New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Andorak: Andorian? Or only in name?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Although Andorak is the Andorian regional AD arena, is it truly Andorian in flavor? What are your thoughts? Does the fact that killing becomes virtually pointless in AD, and a general apathy towards downchallengers, make it futile to classify it as 'Andorian'? Is there reason to carry on the nerf friendly, purple pansy picking traditions that I love to support in Aruak once in AD?

<note my purple avatar! Mmm...Purple...>

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you think think there's apathy towards downchallenging in 105, you haven't been paying attention. Just because it's quiet doesn't mean no one cares, it just means all the various debates have been hashed out already. Have you gotten any challenges from me during the past year? Probably not, and that's because you don't downchallenge.
SOLofTheFirm
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well i did receive a tv challenge from you in 100(no regional affiliation) where you up challenged 1 whole point.....
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Soultaker
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You haven't seen any from me either

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
well i did receive a tv challenge from you in 100(no regional affiliation) where you up challenged 1 whole point.....

I might have been scouting your Freshmen. I don't remember....
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I should downchallenge some more Smile

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally, I don't get what all the hub-bub is about with down challenges and killing.

For one, if your warrior gets killed off it's like strengthening the arena and your team. One less weak link out there holding everyone else back. Heck, you probably didn't want to pump too much cash into this roll-up if it was going to just break your heart anyway - right?

I generally don't down challenge all that much. Now and again, but normally I like to challenge up as high as I can... some might call it suicide, but I prefer to think of it as accelerating my learning curve. Razz

So someone down challenges. Big deal. Just let em play their game and I'll play mine. In the end when your near the top it all pans out. You can beat me now.. or beat me later baby. Cool
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't know if you were around a few months back, or not, but this issue exploded into an invasion of Aruak City with both Defenders and invaders of the "Andorian creed" coming from miles around to defend their stance. It has died down mostly, but there are a few invaders still amongst us.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
So someone down challenges. Big deal. Just let em play their game and I'll play mine. In the end when your near the top it all pans out. You can beat me now.. or beat me later baby.

How about you go play your game in an arena with a similar mindset? I have no problem with you downchallenging if you play that way, but try to be polite and not do it when the arena community generally does not want to play the same way you do.
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
So someone down challenges. Big deal. Just let em play their game and I'll play mine. In the end when your near the top it all pans out. You can beat me now.. or beat me later baby.

How about you go play your game in an arena with a similar mindset? I have no problem with you downchallenging if you play that way, but try to be polite and not do it when the arena community generally does not want to play the same way you do.

I apologize, but after careful checking, I see that there were no rules in my setup packet or the cute little red book on how to play in "particular" arenas. Laughing

So, until someone ends up fronting me my $10.75, I play my way and laugh while they !$#! about it. Razz

Not that anyone really complains about me anyhow... Cool
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Don't know if you were around a few months back, or not, but this issue exploded into an invasion of Aruak City with both Defenders and invaders of the "Andorian creed" coming from miles around to defend their stance. It has died down mostly, but there are a few invaders still amongst us.

I wasn't here for that confrontation but do remember hearing about it since then. Heck, when I was playing 8-9 years ago ppl were crying big fat tears about it too. I always figured that if it were THAT important, then RSI would have hard-coded arenas to disallow it. Doesn't appear to me that is the case.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I apologize, but after careful checking, I see that there were no rules in my setup packet or the cute little red book on how to play in "particular" arenas.

So, until someone ends up fronting me my $10.75, I play my way and laugh while they !$#! about it.

Not that anyone really complains about me anyhow...

There are a lot of things in your setup packet that aren't in the rules. That's one of the reasons why they implemented DM 93 so that managers would be able to choose the arenas they play the best.

Too bad I wasn't in your arena. If a new player was nice about it and said they moved into the arena by accident, I would be more than willing to give them enough roll-ups so that they could be competitive in any arena than their choosing, almost all of which would probably be better than their existing teams. It certainly beats them getting beaten down, humiliated and then quitting like what always seems to happen.
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
There are a lot of things in your setup packet that aren't in the rules. That's one of the reasons why they implemented DM 93 so that managers would be able to choose the arenas they play the best.

Too bad I wasn't in your arena. If a new player was nice about it and said they moved into the arena by accident, I would be more than willing to give them enough roll-ups so that they could be competitive in any arena than their choosing, almost all of which would probably be better than their existing teams. It certainly beats them getting beaten down, humiliated and then quitting like what always seems to happen.

You can always stop by and visit us in 22, 54 or 28. I actually play in 3 different affiliated arenas. All of which I'm fond of for different reasons. But I clearly am not in need of sympathy roll-ups. And as for the regular beatdowns, they are a part of the learning process and I'm pretty resilient to boot (despite the buttkicking I'm taking in 36 Laughing ).

I'm mostly just stirring the pot and being argumentative. I think for the most part I try to just get along with everyone and generally follow the "unwritten code". I just find it funny that it is such a devisive issue.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As you can see by the number of players that have been run out of DM 11 and not returned, not everyone is so resilient. You learn faster when in cooperation with others than you will in a solo effor by yourself.

If I wanted to play in a Delarquan arena, I would, but that style of play doesn't appeal to me so I mostly stay out of them. That's the point. Why are you so surprised that people get divisive when you are intentionally trying to stir the pot? Isn't that the point?
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i can remember when i first started about a year and a half ago i got my but kicked every turn, the only warrior that won any was my 21 con, 21 will tp, i still get the crap beat out of me sometimes but i love this game and i am glad i hung in there. but i am still going to side with most of the delarqs on this one if you want to be bad guy and kill in an andorian arena then that should be that. if you dont mind me saying, Manager, from what i hear you are one of the best playing the game, if you have a problem with them, do something about it. instead of threading this never ending topic, say, "okay, come in my arena, play the way you want, so will i," make it interesting. i personally think that it would draw in more players, and hell it might keep new players in the game. as for me the only reason i went into 11(which i am currently not running in) was because i was told i wouldnt run the way i want too, and yes i killed 5 warriors in 5 turns, thats just part of the game, and thats what i like about it you dont have to follow the crowd, so i am going to do what i want to do with the money i spend on the game, and i suggest that all you newbies that are tuning in do the same, dont let anyone tell you how you should run in certian arenas, they may hate you for it and kill all your warriors, but hey you get free replacements... anyways i am through rambling.......for now.........youngblood
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic