New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TOGS VI
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, ok, you can stop not-talking about TOGS VI already, it is coming, slowly but surely, like a giant, over-fed, greased slug sliding down a gravely driveway. We’re looking for new-comers, old-timers, in-betweeners, fence-sitters and Delarquans to come on out and participate. Just think, you could be the next Pinky & the Brain pairing (a la Creepster & Manager), or maybe you’ll be the team that crushes all in its path on the way TO UTTER AND COMPLETE TOGS DOMINATION!!!!!! [note: insert sinister cackle if it helps you complete the picture]

There will be a few minor changes, so let’s recap the rules from top to bottom:

[RULES moved to TOGS VI RULES sticky.]

We hope to see you all there....

Last edited by nuln on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:

-- Team Names: This was not listed in the rules, but to make things more festive, at the suggestion of Manager we have decided to have the added dimension of team names! Yes, no more boring rankings with Team 4 edging out Team 7. Just picture reading a TOGS turn report now, with something along the lines of “Team Fiery Starfish obliterated Team Superior TOGSlings,” just as one example.

Ahh, man, we have to write spotlights and personals and then you drop this one on us? It's gonna take Sandman and I FOREVER to agree upon a cool, catchy team name.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
nuln wrote:

-- Team Names: This was not listed in the rules, but to make things more festive, at the suggestion of Manager we have decided to have the added dimension of team names! Yes, no more boring rankings with Team 4 edging out Team 7. Just picture reading a TOGS turn report now, with something along the lines of “Team Fiery Starfish obliterated Team Superior TOGSlings,” just as one example.

Ahh, man, we have to write spotlights and personals and then you drop this one on us? It's gonna take Sandman and I FOREVER to agree upon a cool, catchy team name.

TEAM CHOKER? Or did Rillion and The Greek Guy get a copyright on that? <grin>

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Lean, Mean Nuln Machine wrote:
4. TOGS VI will start in arena 60 shortly after the Winter Face-to-Face (turn due Feb 21, Aradi turn 436) and as mentioned before will last for 13 turns.

This date was chosen to give people time to recover after the FTF and give everyone the most options for starting a new team.

I wanted to point out that there should be 3-4 turns after the start before the Spring MI tourney so a brand new warrior or team would be well-timed to run in Apprentices. Starting immediately after the FTF would have had all the new warriors at 5 FE going into the MI as mistimed Inits. And while it sounded like good sport to stick it to all the new warriors like that, I wanted to make sure it's as friendly for newcomers as possible.

This will also give everyone who ran at the Tempe FTF a turn or two to round off the FE on their warriors, get them on the rankings if they ran in Rookies, etc.

_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have Pauly come up with a clever name for our team, but that would probably take him untill next TOGS. Wink

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Every year we have a couple new teams of managers who haven't played before that show up for the first time to make their mark.

Who are going to be the managers who have never played TOGS before that will show up to make an impact to CHALLENGE for the BEST, most enjoyable contest in Duelmasters?

Oh, and to get themselves PUNKED in the spotlights and ads... <grin>

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Err, is there any restriction on new teams vs. preexisting teams?
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Err, is there any restriction on new teams vs. preexisting teams?

No. And we've tried to make the rules pretty even for new vs. existing team. No special points for DM or stylemasters or anything like that. I actually think that there's an advantage to being lower in the rankings because you have more open space for up-challenges and getting challenges through instead of being crammed up at the top where your challenges are limited.

I'd suggest getting at least one tourney under your belt and getting yourself on the rankings, if possible, before it starts so that you can challenge turn 1.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
Just think, you could be the next Pinky & the Brain pairing (a la Creepster & Manager

Just wanted to clarify for all that did not quite understand Nuln's words that The Creepster was "the Brain" part of this duo. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Just think, you could be the next Pinky & the Brain pairing (a la Creepster & Manager

Just wanted to clarify for all that did not quite understand Nuln's words that The Creepster was "the Brain" part of this duo. Wink

I'm sure as soon as Manager analyzes, confirms, sorts, and then organizes his response to this statement, we'll happen to see who is really "the Brain." Shocked Laughing Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
nuln wrote:

The Bloody Swords. Of course, Mannequin would qualify for that name all on his own! Very Happy A good STRONG Delarquan team name!

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:

_Indimar_ wrote:
I would have Pauly come up with a clever name for our team, but that would probably take him untill next TOGS. Wink

You know, if it's gonna cause such an aneurysm you could just name yourselves Team 4. Smile But not both of you, that would be confusing.

Now that I think of it I'm sure Manager must have known this would happen, and it's all part of his master plan to use up your attention and energy pre-TOGS that you could have used to prep your TOGS team. You're good Manager, you're pretty good. Laughing

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:

I left it intentionally open to interpretatin. Laughing

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just hope I can avoid the dreaded pink pantaloons this time around. Embarassed

Indimar

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:
I just hope I can avoid the dreaded pink pantaloons this time around. Embarassed

Indimar

Well, a good start would be to quit wearing them.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic