New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NonTOGS Teams
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Wow, I've read through the newsletter twice and didn't catch that. This is like New England being caught cheating against the lowly Jets! Even if THREEPEAT wins, there'll be a * next to the win now!

Sad to say you a right about this. Although there was no challenges from the mis-rum team and the effect is so very minot there will always be those that say they lost because of this. lol

Quote:
As long as no challenges were posted I say inflict a reasonable (token) penalty and move on

The issue to me is how to compensate all of the warriors that were defeated by the team running fairly to everyone.

My opinion:

- Death Stud called/emailed into RSI and they did not pull the team from maintenance. (Small or no penalty, RSI's fault, just compensate the victims)
- Death Stud forgot the team was on maintenance (Severe penalty)
- Death Stud actually submitted strategies for that team. (immediate explusion)

pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Affected Warriors/owner
Razor XXV beat chondromalacia (soultaker)
Enigma XXV beat Gazrek (rillion)
Black widow XLIII beat MonkeyPaw (Street Legal)
Death Stud beat Busted Nuts (Pip)

Considering in his spot it was outlined which multiple teams couldn't be run(including his own), and RSI's previous track record of managing maintenance, I would have to guess that this was an error on RSI's part.

DQ is a little over the top for what is most likely an RSI error, no? Plus I thought togs was all about making fun of souly...hard to do if he aint here.

Giving points to the affected warriors would give points to his team as well.

Consider also that the warriors affected already didn't get their challenges through, I think you are gonna be left with: "If team TWOANDAHALFPEAT wins, there will always be the *"

Plus this isnt nearly as bad as a certain players alliance-mate repeatedly TV challenging into the contest (see togs IV)-- and nothing was done on that one.
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Soultaker69 wrote:
Just to add my two cents. I have seen many contest where rules were broken and there was little to no stance. I know in 66 there was a couple teams that did not kill off their teams and it was considered a RSI problem. I can bring up a few others but they are running in this contest.

I guess I understand that thought, but most of those contest are not to the standards of TOGS IMO. I think I'll stay out of it from here and observe from afar. Whatever goes on is between the contest participants and the MC.

If it was a DQ then it would suck for you, being how Seraphim would have to re-write his storylines to keep TOGS relevant. I don't know how you'd live without seeing what was to be written by your protege. Twisted Evil

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is not so simple as just giving points to those who fought him. All in the event were impacted by this - not just those that fought him. Everything is interactive. Nothing will be considered fair to all. That is what is so difficult about this.

On the other hand, especially since it is an "inadvertant"act - not aggressive - it would not be the same event without The Stud.

Our recommendation is not to award anyone points, but to score all Stud's as a zero for the round.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have to say as an official that it should be handled just as it is handled at a tourney. If and if it was an Input (RSI error) then those that lost would be given a win. So I would say any that lost to the improper team that ran would be awarded a random win and 4 points. This being said without conferring with the almighty Nuln and also without a reponse from Death Stud condidering they are on west coast time.

Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
This is not so simple as just giving points to those who fought him. All in the event were impacted by this - not just those that fought him. Everything is interactive. Nothing will be considered fair to all. That is what is so difficult about this.

On the other hand, especially since it is an "inadvertant"act - not aggressive - it would not be the same event without The Stud.

Our recommendation is not to award anyone points, but to score all Stud's as a zero for the round.

this is my opinion and not one as an offical. I believe that any action taken as a punishment clearly indicates that the act was intentional. The mistaken team was no different then RSI's team that is on maintenace as far as points impact. To play the "small pebble in the pool" theory is very extreme.

Pauly
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it's 100% an accident. We probably should look to see if anyones team was impacted by this and as a whole we can decide if we should award points to other teams and/or subtract points from Travs. I don't think there is any reason whatsoever to DQ them. I don't know Travis half as well as most of you guys, but I know enough to know this was an accident. It kind of surprises me that anyone's even entertaining the fact that he might be trying to cheat. Anyways, thats all I have to say.

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, like five more posts popped on while I was writing.
Anyways, um, it sounds like you guys are already saying that THREEPEAT is gonna win with all this * talk. We really shouldn't worry about this too much, cause in the end, it's just gonna be a funny little footnote in the surprise dominating TOGS VI victory of The Paulson Army of Champions.
How do ya like them apples?

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are only one turn in, why not just start over next turn with this turns spots fulfilling that requirement. Just a thought.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:
We are only one turn in, why not just start over next turn with this turns spots fulfilling that requirement. Just a thought.
I'll go on the record being totally against that. Asking Hombre to carry me for 13 turns is too much. The way it stands, he has only 12 more to go. I hope he has a good Chiropractor.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
We really shouldn't worry about this too much, cause in the end, it's just gonna be a funny little footnote in the surprise dominating TOGS VI victory of The Paulson Army of Champions.

Aren't you like the only FONZ team not in the top 5? I'm surprised they haven't disowned you guys yet. (And no, Anti's team doesn't count anymore than Shaman's team counted last TOGS)
Pauly
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
We really shouldn't worry about this too much, cause in the end, it's just gonna be a funny little footnote in the surprise dominating TOGS VI victory of The Paulson Army of Champions.

Aren't you like the only FONZ team not in the top 5? I'm surprised they haven't disowned you guys yet. (And no, Anti's team doesn't count anymore than Shaman's team counted last TOGS)

Looking at the results, we're tied for sixth. That's near top 5. Damn near. I like to call it striking distance. Then once we crack the top five we're in, what, of first place? You got it. Striking distance. That's my whole strategy. Stay in striking distance. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You'd think the TOGS I champ would know that.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Looking at the results, we're tied for sixth. That's near top 5. Damn near. I like to call it striking distance. Then once we crack the top five we're in, what, of first place? You got it. Striking distance. That's my whole strategy. Stay in striking distance. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You'd think the TOGS I champ would know that.

As the first TOGS Champion, I also know that no TOGS team not in the Top 3 after the first turn has ever gone on to win a TOGS Championship...
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, imagine my surprise when I saw the newsletter. First of all, I would hope that it's patently obvious to everyone that I obviously didn't run this team on purpose or try to interfere with the TOGS. I intended to point it out this morning to put in a "mea culpa," but honestly don't see it as any big issue as it was an accident, no challenges were made, and the impact was non-existent or negligible.

What happened is that I emailed RSI this week to put my team on maintenance to ensure that I didn't miss any turns during TOGS and the wrong team was put on maintenance (subsequently fixed). No challenges, avoids, or strategies were submitted for this team.

I'll give you my take on this as a contestant and observer as any official capacity I may have needs to be put aside.
-- Ensure that the issue gets resolved to ensure the team does not run again
-- It was an accident
-- No challenges were issued to interfere with the TOGS
-- The affected warriors already didn't get their challenges through, so this is just like a random with any other non-TOGS warrior.
-- At the farthest stretch of an impact, I could see trying to make the case that somehow that the affected warriors may have won if they didn't fight the devastating Death Studs and wanting to assign 4 points as if they'd won the fight.

It makes the most sense to me to leave things as is, but if people want the affected fighters to be issued 4 points and Nuln decides that is the right thing to do, I don't have any issue with that although it seems unnecessary.

For what it's worth, that's my unbiased take and exactly how I would feel in an accidental case like this regardless of who it was.

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well my random match up with your guy was a really crappy random for my guy, so without your guy in there I would have had better odds of winning since your warriors pretty much own mine.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic