New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NonTOGS Teams
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know who runs Rush Reborn? He challenged one of my guys and he's a non-TOGS team.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both RUSH REBORN and CELTIC PRIDE challenged TOGS warriors this turn. I'll try to find out who the managers are and reach out them.

If they're unfamiliar with the format, it may have just been that they didn't know it was an impact. I did make a point in the newsletter this turn to ask for the consideration of the non-TOGS teams.

If it turns out that they're aware of the contest and just trying to be painful, then we'll tackle that as it comes up.

Until then, as Nuln references in the TOGS rules, everyone ought to be aware of these two teams and use their avoids accordingly.

Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, as long as there isn't a collusion against Punk in Drublic Twisted Evil
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, thought this was gonna be topic covering the running of two teams in 60 by one of the TOGs managers, and their points for this turn not counting due to breaking the rules.

TOGS judges, can we get a ruling on this one?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
Oh, thought this was gonna be topic covering the running of two teams in 60 by one of the TOGs managers, and their points for this turn not counting due to breaking the rules.

If someone is running another team at the same time, they should not only be penalized, but gone!
(THAT'S OVER-COLLUSION!)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
pipthetroll wrote:

If someone is running another team at the same time, they should not only be penalized, but gone!
(THAT'S OVER-COLLUSION!)

6/ 6 DEATH STUDS VII (301) 510 407 20 55.6
13/14 DEATH STUDS XII (602) 42 42 5 50.0
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
pipthetroll wrote:

(THAT'S OVER-COLLUSION!)

6/ 6 DEATH STUDS VII (301) 510 407 20 55.6
13/14 DEATH STUDS XII (602) 42 42 5 50.0

Wow, put that under stickied, but not read, the rules. That should be an instant DQ, IMO.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as no challenges were posted I say inflict a reasonable (token) penalty and move on.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:
As long as no challenges were posted I say inflict a reasonable (token) penalty and move on.

Spoken like a FONZite! The issue, though probably unintentional, is really quite serious.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow and the controversy starts on turn#1. That's at least 4 turns earlier then I thought it would! Razz

Scott
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Every other contest I've seen has taken hard stances. Is it accidental? Who knows, but when will someone else say something like this is "accidental?" It is a very serious thing that I feel chips away at the integrity of the contest.

I don't doubt that this is a accident from Sentinel, let me clear that up. This is a serious problem though.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I've read through the newsletter twice and didn't catch that. This is like New England being caught cheating against the lowly Jets! Even if THREEPEAT wins, there'll be a * next to the win now!

Quote:
As long as no challenges were posted I say inflict a reasonable (token) penalty and move on

The issue to me is how to compensate all of the warriors that were defeated by the team running fairly to everyone.

My opinion:

- Death Stud called/emailed into RSI and they did not pull the team from maintenance. (Small or no penalty, RSI's fault, just compensate the victims)
- Death Stud forgot the team was on maintenance (Severe penalty)
- Death Stud actually submitted strategies for that team. (immediate explusion)
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since i am the teammate of Death Stud and an official of the contest my responce is only to add information. I was out of town and I know Travis contacted Sandy to make sure my team and his was put on maintenance. It seems Sandy put the wrong team of Travis's on maintenance. I do see this as a serious issue to the integrity so I have no problem DQ'ing if that is the feeling of the masses.

Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Every other contest I've seen has taken hard stances. Is it accidental? Who knows, but when will someone else say something like this is "accidental?" It is a very serious thing that I feel chips away at the integrity of the contest.

Just to add my two cents. I have seen many contest where rules were broken and there was little to no stance. I know in 66 there was a couple teams that did not kill off their teams and it was considered a RSI problem. I can bring up a few others but they are running in this contest.

I don't doubt that this is a accident from Sentinel, let me clear that up. This is a serious problem though.

Anti-
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I pretty much agree with Manager here, lets see what the circumstance was before addressing a penalty.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic