New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - off-hand weapon WT requirements
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The idea that a 3 WT warrior can use an off-hand (but not primary) SC is ridiculous. This would seem to be an easily fixable issue but I'm sure there are those that have built characters around this gap in the game rules.

Personally, I consider it an exploit, but I'm not judging those driving trucks through that loophole.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Obregon wrote:
The idea that a 3 WT warrior can use an off-hand (but not primary) SC is ridiculous. This would seem to be an easily fixable issue but I'm sure there are those that have built characters around this gap in the game rules.

Personally, I consider it an exploit, but I'm not judging those driving trucks through that loophole.

Imagine the 3 WT AMBI SL well suited to the off-hand SC

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And 3 wit AB's are 1 deftness short of well suited to an off hand epee, too Smile
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is the way it is.

This particular game quirk has very little impact on overall game balance, in my opinion.

This isn't some MMORPG where if we all get together and complain enough, they'll change it in the next patch. For the most part, things are the way they are, and you can either enjoy the sometimes illogical nuances of the game or you can get angry about them.

Life is a lot better if you enjoy them.
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
It is the way it is.

This particular game quirk has very little impact on overall game balance, in my opinion.

This isn't some MMORPG where if we all get together and complain enough, they'll change it in the next patch. For the most part, things are the way they are, and you can either enjoy the sometimes illogical nuances of the game or you can get angry about them.

I enjoy all of the quirks of the game, but this is clearly a mistake. I'm not angry about it and my life will go on happily either way.

I'll let others speak on whether the error is significant. The offhand scimitar bug gives stupid warriors free access to arguably the most powerful weapon in the game. Just sayin'.

Owsly
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why wasn't I informed?!?! What's he talking about?!?!? This is ground breaking news. Somebody fill me in.

Owsly
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WT requirements aren't checked for off-hand weapons (or at least, no unsuited statement is provided).

So a 3 WT TP could use the LG/SC combo. A 3 WT AB could use Fist/SC. A 3 WT BA could use MA/SC. Assuming, of course, that each warrior has the required SZ/DF for the weapon combination.

It most often comes up in the case of scummy low WT Aimed Blows, particularly in the Bloodgames.
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Obregon wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:
It is the way it is.

I enjoy all of the quirks of the game, but this is clearly a mistake. I'm not angry about it and my life will go on happily either way.

I'll let others speak on whether the error is significant. The offhand scimitar bug gives stupid warriors free access to arguably the most powerful weapon in the game. Just sayin'.

total 'meh' issue IMO

1. available to everyone should they chose to use it
2. mentally calculating the 000's of fights I have had, arena and tourney, I am guessing this particular strat has been used less than 10 times in fights I have been involved in

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is theoretically ridiculous.
It is available to us all.
We have used it very, very, very, very, very seldom. Or less.
Realistically it is as innoculous as a gnat on an elephant to us.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The low-WT off-hand SC AB was a fad tourney warrior for a tourney or two. Most of them I fought were laughably bad. I wouldn't worry about it as the penalty for a Low WT warrior is extremely severe.
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
The low-WT off-hand SC AB was a fad tourney warrior for a tourney or two. Most of them I fought were laughably bad. I wouldn't worry about it as the penalty for a Low WT warrior is extremely severe.

I usually run them in the rookies (3 or 4?), and normally 1 will TV (usually the ambi 1). At the last Face one of mine one shotted a conventional Aimer in Rookies when I came out the gate hot with a BS. Can be good through Init's and then you have to wait until they have been bagged in challengers for a while.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic