New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Aruak City
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This ole 'Larq is enjoying his time in Aruak City! I want to thank Kennelworth, of The Consortium, once again for his invite to come compete in this arena. Having just acquired my charter, I stand at a tad over 52%, hold Top Team and Team on the Move. I have also sated a Bloodfeud against the same Kennelworth. Wink I consider this time well spent.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
This ole 'Larq is enjoying his time in Aruak City! I want to thank Kennelworth, of The Consortium, once again for his invite to come compete in this arena. Having just acquired my charter, I stand at a tad over 52%, hold Top Team and Team on the Move. I have also sated a Bloodfeud against the same Kennelworth. Wink I consider this time well spent.

You did more than "sate", you rascal, you! And congrats on the charter. You have added a lot to Aruak City. (Including too many BF wins!)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

You did more than "sate", you rascal, you! And congrats on the charter. You have added a lot to Aruak City. (Including too mant BF wins!)

Hehe, don't complain too loudly, Sir. I gave you the option after my first win (out of only two wins in four BF challenges, mind) to cease, but you were kind enough to allow another challenge for the learns. Which, I might add, we both did pretty fair on. Laughing

Aruak City is a rare reminder of what DM was like back in the early-late 90s. Full of competition, personals, and spots. I highly recommend it, even tho it is an Andorian city. Wink It ranks right up there with Mordant. Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been out of the DM loop for a while (hence a lack of personals and this is the first time I've come to this site in a month!) but I'd like to say it's great to have you.

Now to get that silly 'Mordant is great' thinking out of your head... j/k. I'm sure as an arena it has it's good points, but from a RPing perspective, as a geographic location with culture, customs, political institutions, etc., it's a DIVE!!

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
I've been out of the DM loop for a while (hence a lack of personals and this is the first time I've come to this site in a month!) but I'd like to say it's great to have you.

Thank you for your polite words. It's great to be there. The competition is great, and the RP stuff is full of smack-talk that is nowhere near affecting real-life relations. I am saddened by the fact that you couldn't come to Tempe, as it seems right now, that I will probably won't be making any more Faces. Looks like things are accellerating on my SBA loan, and I don't think it would be a good thing to close my new business down 6 weeks after opening for a long weekend. Wink Perhaps next Tempe.

Andorian Adie accept no substitutes wrote:
Now to get that silly 'Mordant is great' thinking out of your head... j/k. I'm sure as an arena it has it's good points, but from a RPing perspective, as a geographic location with culture, customs, political institutions, etc., it's a DIVE!!

Mordant IS great! Where many cities are having difficulty maintaining their size, Mordant is growing. Granted, from the historical and RP positions, Mordant is more militant than the decadent civilized citties of Andoria, but I would not give up the multitudes of RP opportunities, storylines (for those managers that write), or just plain rivalries that people love to have. Twisted Evil Besides, as a writer, doesn't the setting just call to you? What could you do against that backdrop? Quite a bit, I would wager.

LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:

Obviously someone doesn't know the blessings of living in a bayou... all the life the water brings. Wink

Nice to see you back after a while of being out. Maybe I can start writing personals in Aurak too after dropping my bomb and shutting my mouth. Real world can be such a drag.

BTW, Lord_Xiang. Can you tell me the current Top Career team in Aurak? Well, both teams? Mr. Green

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
BTW, Lord_Xiang. Can you tell me the current Top Career team in Aurak? Well, both teams? Mr. Green

Current?
Why? Don't you have a newsletter? Twisted Evil

Okay, okay. You are tied for percentage Career Top Team. But that is only after 3 turns, bud. I was there myself at that very same stage. Just wait until Mr Consortium gets you in his sights. He absolutely DELIGHTS in knocking Delarquans down...and has the talent to do so. Take away my encounters with Consortium stables, and I would STILL be up in the stratusphere (65%+ for a record).

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Current?

Okay, okay. You are tied for percentage Career Top Team. But that is only after 3 turns, bud. I was there myself at that very same stage. Just wait until Mr Consortium gets you in his sights. He absolutely DELIGHTS in knocking Delarquans down...and has the talent to do so. Take away my encounters with Consortium stables, and I would STILL be up in the stratusphere (65%+ for a record).

Now, now, we really have no special personal issue with Delarquans. We try to be competitive with EVERYBODY>

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Current?

Now, now, we really have no special personal issue with Delarquans. We try to be competitive with EVERYBODY>

Hmm, I don't read challenges from your stables to those of Adie in the newsletters. Generally I see 'Larqs getting the brunt of your attention, and deaths. You are the only manager I know that kills with a 2KD!! Is that a 'Larq-only strat? Razz

Seriously, tho. If you have a choice for challenges, it only makes sense you would target 'outsiders' for your fights. It fits in with the RP aspect, and keeps the 'rivalries' interesting. I don't allocate any 'blame' for this, for there is none. Shoot! It makes it FUN for me!! Just wait until I get an Aimer really worth its salt. All those TPs to be targets!! WOOO-HOOOOOO!!! Twisted Evil

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Generally I see 'Larqs getting the brunt of your attention, and deaths.

It's just a case of the Consortium going for the easy wins. Laughing
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Current?

Hey, you don't see my attempt at subterfuge? I want him to take me on a few turns so YOUR W/L % goes up! Wink

Actually I'm loving the time there and I hope to keep it up with running in the Olympiad and attempting to go into TOGS. I'm still very unsure how real life will let me do TOGS. At least I can mess with the Andorians silently with my warriors doing the talking, and the Olympiad does not have rules to go against the strong, silent type.

Consortium knows how to beat me at my own game anyways... he's not said word ONE to me yet in the personals. Smile

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Who are the Delarquans in Candyland other than Doc Steele?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Seraphim, Lord_Xiang, and myself for the time being. Past this group I'm unsure.

It's becoming a lively place to be Ultraist. You game?

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Ultraist wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Seraphim, Lord_Xiang, and myself for the time being. Past this group I'm unsure.

It's becoming a lively place to be Ultraist. You game?

'fraid not

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:

Current?

Hmm, I don't read challenges from your stables to those of Adie in the newsletters. Generally I see 'Larqs getting the brunt of your attention, and deaths. You are the only manager I know that kills with a 2KD!! Is that a 'Larq-only strat? Razz

Seriously, tho. If you have a choice for challenges, it only makes sense you would target 'outsiders' for your fights. It fits in with the RP aspect, and keeps the 'rivalries' interesting. I don't allocate any 'blame' for this, for there is none. Shoot! It makes it FUN for me!! Just wait until I get an Aimer really worth its salt. All those TPs to be targets!! WOOO-HOOOOOO!!! Twisted Evil

We can assure you that Adie and crew challenge us and we challenge them. Now that WAS a different story during the invasion, of course. We have zero "no challenge" relationships in Aruak City.

It could be that you see few challenges from us to them because we have extreme difficulties winning against her/his teams.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic