New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 8
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Both AF and FZ scored 3-1s but neither had the 3 team participation so we have a new alliance winner (note I did NOT get LID but rather AF as last turn's winner, pending confirmation)..... it's CDC with a 5-4 turn over LID and GQ with 5-5 and 3-3 respectively. That leaves me at

AF-3
GQ-2
OUT-1
CDC-1

And I fear we ahave awoken a sleeping giant as F takes the regional over A 10-6 to 6-4. So that's A-4 D-3 F-1. Welcome to the game Freemen!

Top 5 managers are:

Shnapp +11
Need 4 Speed +10
Mob Thugs +7
Cool Words +5
Ant Hammerz +4

Death Lord Leader: Tourney Fluff

Scum Master Top 5:

Vanna White 110
Manager 75
Tricky 66
Inhumane 66
Maverick 63

AB
Ricky Booby and Rake +1

ST
Corrupt,Tourney Fluff,Soul Brother 1,Sbow +1

TP
Tricky +3
Dongle, Maverick +2

BA
Bruiser +1

WS
Izzle +2

PR
Avista Hammer +1

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Tue May 22, 2007 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My quick glance scored it the same way, although it was close enough that I wanna do a double count. This is like the 3rd or 4th turn that it's come down 1 one win/loss making the difference.

Quote:
And I fear we ahave awoken a sleeping giant as F takes the regional over A 10-6 to 6-4. So that's A-4 D-3 F-1. Welcome to the game Freemen!

That quote was apropos considering that the Free Blade strategy for this turn was basically taking a nap: ("No one make any challenges, let's let the Delarquan team impale themselves on their overconfident challenges!")
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Both AF and FZ scored 3-1s but neither had the 3 team participation so we have a new alliance winner (note I did NOT get LID but rather AF as last turn's winner, pending confirmation)..... it's CDC with a 5-4 turn over LID and GQ with 5-5 and 3-3 respectively. That leaves me at

AF-3
GQ-2
OUT-1
CDC-1

Top 5 managers are:

Shnapp +11
Need 4 Speed +10
Mob Thugs +7
Cool Words +5
Ant Hammerz +4

Scum Master Top 5:

Vanna White 110
Manager 75
Tricky 66
Inhumane 66
Maverick 63

AB
Ricky Booby and Rake +1

ST

TP
Tricky +3
Dongle, Maverick +2

BA
Bruiser +1

I see many styles not listed, does this mean they have no points?

How about WS WS-IZZLE has 2 wins over WS-Kate

It is sad that a contest that has so many catagories has been ignored by the orginator. I know many have lost interst in compeating because of that reason.

Thanks for pick up the slack Street.

Craig

Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
My quick glance scored it the same way, although it was close enough that I wanna do a double count. This is like the 3rd or 4th turn that it's come down 1 one win/loss making the difference.

Quote:

That quote was apropos considering that the Free Blade strategy for this turn was basically taking a nap: ("No one make any challenges, let's let the Delarquan team impale themselves on their overconfident challenges!")

Again you tend to use only small parts of the information out there and equal parts of your brain. I did challenge and I have been. I have played all 5 from the start, it is just that a number of Freebladers have grown bored with lack of control on the contest. It is just a shame that not every player out here does everything correctly according to the Manager rules of Duel2. Can no one win or do well without it being a fluke or some kind of cheating? You always cut down anyone that might overshadow your enormus ego. I probably should have saved half this rant for arena 47.
Craig

Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The last I knew my Ripper was leading the Ripper style!

Yes this has been a very disappointing contest due to various reasons for both participation and interaction!

I am still participating because I have an interest in a couple of warriors!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey my strategy of find some good warriors and hope they win is working well. It got off to a rough start but is picking up. But I was one of the ones that did use the let the Delarq's challenge and lose to me strategy this turn (2-1 on challenges from the Larq's). I've found that I usually lose my own challenges and win when challenged. So why bother challenging if it ends up I do better by not challenging?
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
did challenge and I have been. I have played all 5 from the start, it is just that a number of Freebladers have grown bored with lack of control on the contest.

You're the only one who has challenged the past two turns and the turn before that I believe only you and Rillion challenged. The fact that you admitted that your team isn't paying attention pretty much verifies that last turn they were taking a nap. Was I wrong and your team had decided to go with a bunch of clever "if-challenge" strategies to ambush lazy challengers?

No one said anything about being a fluke or cheating? Where are you getting that idea? Way to go with your insane rantings.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
did challenge and I have been. I have played all 5 from the start, it is just that a number of Freebladers have grown bored with lack of control on the contest.

You're the only one who has challenged the past two turns and the turn before that I believe only you and Rillion challenged. The fact that you admitted that your team isn't paying attention pretty much verifies that last turn they were taking a nap. Was I wrong and your team had decided to go with a bunch of clever "if-challenge" strategies to ambush lazy challengers?

No one said anything about being a fluke or cheating? Where are you getting that idea? Way to go with your insane rantings.

Insane? Insane!
They did not sound insane to us.
Ranting, yes. Insane, no.

But it is good to see some excitement and comments finally in this event. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

AF-3
GQ-2
OUT-1
CDC-1

Top 5 managers are:

Shnapp +11
Need 4 Speed +10
Mob Thugs +7
Cool Words +5
Ant Hammerz +4

Scum Master Top 5:

Vanna White 110
Manager 75
Tricky 66
Inhumane 66
Maverick 63

AB
Ricky Booby and Rake +1

ST

TP
Tricky +3
Dongle, Maverick +2

BA
Bruiser +1

I see many styles not listed, does this mean they have no points?

How about WS WS-IZZLE has 2 wins over WS-Kate

It is sad that a contest that has so many catagories has been ignored by the orginator. I know many have lost interst in compeating because of that reason.

Thanks for pick up the slack Street.

Craig

My apologies when I glanced across it there are some styles that are at 0 and some, like SL and PS that have not yet tangled, I do have WS as WS-Izzle at +2 in my records! I will edit the previous post to add that.

As to the slack, I have been grossly misunderstood, and did go to an extreme at times and deserve what I've taken, so the half hour it takes to score a turn are just my penance to the DM community. No thanks necessary just doing what I would have done in 14 Wink

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a notebook with each turn's results and starting this turn or next I will start putting the results in the NL. I realize we've lost all but Soultaker from FZ and AF may still be in it based upon their leading the alliance race (again I need to do a final triple check on it and see if Manager will double check ,or triple as it may be, last turns alliance score (remember even though a team as OUT was on turn 7, doesn't have the full 3 teams you still need to score it as an alliance battle they just cannot win the turn) as I have it over GQ 3 to 2. As happened in the ZalCon I believe Lee will honor the contest as scored by me or others for integrity's sake so if you can draw those FONZers back in assure them I WILL ,and so will Manager I assume, keep this contest scored and will take any correction checks to make sure this contest doesn't sink and become the disaster that it might otherwise turn in to.

That is not a knock against LHI just a simple assurance that me or Manager or both will get this thing finished right if need be. If LHI finds the time again I will still keep it scored to either assist or oversee correct scoring. I appreciate it Dwayne for keeping score as well for it makes me try harder to keep the score right a true kudos to you!!! Exclamation

Thomas Jefferson
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Again this is what I am talking about. I pointed out that I should have saved half of the rants for arena 47 and you either missed it of choose to ignore it. Your comments here came off (to me) that someone made mention about waking a sleeping giant, and you had to point out that there is no way us winning could be from any other reason but a someone else poor playing. This came also after you having to belittle the SCOMSS when someone said they were a dynasty. Trust me you don't have to destroy others that get a little praise to help you feel Superior. I have always been able to ride great coat tails, and the SCOMSS would be a dynasty in most any contest or arena. OK time to go take my pills now.

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
we ahave awoken a sleeping giant as F takes the regional over A 10-6 to 6-4. So that's A-4 D-3 F-1. Welcome to the game Freemen!

Have no fear of that, I think it will take more to wake us up then one turn. But hey, at least we broke up the shutout! Way to go FreeBlades!
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

You're the only one who has challenged the past two turns and the turn before that I believe only you and Rillion challenged.

I missed the turn two turns ago, which prompted me to put my team on maintenance which then unprompted me from bothering to submit turns with challenges. Plus I still can't find one of my turns from before that during my move so I haven't kept up to date with my warriors learns. Sadly I am still managing a winning record recently. I'll have to remember to update my calendar as to when the turn is due which is the only way I can ever remember to get a turn out. Of course if I do send in a turn I'll probably go 1-2 on my challenges instead of the other way around on being challenged.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Again this is what I am talking about. I pointed out that I should have saved half of the rants for arena 47 and you either missed it of choose to ignore it. Your comments here came off (to me) that someone made mention about waking a sleeping giant, and you had to point out that there is no way us winning could be from any other reason but a someone else poor playing.

No, I don't understand what you're talking about. Well, I sort of do, but I don't see how it pertains to this particular comment.

My apologies then, that's not the way I meant it to come across. However, I hope you and everyone else knows by now that I have always given (much deserved in my opinion) crap to people who enter contests and then play don't pay attention at all. To me, it's disrespectful to enter a contest and then not pay attention. Thus, I will constantly make fun of those who continue to play and do nothing. So, the intent was not to imply that Free Blades won because of the Delarquans blew it. (After all--everyone else wins due to someone else blowing it) Merely to make fun of the Free Blades team for their not paying attention. So if you want to insult me back, now you can do it for the right thing.

Quote:

This came also after you having to belittle the SCOMSS when someone said they were a dynasty. Trust me you don't have to destroy others that get a little praise to help you feel Superior. I have always been able to ride great coat tails, and the SCOMSS would be a dynasty in most any contest or arena. OK time to go take my pills now.

Of course I'm going to belittle SCOMSS! You are the overpowered, heavy-favorites, best managers, best prepared team in the competition. Welcome to having the big "X" on your back! And yes, SCOMSS would be the overpowered heavy favorite team in almost any arena team based competition. But to me, Dynasty should be a term reserved for the likes of the Dallas Cowboys, UCLA Bruins Basketball, Spearman. Right now, SCOMSS is more like this year's Florida Basketball team--the heavy favorites, but you haven't won enough yet.

And yes, I don't destroy others to make me feel Superior. I just love to destroy others.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just for the record, the challenges I have submitted the past 3 turns have not gone through, but does it really matter?

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum