New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Bagged on...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess. There seemed to be a variety of responses. Did you see a favorite?

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My reason why Andorians get 'bagged on' is simple. Andorians are the equivelent to the band geeks in high school. The Delarquans are the jocks. The Free Bladers are the kids that flitter between cliques, never choosng, never accepted. Razz

The only real difference is that the 'band geeks' have sharp and pointy weapons to beat the jocks back with. Crying or Very sad And they know how to use them. Shocked

Besides, picking on folks that like to RP generates return jibes, many of which are pure humor, regardless who is the target. I get more laughs out of folks riposting my jibes than I do from my own. Andorians are generally those folks that enjoy RP. There are several of us RP-type 'Larqs, but we are a rare breed.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Delarquans are so not Jocks. They are the heavy metal pot heads that never go to class because they are working on their music for thier band.
Freebladers are definately the jocks that get the cheerleaders while the nerdy Andorians do their homework for them and the Larqs are too stoned to care Smile
TGG/Corey
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Both wrong. Andorians are the cool, high ideals, AP class aceing, Ivy League accepted students who graduate at the top of their class and go on to be good, if not great, citizens and contributors of society. Very Happy (Not all smart people are uncool nerds. Duh!)

If Freebladers are the jocks, they just smear good working class and family values with their partying uneducated butts. And if 'Larqs are pot smoking band players, they end up the dregs of society (even if they become famous and rich). With any luck, they will become good citizens in their elder years when they realize they should have been good Andorians. Wink

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

See we agree Andorians are the nerds Smile Freebladers are the jocks who do well in school( mainly because we threaten the nerds to do our work) and still know how to party like the Stoned Larqs. Once again proves Freebladers are the best of both worlds. Smile
TGG
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
See we agree Andorians are the nerds Smile Freebladers are the jocks who do well in school( mainly because we threaten the nerds to do our work) and still know how to party like the Stoned Larqs. Once again proves Freebladers are the best of both worlds. Smile
TGG

Let's see if I can relate your definition of Free Blader to RL. Hmmm, according to what you posted, Ricky Williams would be a Free Blader. All the ability in the world wrapped up into one package, but the inability to commit to the program. Laughing

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
TGG

Either you're twisting my words to your end, or your school was not as diverse as mine! But my high school did have geeks, we did have nerds, and jocks, and... actually, I can't remember any specific band playing pot heads, but there must have been a few, at least pot heads. But we also had well known cool people who were popular, and very smart, who wouldn't do the dumb jock's homework. THOSE are the Andorians. Razz

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
TGG

Either you're twisting my words to your end, or your school was not as diverse as mine! But my high school did have geeks, we did have nerds, and jocks, and... actually, I can't remember any specific band playing pot heads, but there must have been a few, at least pot heads. But we also had well known cool people who were popular, and very smart, who wouldn't do the dumb jock's homework. THOSE are the Andorians. Razz

After this thread you guys should have no questions about the level your geekdom has reached! Smile

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Adie wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
TGG

After this thread you guys should have no questions about the level your geekdom has reached! Smile

WTF? Um, guys, we all play a fantasy combat role-playing play-by-mail game. We're ALL geeks by definition. And it's pretty silly to argue about the fine shades of dorkhood between us. <grin>

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
WTF? Um, guys, we all play a fantasy combat role-playing play-by-mail game. We're ALL geeks by definition. And it's pretty silly to argue about the fine shades of dorkhood between us. <grin>

I don't know about that. "Geek" might be the wrong term. My wife calls our type "gamer(s)".

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

I don't know about that. "Geek" might be the wrong term. My wife calls our type "gamer(s)".

Codeword for "geek."

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea despite the fact I really was a Jock in high school, I even went on an atheletic scholarship to college, somehow I've always liked sci fi/fantasy stuff and my wife totally thinks I'm a geek now Smile
Corey/TGG
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Yea despite the fact I really was a Jock in high school, I even went on an atheletic scholarship to college, somehow I've always liked sci fi/fantasy stuff and my wife totally thinks I'm a geek now Smile
Corey/TGG

Aging jocks usually slide over to geek pretty easy.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Corey/TGG

Many of us were jocks - once!

In Chicago, my daughter came into the FTF late Sun to get me and described it as ....... "Dad, it's just a bunch of old nerds playing with papers"!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
Corey/TGG

Many of us were jocks - once!

In Chicago, my daughter came into the FTF late Sun to get me and described it as ....... "Dad, it's just a bunch of old nerds playing with papers"!

LOL you told me that story in July, I believe I said my response to her would have been something like:

"Dear, not all of them are old"

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic