New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Announcement and Reminder
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a reminder since a lot of people at the face asked, TOGS starts turn 436, which runs Feb 21st. Assuming the mailin tournament runs on the 12th/13th, that will mean 4 turns of TOGS before the mailer runs. Something to consider.

And the announcement: we have generously been provided an additional TOGS prize by a benevelont donor. NAIMT, or Suzie as you may know her, has offered an hour massage to each manager that wins the TOGS. I don't think I need say more. Let the games begin! Smile

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
Just a reminder since a lot of people at the face asked, TOGS starts turn 436, which runs Feb 21st. Assuming the mailin tournament runs on the 12th/13th, that will mean 4 turns of TOGS before the mailer runs. Something to consider.

And the announcement: we have generously been provided an additional TOGS prize by a benevelont donor. NAIMT, or Suzie as you may know her, has offered an hour massage to each manager that wins the TOGS. I don't think I need say more. Let the games begin! Smile

Will Managerr be allowed to participate if he can't/doesn't fight back?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:

Umm, Mr. Chaos Lord, I'm a little confused. Isn't the Mail-In in APRIL? If that is the case and the tourney is run April 12/13, wouldn't the first turn be turn 440? (Due Apr 24th).

Oh, and please remember to update my team. I'm running Fruit of the Loom. (Bikini Bottom resides in 82 these days)

Mannequin
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TOGS starts in February, the mail-in takes place in April. If the timing is right you should have 4 turns of TOGS happening before the mail-in.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
TOGS starts in February, the mail-in takes place in April. If the timing is right you should have 4 turns of TOGS happening before the mail-in.

Gotcha. I had to re-read Nuln's post and compare it to a calendar. Damn, if I can't even read his postings correctly how will I ever manage to read his spotlights?
TigToad
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What do I need to do to enter me and my team?

Who do I pay the roll up fee to? Do I need to make an announcement in the newsletter ahead of time wit hteam name, etc?
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TigToad wrote:
What do I need to do to enter me and my team?

Who do I pay the roll up fee to? Do I need to make an announcement in the newsletter ahead of time wit hteam name, etc?

You just need to find a partner if you haven't already. No newsletter announcements are necessary, though you'll have to tell me what your team name is at some point before the contest starts so it can be posted. The fee can be diplo'd to yours truly or mailed to me at :

115 Moss Ave. #201
Oakland, CA 94611

I would also advise reading the TOGS VI rules if you haven't yet as it's pretty thorough.

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:

This is next turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This came up fast. Make sure and get your certs in, team names, spots written and your team on maintenace.

Best of luck to all of you!!! Well maybe not Manager Wink

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have all been warned, and warned, and warned - and now we are HERE!

There is absolutely no reason for any or all of us to allow those SNEAKS - Death Stud and Soultaker Crying or Very sad Mad - The Master Colluders Cool Cool - to make it three in a row.

DOWN WITH EVIL

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Should we send our spots to Sue in advance again? I just sent mine to HAL.
Pauly
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4 turns before the april mailer? Thats good news for both my 1 fe warriors. Except not really.

nuln wrote:

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

to be safe send to HAL, Sue, and Nuln that way if there is a mess up with RSI we have record of it.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Spots? We have to submit spots?

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Managerr wrote:

to be safe send to HAL, Sue, and Nuln that way if there is a mess up with RSI we have record of it.

What is the Sue e mail?
Please? (Begging the two-turn in a row champion) Rolling Eyes

Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently, the email I previously listed isn't right.

This is from her all arenas ad:

2 February 2008
ATTENTION EVERYONE -- In March I am going to do manager lists for all arenas. This
is part of my ongoing and undoubtedly largely futile attempt to get my lists
organized. If you think I might not know who you are or if you think I might and
you'd rather I not share that information, let me know this month! You can e-mail
me at Sue at solberg dash mathews dot com (replacing the at, dash and dot with
appropriate characters. You can send a diplo to The Saint. You can put an ad in
the newsletter. Semaphore doesn't work so well, nor does telepathy. -- The Saint,
keeper of lists

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic