like something we would invent! Laughing )

How about simply giving a golden ticket out to a TC winner, which gives them a choice of all or certain prizes?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An idea so the rich can get richer, what a concept.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
An idea so the rich can get richer, what a concept.

Okay Vison just a question if incorporating where basic arena managers can win the prize too is getting the rich richer then where do the "poor" ever compete. Manager didnt base it on only winning tournaments. He said you can win a ticket for basic arena accomplishments as well so that opens it to everyone. I would say add an automatic(BCS like) birth to arena 81 and the slow version for most wins for that current year. If the "poor" cant compete in the non tourney arenas(which is the most level playing field) then they dont deserve a ticket anyways. This should also improve basic arena participation as people win be more willing to run more guys and even in more arenas. Now people who are out the competition after awhile might drop out but they will still be there for awhile and it would really be a lot of the year before your really out many times. I dont see an issue...and as I havent TC'd in like two years that rule doesnt help me but much but I still like the reward for tc'ing. Good concept Manager.
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Well, the idea seems fine, but a little "unsimple" and whacky. (Sounds like something we would invent! Laughing )

How about simply giving a golden ticket out to a TC winner, which gives them a choice of all or certain prizes?

let's go one step further and ask RSI to offer a choice of two/three prizes every tourney - pick the one you want

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What is this, welfare DM?

I prefer to see prizes earned the old fashioned way! A manager can run a very small but talented tourney team and compete for prizes on that scale and do very well at it.

I have no issues with a TC prize being a choice of a couple of different prizes. As much as favorites are the most popular prize, I actually prefer any prize where you can create a new warrior. For me that's more fun than padding your top end guys with a dozen prizes...
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think overall it's a great idea, and the key for seeing it to fruition is, it's really easy for RSI to implement!

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

This is absolutely not an option from what I was told.
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am intrigued by this idea. I like the overall theme and the inclusion of arena contests/accomplishments is great but I am not sold on the idea of ANOTHER 10 DYO's running around each year. Have the Bloodgames tourney as you suggested but kill off ALL the warriors/teams at the conclusion. Have them compete for another prize or something.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't give out Golden Tickets in basic arenas or ADM arenas based on performance, because some arenas have so few teams/warriors that collusion could be an issue. You also have the issue of a manager using tourneys to boost basic arena performance. (ie make a new team run in multiple tourneys then enter the arena.)

The only way I see you could give out a Golden Ticket for basic arenas is for participation. Player runs all 5 warriors from a team for X number of consecutive turns, they earn a ticket.
Note: A player can only earn one ticket per year this way.

Why should any TC's ever get a 2nd prize? Instead give the Golden Ticket as consolation prize to the runner up in each tourney class.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nobody appreciates an Oompa Loompa reference, I guess.

In all seriousness, I'm not crazy about this idea. It sounds complicated. It adds additional work for RSI. It adds additional prizes to an already prize-heavy game. There are already TC prizes. There are already Bloodgames if people choose to participate in them.

So some TC prizes are better than others. Tough. There are plenty of people, myself included, who will try to win whatever prize is offered and will be quite happy when they do.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:

In all seriousness, I'm not crazy about this idea. It sounds complicated. It adds additional work for RSI. It adds additional prizes to an already prize-heavy game. There are already TC prizes. There are already Bloodgames if people choose to participate in them.

So some TC prizes are better than others. Tough. There are plenty of people, myself included, who will try to win whatever prize is offered and will be quite happy when they do.

Well, the first Willy Wonka was better than the last.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

Well, the first Willy Wonka was better than the last.

The oompa loompas were damn sure better!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic