New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NonTOGS Teams
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poppycock, you will do no such thing as resign. You know its a favorite past time to pick on the Fonz. Your resignation is not accepted by Lurocian Demons either, so unbunch your panties and get back out on the sands Smile If any one has a problem with you guys then they can take it out on you on the sands...which I encourage everyone to ignore our pathetic team and totally go after all Fonz teams for this malicious subterfuge Smile
TGG
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If somebody is going to hold an RSI error against you, I'd rather have you stick around and them leave. Besides, pulling out of contests/arenas over politics makes managers look more petty than those who drove them to do it. This thread alone is pretty embarassing/frustrating and in retrospect I wish I hadn't added to it, but I just think it's lame for a good manager who is passionate about TOGS to pull out of the game's most popular arena contest (sorry Elphantitis/Dumbofest Wink ) over a clerical error.

SwineTiger
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell, I'm not even playing, and it'd be sh*tty if you quit dude. Stick it out, and whip their ass. That's the best way to shut them up. But don't quit because someone got sideways over something as crappy as this.

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
Pauly
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope it goes without saying that nobody better give Nuln any crap with whatever he decides. If you do I'll personally hunt you down and do something really mean. Say for example you have a dirty car, I'll write "WASH ME" on the rear window in really big capital letters. Then you'll get all embarassed and have to actually wash it. Or I could just go with the old standard: flaming bag of dog doo on the front porch. Anyways, I think you all get the picture.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally like rolling the person's yard, sticking frozen hot dogs in the yard, and writing nasty things in their yard with rock salt. Cool

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
I personally like rolling the person's yard, sticking frozen hot dogs in the yard, and writing nasty things in their yard with rock salt. Cool

I knew it was you.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, Soultaker....umm.. no, we don't accept any type of resignation either.

Also, I'm with Pauly on the whole Commish decision thingy. My course of action will be to enlist the writing services of an alcoholic TOGS manager (I know so many to choose from) for a good drunken email tongue lashing.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also forgot to add that you and Sentinel are in many of my spotlights, and I'm not rewriting them!

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just cancel this one. Declare Killer Wedgies and Punk in Drublic the co-winners.

Restart TOGS VII after the Mailer.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I echo my teammates comments. No resigning and we will support whatever decision Nuln makes.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Just cancel this one. Declare Killer Wedgies and Punk in Drublic the co-winners.

Umm...I don't think I can keep track of all that. I barely made it to this one, restarting it is going to kill participation.
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

As much as I'd like to win TOGS, I don't want to win like that. The show must go on.
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What's lame about all this, is that certain people made a big deal out of what was a blatantly careless error that resulted in a rule infraction, which essentially had little impact on the contest. Yes yes yes, I understand that if his team hadn't run, then x, y & z could have happened, and the course of the future would have been irrevocably changed. But the fact is that no challenges were issued, and they were thrown in the matchup pool with the rest of them. That being said, I'm going to rule that each of the 4 losers be awarded the full 7 pts as if they had matched up and beaten a TOGS opponent, the best of possible circumstances. And yes, that includes Craig's team. And if anyone accuses me of showing FONZ favoritism aka colluding, maybe you'd like to remember back 2-3 TOGS ago, when Craig sent his spot in on time but neglected to cc me and I ruled against him. Oh, and Pauly will mess with your windshield too.

Craig, Trav, if you two drop out because of this I wouldn't bail, but I would seriously lose interest in this contest. While I understand your reasons completely, I just think it's wrong to DQ yourselves over what a paranoid few have done to put a false spin campaign on what is a non-issue. Screw what they say, come back, please.

I'd also just like to mention that the whole point of TOGS is to have FUN, which is precisely why there is no glorious prize for the winners.

Oh no, it's the taint of TOGS!!! I can see it in all the spotlights now !!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wha, wha, what? There's some sort of controversy? Sorry, I hadn't noticed. I was too busy carrying around my ass that was handed to me on turn 1.

P.S. Don't quit you two, keep the contest rolling. It was an honest mistake, imho.
P.S.S. (or is that P.P.S?) Umm... ehhh... watch for the greatest turn around ever of a TOGS competion as I and Anti come from nowhere to win TOGS VI!!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Come on, Dwayne The Dog, be real. Cool
That would only add massive fuel to the fire, and quite a discouragement to some. Shocked
If that was said in jest, then we will add our chuckle to the pot, with the understanding that you were really saying, "let's get this over and all past it and on with TOGS" Idea

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic