New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - It's that time of year again....
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
They should give points to the Most Challenged and Most Avoided Teams.

too easy to flim-flam

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into. At least I know one team to avoid (the one downside talking about your strategy in the forums is that you're talking about your strategy in the forums).

DK Bread

I honestly wouldn't be too worried Swinetiger, I think it'll only have a minimal effect on the contest. It helps you the first turn and that's about it. Hey, at least you know I wasn't one of those no-good filthy fight-throwers.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just a different generation I suppose (kids today...). I have three ongoing objectives in the game which are to become the DM in the respective arenas I'm in, to get at least one TV each tourney, and to graduate my guys with the best records possible. Afterall, once you're in ADM, the warriors who stick out are those who have managed to keep their losses in the single digits like Prodigal Son who is 30-4. While I want to do well in TOGs, I don't want to compromise the long term records of my crew to get an edge (of course, when you only run a couple teams compared to the mega managers, your crews become that much more personal). Granted, I do understand and embrace the strategy behind sandbagging, but that ties in with my overall objectives as well.

SwineTiger
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
They should give points to the Most Challenged and Most Avoided Teams.

We used to until the overboard psychotic manipulators (Manager and his ilk) started abusing it and colluding to get avoids. It has since been eliminated.

The fight throwing that happens does help a little bit, but honestly not that much. The primary benefit is that at least out of the gate, your warrior is ranked a little lower and (doesn't necessarily have worse competition to fight, but) has more options for challenging. Being able to win upchallenges consistently is a huge key to performing well in TOGS. Another reason at the top is to keep from accumulating too many political points that are going to get your warriors graduated part of the way through the TOGS. The way the rules are setup, it really is an advantage to be have a relatively young team (in the 4-15 FE range and high Inits to Adepts in the standings).

FYI, I'll let everyone know that I tried IN VAIN to kill almost every single future TOGS warriors I fought at the FTF. Yours was one of them. I also tried to kill both of Sandman's TOGS warriors in Adepts. I felt kinda guilty for just a secon, but all is fair in love and TOGS (and both usually involve sheep).

SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Sentinel"

I tried IN VAIN to kill almost every single future TOGS warriors I fought at the FTF. Yours was one of them.[/quote]

I haven't got my fights back yet, but hopefully the beating I gave Enigma XXV was a good one.

SwineTiger
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Sentinel"]
SwineTiger wrote:

I also tried to kill both of Sandman's TOGS warriors in Adepts.

What? You didn't tell me that when I was proxying for him!

To think, I almost felt bad about killing your PL in challengers -- the only guy to beat Marv.

(OK, that's a lie. You know I don't feel bad when my guys whack someone.)

Mannequin
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
FYI, I'll let everyone know that I tried IN VAIN to kill almost every single future TOGS warriors I fought at the FTF.

We freakin' told Hombre to try and plant Loki in the ground because you (and everyone else) would have done the same. But nooooooo, he has to go and aim for your arms.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Mannequin"]
Sentinel wrote:
SwineTiger wrote:

I also tried to kill both of Sandman's TOGS warriors in Adepts.

What? You didn't tell me that when I was proxying for him!

To think, I almost felt bad about killing your PL in challengers -- the only guy to beat Marv.

(OK, that's a lie. You know I don't feel bad when my guys whack someone.)

Mannequin

For that, I figured that since you were proxying him it was a given that his warrior would be trying to kill mine.

And I know you don't feel bad about killing Fighting Cock. I just need to check which teams you run before the tourney next year so I can be sure to be on the kill offensive when we meet.

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
FYI, I'll let everyone know that I tried IN VAIN to kill almost every single future TOGS warriors I fought at the FTF.

We freakin' told Hombre to try and plant Loki in the ground because you (and everyone else) would have done the same. But nooooooo, he has to go and aim for your arms.

Oh, I thought he actually did try based on our previous experiences. He's a good man, don't be a hater.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic