New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - next TOGS....
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes TOGS is certainly an obscenity
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Does not look like any gladiators are worthy enough for Tourney Fighting!

Then the team isn't worthy for TOGS either. (Assuming you were going in there to prep)

Just going to run a stable in DM 60 to be around for all the Spots and P-ads when things get heated up!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Does not look like any gladiators are worthy enough for Tourney Fighting!

Then the team isn't worthy for TOGS either. (Assuming you were going in there to prep)

Hammer, you still have time....

DA unitll you have a full team of tourney caliber warriors...run the good oneswhile you da...you want then all spread out. When you get 5 tourney caliber guys all timed up, then you are ready.

Don't forget....

...To tv in the tourney.
...To throw fights while you're timing up. You want to be misranked so you get a few easy wins in.
..To have a good selection of dead guys, just in case a dead tourney is near the competition.
...To be unscrupulous and have a pile of extra rollups ready.

Just going to start a stable running in DM 60 in March, so in case I do end up with a TOGS Partner they will not all be Rookies gladiators!

Was around for one or two other TOGS contests and since I enjoy reading Spots over here I decided to have a stable here too!

My stable will already be losing Blood on the Sands and I am not actively seeking a Partner!

About all I can guarantee is the +5 points for a Spot and writing a P-ad during each cycle!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
nuln wrote:
Darque wrote:
Every time someone says the T#%$ word it gets delayed another 6 months.

TOGS TOGS TOGS. Ha ha ha ha....

More proof of collusion. Nuln is simply post-poning the contest so FONZ may get their forces in order! Wink

It is a mere coincidence that I wouldn't want TOGS starting soon and my current warriors in the TOGS-affiliated arena sucking. Who wouldn't want TOGS to start right away? After all it is TOGS. I must go now and write some TOGS personals and TOGS spotlights. There I much I could say about TOGS, but I will wait until TOGS is closer approaching.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
Darque wrote:
nuln wrote:
Darque wrote:

More proof of collusion. Nuln is simply post-poning the contest so FONZ may get their forces in order! Wink

It is a mere coincidence that I wouldn't want TOGS starting soon and my current warriors in the TOGS-affiliated arena sucking. Who wouldn't want TOGS to start right away? After all it is TOGS. I must go now and write some TOGS personals and TOGS spotlights. There I much I could say about TOGS, but I will wait until TOGS is closer approaching.

There is the secret to TOGS success!

Start writing your TOGS P-ads and Spots in Advance!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
nuln wrote:
Darque wrote:
nuln wrote:
Darque wrote:

There is the secret to TOGS success!

Start writing your TOGS P-ads and Spots in Advance!

Hammer, will you quit giving out all the TOGS success methods Idea Twisted Evil Wink

You are soooooo BAD!

.......... It is true that some people do prewrite some of the spotlights as writing a decent required-size relatively large spotlight is challenging - especially at the last minute - and especially with "real life" interventions.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's the lastest news on TOGS?

Any idea on start date?
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:

Any idea on start date?

Rumor has it that the next TOGS will start sometime shortly after the winter FTF. Stay tuned for more info when we have our ship more fully together.

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Elephant wrote:

Any idea on start date?

Rumor has it that the next TOGS will start sometime shortly after the winter FTF. Stay tuned for more info when we have our ship more fully together.

Oh, goodie! I get to start writing spots ahead of time again...but WHO do I pick on? Okay, Manager, Soultaker, Creepster, all givens. But who ELSE?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:

Oh, goodie! I get to start writing spots ahead of time again...but WHO do I pick on? Okay, Manager, Soultaker, Creepster, all givens. But who ELSE?
Indimar!! Laughing
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm considering joining TOGS and was curious about the p-ad element. Do TOGS competitors have a different stance on trash talk than they would outside of the competition? In other words, are players encouraged to poke fun at managers they wouldn't normally accost, either out of respect, fear or friendship or is the banter still taken personally by those who take things personally.

SwineTiger
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm considering joining TOGS and was curious about the p-ad element. Do TOGS competitors have a different stance on trash talk than they would outside of the competition? In other words, are players encouraged to poke fun at managers they wouldn't normally accost, either out of respect, fear or friendship or is the banter still taken personally by those who take things personally.

People who take things personally, get made fun of extra hard in TOGS.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:

SwineTiger

Yeah, everyone is pretty well fair game through TOGS and anyone taking it too personally is in the wrong place. And like Christmas, it is always better to give than to receive.

nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:

SwineTiger

as the all-time pin-cushion of TOGS, I can safely say the spirit of TOGS is in poking fun and not taking things seriously (at least in the p-ad/spotlight realm). that is the majority, but there have been and will continue to be a person here or there who does take things personal. But I think most people are aware (or should be) that by the very nature of TOGS there could happen at any point a time where you are being made fun of by one or more people. Wink

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:

as the all-time pin-cushion of TOGS, I can safely say the spirit of TOGS is in poking fun and not taking things seriously

I promise I won't write ONE bad word about you this time Nulnsy -- instead I'll string a couple of paragraphs worth of run-on sentences!!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic