New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - BASHER, right?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

12-12-18-5-9-9-5

He won't be smart, and he needs points to his DF totaling 11 (and I asume 11 WT as well). If this is true I'd be putting 1 on ST and 1 on CN.

Sound about right?

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd DA - he doesn't even really have what it takes to be a short-term guy.

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

matrix wrote:
12-12-18-5-9-9-5

He won't be smart, and he needs points to his DF totaling 11 (and I asume 11 WT as well). If this is true I'd be putting 1 on ST and 1 on CN.

Sound about right?

Ouch! IF I thought there was a reason, 17-12-18-7-9-14-7 BA (got a beginning brick TP you want to try to kill? Or something slowish with no defense? Slasher?) Otherwise, 13-12-18-11-15-10-5 but this is painful under the best of circumstances. Unless it was something for a special purpose that could then be killed off after success or a turn or two of trying, I wouldn't waste time on it. You'll get something at least as able to win as this I'm sure...
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gameogre wrote:
matrix wrote:
12-12-18-5-9-9-5

Sound about right?

Ouch! IF I thought there was a reason, ...wouldn't waste time on it. You'll get something at least as able to win as this I'm sure...

I kindof figured... Just trying the glass is half full approach! Know what I mean?

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sure do. I actually hate to DA, myself. But I've adjusted to the idea that there will be times where there's no choice that offers any hope of being competitive. Foolishly, no doubt, I got impatient with a series of awful replacements and I'm giving a few turns to a 15-6-19-14-15-10-5 BA that will almost surely end up dead anyway. I believe this is a bit more competitive than what I could do with your numbers (at least if both were kept around through basic, due to wit) but unless something in favs etc lifts it above what you can really expect I'm just going to end up wasting a few turns on a lark. So heck, always hunt for something worthwhile or especially fun in a roll-up. Extreme low wits, or ho-hum wits that have to suck up 6 pts. just for that level take a ton to make up for the lack, though, and the next one is almost guaranteed to offer as much or more.
Smug
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

17-16-18-7-10-9-7 BA. Sounds funny, but it'd prolly make a damn good basher scum. With a good chance of awesome damage, it wouldnt take much to make an opponent quit. I'd give him a try for a few turns with a warhammer running fast with no armor. Worst comes to worst, he dies. No different than the Dark Arena!

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smug wrote:
17-16-18-7-10-9-7 BA. Sounds funny, but it'd prolly make a damn good basher scum. With a good chance of awesome damage, it wouldnt take much to make an opponent quit. I'd give him a try for a few turns with a warhammer running fast with no armor. Worst comes to worst, he dies. No different than the Dark Arena!

Interesting use of the roll-up. Thing is, it's not exactly built for speed this way! I think you either need to go heavy decise (as one of my possibilities tries to do) or else plate up and forget the jump if you go with these numbers. IMO of course.
Smug
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Sounds funny, but it'd prolly make a damn good basher scum."

The key words there being Basher Scum. I figured on putting him in plate with a big weapon, but was only saying that if it were me, Id have to try something different in running him fast. I realize the lack of decise would cause problems, but "Worst comes to worst, he dies." Seeing as how theres no long term potential, I would experiment with him. Reading back on my post, I realize that my wording was somewhat vague...sorry. But if you could challenge enough total parries with this guy, he might have a decent record before a fast style finally creamed him, or he became DA bait.

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Smug wrote:
"Sounds funny, but it'd prolly make a damn good basher scum."

The key words there being Basher Scum. I figured on putting him in plate with a big weapon, but was only saying that if it were me, Id have to try something different in running him fast. I realize the lack of decise would cause problems, but "Worst comes to worst, he dies." Seeing as how theres no long term potential, I would experiment with him. Reading back on my post, I realize that my wording was somewhat vague...sorry. But if you could challenge enough total parries with this guy, he might have a decent record before a fast style finally creamed him, or he became DA bait.

OK, yeah. I hadn't understood that there were two different ideas there. You see enough 5/7 str offensive designs around that even a few of the fast offensives might punk out before they stopped this one.
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys. I just built him strong and dumb and ready to go to the DA. The new roll-up has to be better. Seemed to be the general consensus anyway. Rolling Eyes

CHAOS INC.
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK... Here's the final numbers( don't laugh! Shocked )17-15-18-9-9-9-7. I planed to send him DA after the sheet was sent in... BUT, I'm sending him to the tourney instead ( what the hell)! He does TREMENDOUS, can take ALOT, can carry TREMENDOUS. I'm planning to PLATE him up and go MA for light armor, ML for everythingelse. Does 10-2-5 sound ok for this rediculous beast or should I go something like 5-2-5?

CHAOS INC.
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

matrix wrote:
OK... Here's the final numbers( don't laugh! Shocked )17-15-18-9-9-9-7. I planed to send him DA after the sheet was sent in... BUT, I'm sending him to the tourney instead ( what the hell)! He does TREMENDOUS, can take ALOT, can carry TREMENDOUS. I'm planning to PLATE him up and go MA for light armor, ML for everythingelse. Does 10-2-5 sound ok for this rediculous beast or should I go something like 5-2-5?

If for some reason you pull a TV/TC with this guy I will be sooooooooo jealous!!!! Razz

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

matrix wrote:

Hmmm, wish he had a tad more will because he's going to get hit alot and will need a few good rolls to keep fighting. I think I would go WH and ML but since you won't be jumping anything and he does tremendous I guess there's really little difference.

The sweet spot for basher tempo is most commonly HI/LO, I think I'd use 9/8-4/5-6-x-S vs offensives and 8-3-6-B vs defensives the first minute myself. If you didn't want to risk the sometimes odd results of unsuited responsiveness then I'd still use the numbers and go bash tactic instead. I have to doubt he's quite brickish enough with the will to win a prize but physicals can be the edge in Rookies in many fights so have some fun! There should be a ton of all defense/HP TP's this tourney so he may do better than I've given him credit for with a lucky draw for opponents.
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Flagg]
If for some reason you pull a TV/TC with this guy I will be sooooooooo jealous!!!! Razz[/quote]

FLAGG, I will concider myself lucky to do that! But like gameogre said , it will be fun anyways(unless he gets blasted twice right away!). Sad

CHAOS INC.
SOLofTheFirm
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i woul run him plate with a WH wide ass open!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic