New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - What the?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok if this is able to be done please let me know so I can stop spending money to DA warriors.

Last Turn Drake's Comics had a warrior Booster Pyrite fight and end up 1-4 at the end of last turn.

This turn that warrior has simply disappeared and is replaced by Jugglenaught who Drake declares as Champion and is 2-1.

Even if it is a tournament of the dead warrior, shouldn't you have to at least DA someone on the team or have an open spot? Not sure how that works.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good catch!

I'm guessing input error DA. (They usually just kill the warrior if you should have sent a warrior to the DA but it didn't go)
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure I got that.

He still has 5 warriors on the team this turn and the one that replaced the one from last turn is 2-1, so it isn't a new warrior. If he had DA'd the one from last turn the new guy couldn't get into the contest till next turn.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It would appear that Drake has friends in high places.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have a ressurected warrior, you can ask RSI to simply replace one of your existing warriors on the same team with the rezzed. No need to go through the whole DA thing. Fortunately for me I'd checked with Baph about this prior to doing it. I asked Baph if it would count as a DA and he said that sice the DA wasn't involved, it didn't count. He did say it was pretty sneaky, though. I'm sure you can all guess why I didn't publicly advertise my plans to do this.

See the Turf War VI Rule Discussion thread (http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2601&sid=d53ff67c5369361490e1c010ad12de73) to see how I could have turned it into +5 points for my team.

Besides, Manager, having collaborated with me in the past you should have an idea of what I'm capable of. Twisted Evil It's because of those good old days that I'm keeping my eye on you. Razz It's a good thing Dr. Demented and Wug don't play this game.

Known primarily for being a wise-ass
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
It would appear that Drake has friends in high places.

Well, I don't know about that, but I'm sure I've got some high friends someplace. Smile

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Besides, Manager, having collaborated with me in the past you should have an idea of what I'm capable of. Twisted Evil It's because of those good old days that I'm keeping my eye on you. Razz It's a good thing Dr. Demented and Wug don't play this game.

Oh I do! The worst part is that you have all this nicety nice reputation in this game. "Oh look, it's that nice Drake fellow who does the quarterly reports in the various arenas." Hah! One day you're going to do something totally evil, and I'm going to try and warn people that it's coming and no one is going to believe me.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Oh I do! The worst part is that you have all this nicety nice reputation in this game. "Oh look, it's that nice Drake fellow who does the quarterly reports in the various arenas." Hah! One day you're going to do something totally evil, and I'm going to try and warn people that it's coming and no one is going to believe me.

You guys are already so far off base.

Why, we had already classed both Drake and Manager in the category of sly, devious, egotistical, win-maniac managers. (In other words - formidable Wink )

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Drake
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Evil is so negative. I prefer the term, alternative morality.

Baphomet
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Trip...I did tell Drake that it was within the boundaries of the contest to replace a warrior..which is his right under the DM rules and there is nothing in the TW rules to prohibit it. However, I also told him that it was "sneaky" too. So, even if some would see it as a breach of the rules, it's really not.

No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. -- Ronald Reagan
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baphomet wrote:
Trip...I did tell Drake that it was within the boundaries of the contest to replace a warrior..which is his right under the DM rules and there is nothing in the TW rules to prohibit it. However, I also told him that it was "sneaky" too. So, even if some would see it as a breach of the rules, it's really not.

Sneaky? Sure. But we have to agree you made the "best" decision, Baphomet.

Watch out for The Drakester!

Baphomet
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Wayne...I'm gonna need all the support I can get with this contest. Which is why I appreciate all the assistance from everyone involved.

No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. -- Ronald Reagan
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BUMP
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic