New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 9
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
This Contest SUCKS and the only reason I am still in this thing is because I have a Ripper and some Aimers!

Now that I finally Graduated an Aimer the Ripper is what holds my interest and like SoulTaker points out, I could fund another arena more to my liking instead of wasting my money here!

The other Positive note is that if I keep on playing through to the end then I get some kind of Bonus for one of my warriors for running a Full Stable!

This is now the second time you've said that so I'm wondering what you think SUCKS so badly that you weren't aware of before it started?

I know that the scoring has been a little spotty with Jiles dropping the ball and there's been some expected apathy and disorganization, but nothing unpredictable. Are you unhappy with the rules/structure of the contest or something else?

I have to agree with Sentinel (go figure), just why does it suck? I pointed out that I was disillusioned with it by the lack of administrator and freeblade co-ordination. I know Sentinel has sent out numerous e-mails to Freeblades about getting active, did you imput anything? When is the last time you challenged? Manager hit it on the head(I really hate agreeing with him), just being on maintenance doesn't add to the contest. For one that loves to write, where are your personals to help motivate. If I had it to do over I never would have entered this, but I did and will continue to challenge and try to win. I guess the big blue letters got to me through my meds Rolling Eyes Please tell us what we could have done to make you happier in 66. Doing my part to reach archmaster poster. Sorry to sort of go off on ya Hammer. Still fired up from reading all the nay-sayer crap of Druid

Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
This Contest SUCKS and the only reason I am still in this thing is because I have a Ripper and some Aimers!

Now that I finally Graduated an Aimer the Ripper is what holds my interest and like SoulTaker points out, I could fund another arena more to my liking instead of wasting my money here!

The other Positive note is that if I keep on playing through to the end then I get some kind of Bonus for one of my warriors for running a Full Stable!

This is now the second time you've said that so I'm wondering what you think SUCKS so badly that you weren't aware of before it started?

I know that the scoring has been a little spotty with Jiles dropping the ball and there's been some expected apathy and disorganization, but nothing unpredictable. Are you unhappy with the rules/structure of the contest or something else?

I have to agree with Sentinel (go figure), just why does it suck? I pointed out that I was disillusioned with it by the lack of administrator and freeblade co-ordination. I know Sentinel has sent out numerous e-mails to Freeblades about getting active, did you imput anything? When is the last time you challenged? Manager hit it on the head(I really hate agreeing with him), just being on maintenance doesn't add to the contest. For one that loves to write, where are your personals to help motivate. If I had it to do over I never would have entered this, but I did and will continue to challenge and try to win. I guess the big blue letters got to me through my meds Rolling Eyes Please tell us what we could have done to make you happier in 66. Doing my part to reach archmaster poster. Sorry to sort of go off on ya Hammer. Still fired up from reading all the nay-sayer crap of Druid

First of all SoulTaker I have not received your post as going off on me!

The main reason for why this contest SUCKS is a combination of many things that includes what Sentinel brought up!

From the get go it was my understanding that DAing five warriors to field five warriors and battling on the sands with what you were dealt was the drawing card for me!

The W/L percentage would work against you if you kept DAing!

We wade into the contest and somewhere along the way a ruling is passed that you DO NOT have to field a full squad.

So if we just choose one or 2 warriors and win then our W/L percentage is considerably potentially higher and the puds just sit it out each cycle!

Not the type of contest I understood it to be when advertized originally!

I made the choice to run a Full Squad based on the incentive for a Bonus Prize for fielding so many fights within the contest AND under the impression from the start that ALL teams were running full squads from what they were dealt each cycle!

So by my choosing to run a Full Stable I am actually hurting our Region!

Compounding the issue is a lack of the Contest Standings being printed in the newsletter and a Sporadic at best posting of a few of the contest categories on this site!

I fully understand that things happen and people drop out from contests for various reasons!

I have had to drop out of other contests in the past so I understand this!

Last cycle I did not issue any challenges because of some personal matters that ate away at my time!

I am NOT wasting my time doing any writing in this arena!

The Challenges I have sent have NOT gone through except for a very few times!

Now I have a Decision to make regarding my Ripper Style competition!

Challenges to Apex and Street have not gone through to their Rippers and a couple of times Apex went inactive on a particular turn!

A fellow Free Blader entered a Ripper and just clocked Street's Ripper so we each are 1-0 on Ripper matchups!

I have refrained from challenging my fellow Free Blader for the past 3 turns or so, but now I may be forced to challenge his Ripper!

Settle it one way or another, especially since Apex has now gone Inactive and only Street is active with a Ripper!

I have my funding set aside to continue in Arena 66 and had decided if my Ripper gets Killed then I would drop from the contest as well, but I have decided that if I get one of these guys graduated without using one of the Prizes on him/her and I decide to run in ADM that the New No Tourney ADM Arena is probably where I would place such a warrior if I decided to participate without any Prize enhancements!

There are a couple of other things, but I have rambled long enough about it and probably will not address this any further!

When I read the post by Apex and then SoulTaker's Post I just decided to post an echo that this contest SUCKS although I plan to continue participating!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

The W/L percentage would work against you if you kept DAing!

Yes, this is one thing that we thought as well and the Andorian team seriously considered quitting once we found out about it. With no reward for DA'ing, it puts a bigger piece of the puzzle into having good warriors and takes away from strategy and teamwork.

Quote:

We wade into the contest and somewhere along the way a ruling is passed that you DO NOT have to field a full squad.

This part was always the case, however. No ruling needed.

Quote:

So if we just choose one or 2 warriors and win then our W/L percentage is considerably potentially higher and the puds just sit it out each cycle!

Or better yet, use the Dark Arena.

Quote:

I made the choice to run a Full Squad based on the incentive for a Bonus Prize for fielding so many fights within the contest AND under the impression from the start that ALL teams were running full squads from what they were dealt each cycle!

As for the Andorian side, we voted on whether to run a full squads or not from the very beginning. But because you have unlimited DA'ing, it doesn't really matter if you decide to sit people out or DA. You can get the bonus prize and not "hurt" your team if you choose to.

Quote:

In theory maybe, but in reality, I don't think you're hurting your region. You have the highest W/L % on your team! (And I think you're in the Top 5 in the individual scoring category)

Quote:

Compounding the issue is a lack of the Contest Standings being printed in the newsletter and a Sporadic at best posting of a few of the contest categories on this site!

No argument there. I thought it would be hard to top the last Zalcon as far as scoring fiascos go. Pretty much every single close category is going to have to require a total recout at the end of this thing if LHI doesn't catch up.

Quote:
I have refrained from challenging my fellow Free Blader for the past 3 turns or so, but now I may be forced to challenge his Ripper!

There's a lot of time to settle the individual awards imho. Do you even have enough of the bases down for your warrior yet? Remember, if your warrior is mode, then the prize for winning best in style is totally worthless to you. (That WS winner who is already bonused in Parry is so screwed!)
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well now I have the proposed No Tourney ADM Arena to consider so I will continue playing and then figure out who I might want to send to that new ADM arena without any bonuses!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Hammer wrote:

In theory maybe, but in reality, I don't think you're hurting your region. You have the highest W/L % on your team! (And I think you're in the Top 5 in the individual scoring category)

Um, 'scuse me.

3/ 5*F-FZ-COOL WORDS (493) 18 16 1 52.9
4/ 4 F-NO-ANT HAMMERZ (488) 25 25 1 50.0

Me and Rodney Dangerfield, sheesh... But, Hammer definitely got out of the gate well and was pacing the team through the early rounds.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Me and Rodney Dangerfield, sheesh... But, Hammer definitely got out of the gate well and was pacing the team through the early rounds.

Oops! Sorry, that's what I get for not checking the most recent standings.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
My score:

A: 5-2
F: 10-6
D: 6-13

Which would make A-5, D-3, F-1

GQ wins the alliance record with a 3-1 record, to tie AF.

So the alliance score is: AF-3, GQ-3, OUT-1, LID-1

In the individual category, Ganolus's 3-0 turn should now give him the lead.

Hopefully Street will double check this, another close turn.

Your confusing one thing CDC has one alliance point, last turn, LID doesn't have a point (they were narrowly eked out by AF a few turns back). I'm going to try and do my damndest to get the results I have thus far into the NL this turn (I haven't had my place broken into in a few eeks now so things are setlled a bit Laughing ).

I just wanted to point out it stated pretty clearly that only matches against rival competing factions counted in the regional standings so that was NOT a decsion made along the way it may have just been so buried in the massive rules that it got glossed over by most. The big thing the DAs hurt is that teams individual team/manager score.

I also got the Andorians squeezing out the win BTW!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum