New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Manager's Stormcrowe Slaughterhouse Predictions!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

People have asked me to predict basic arena contests more. Every time I do it for the TOGS, but for basic arena contests, it always tends to get more personal as I might be predicting you to finish last. I tend to do it for contests I only play in since if you don't like what I picked, you can always try and take it out of my team. But this is the first time I've done it for a contest I wasn't entering. Sooo...if you hate where I picked you, you'll have to take it out on everyone else. (I do have a team in Stormcrowe that is a semi-regular in Dm 45 though, so most of you regulars will be able to take it out on me eventually.)

Team 1 (JGW and Wretch)
======
Two capable manager who have a diverse set of warriors at different points in the standings. Unlike other teams, they won't clash often and get in each other's way.
Odds of winning: 20:1

Team 2 (Nomand and Stik)
=======
Not too much contest history to draw data from in this pairing. Their lack of experience could hurt them, although this pairing has shown a willingness to learn, which could help them in the stretch.
Odds of winning: 50:1

Team 3 (Maximillian and Hammer)
======
Competitors better look out for this battle hardened team in DM 45. Maximillian has competed well in several Turf Wars and Hammer was one of the managers who made basic arena competitions popular in the first place. Not to mention that Hammer's has 5 warriors in Stormcrowe's soft upper middle region--that should make him a force to be reckoned with in the early/middle portion of this contest.
Odds of winning: 4:1

Team 4 (Kat and Master Darque)
======
Easily the favorites to win. Master Darque was a star in the recent turf war competition--and this time he's on his home turf. With 3 of the Top 7 warriors in the contest, he is one of the favorites to win a lot early and then rack up the first few Current Top Team points. Kat is an excellent manager himself, but I think all he has to do is not get in the way of the juggernaut that will be Master Darque.
Odds of winning: 2:1

Team 5: (Mr. Mojo and JE)
=======
Mr. Mojo returns to contest action after a long hiatus, this time with long time vet, JE. I've been caught off-guard many times by JE warriors and if their opponents under-estimate him, they will too. On the surface, this team may not have the horses to go all away, but they have enough managerial know-how to win it all. Put them away early, because if you
let them hang around, they'll move to one of the favorites.
Odds of winning: 10:1

Team 6: (Shadowdragon and Reaper)
=======
I suspect this is the least experienced team in the contest. I'll be honest in that I don't know too much about them, but looking at their arena records, they look like the biggest underdogs so far. I hope they prove me wrong.
Odds of winning: 100:1

Team 7: Arminius and Fionn Mac
========
This team is off the odds board--no data has been gathered about them at the time of this writing.

Team 8: TEAM 8--Phat Phat and Haunt
========
Not sure what to make of this pairing. An old school (but contest neophyte) player in Phat Phat along with the mysterous Haunt, who seems to be old school but is keeping his old identity under wraps. (Laura Rrostarr? Flagg? Crow?) Keep and eye on them, they look shifty.
Odds: 20:1

Team 9 (Tripwire and Kellumbo)
======
Probably the most accomplished team in the contest, at least in tournament play. Kellumbo has also been flexing his basic muscles by having one of the top teams in DM 81. They won't go to sleep and will make challenges every turn, so that fact alone makes them pretty dangerous. Their weakness will be their lack of natural alliances with other teams, and also having too many warriors at the bottom of the ranks to start off. (although if their teams have hidden tourney FE, they could be picking up early points via the team on the move award.)
Odds: 3:1

Team 10 (Apex and Master Beru)
=======
Two up and coming managers who could have a big coming out party if the win the Slaughterhouse competition. One of this team's biggest advantages (to me) is that they could be friendly with multiple teams in the contest and probably won't be targetted early like some of the other
favorites to win.
Odds: 10:1

Team 11 (Street Legal and Rake)
=======
I was actually kind of impressed with Street Legal's dedication to his team in the Regional
Royal Rumble, despite the non-coordination of his team. However, Andorians who go bad never win
anything. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of damage Rake is capable of doing in a
contest like this.
Odds: 25:1

Predicted Top 3
===========
1. Kat and Master Darque
2. Tripwire and Kellumbo
3. Maximillian and Hammer
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the Kiss of Death for Somebody!

Thanks Manager!

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well at least we should be able to meet everyone's expectations. Laughing this is going to be a learning experience and i just want to make it to the end being as big a pain in the a$$ as i can be! Very Happy
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just want everyone to know their chances of winning went down in managerr's predictions because I was not participating. Had I entered a team people would have done alot better in his predictions knowing everyone would have the extra wins from the beating on my team that generally goes around.

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You aren't joining Manager? You can't enter late here like the battle royal. There are no negative points to lower people's scores.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Team 4 (Kat and Master Darque)
======
Easily the favorites to win. Master Darque was a star in the recent turf war competition--and this time he's on his home turf. With 3 of the Top 7 warriors in the contest, he is one of the favorites to win a lot early and then rack up the first few Current Top Team points. Kat is an excellent manager himself, but I think all he has to do is not get in the way of the juggernaut that will be Master Darque.
Odds of winning: 2:1

Don't you know anything about KAT's? They're always under foot at the most inopurtune moments! Carrying a large basket of laundry? <BAM> There's the KAT under foot! Bringing the meal to the table? <BOOM> There's the KAT under foot! Walking to the kitchen for a late night drink? <MREEOW> Found the KAT's tail!

As to me going bad? I've always been a bloody Andorian I just becamea mercenary recently that's all! Much blood will spill at the hands of my Mummified Maiden Boys and Girls (Might not mean a win but it will be gory)!

Looking forward to seeing the ToGS predictions soon.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Max and his Rednecks were a No Show for Round One!

Gonna Be A Looooong Year if Max Does Not Arrive for Round Two!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Darque

Get Raggedy Ann Graduated Already!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Team 6: (Shadowdragon and Reaper)
=======
I suspect this is the least experienced team in the contest. I'll be honest in that I don't know too much about them, but looking at their arena records, they look like the biggest underdogs so far. I hope they prove me wrong.
Odds of winning: 100:1

Thanks.....
Which arena record would that be?

R
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Turn 1 POINTS-TEAM-MANAGERS

21-TEAM 7-Phat Phat/Haunt
17-TEAM 5-Mr. Mojo/JE
15-TEAM 8-Tripwire/Detective Kellumbo
15-TEAM 4-Kat/Master Darque
12-TEAM 6-Shadowdragon/Reaper
12-TEAM 1-JGW/Wretch
09-TEAM 9-Master Beru/Apex
09-TEAM 3-Hammer/Maximillian
09-TEAM 2-Nomad/Stik
06-TEAM 10-Street Legal/Rake

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No deaths on the first turn outside of the DA, but there was lots of "slaughtering" that got done by way of personal ads, arena spotlights, missing teams, and strategies.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
No deaths on the first turn outside of the DA, but there was lots of "slaughtering" that got done by way of personal ads, arena spotlights, missing teams, and strategies.

MD! It's not nice to talk about grammar like that.....
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like JGW and Manager were pretty accurate with their setting their odds on me and Rake. Little do they know we have everybody right where we want them, in our sights! That's my excuse, errrrrrrrrrrrr, story and I'm sticking to it.

Dissapointed by my first turn as I had 2 winnable fights go against me, a hearty congrats on what turned out to be a good solid strat by Phat with his guy Spy. Believe me Charlotte got a good talking to on that bungle!

Y'know I thought about transferring over my team from 66 with all it's prizes lumped on but thought I'd like to keep it as a closed arena team that I can move around to anywhere. Might have been a BIG mistake!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
phat
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Dissapointed by my first turn as I had 2 winnable fights go against me, a hearty congrats on what turned out to be a good solid strat by Phat with his guy Spy. Believe me Charlotte got a good talking to on that bungle!

not that spy had some super strat. more like luck. learning like that shouldn`t be long before carlotte is near unbeatable. good to be mixing t up again street. even if not 4 vc.

JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
Darque wrote:

MD! It's not nice to talk about grammar like that.....

C'mon. What do you expect from a hick in Virginia? Wink

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic