New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Andorak: Andorian? Or only in name?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That was exactly the Andorian's point. Play like you want but when we all play as we want, and enforce our chosen rules, don't go crying to anyone about how you got ganged up on. That's how we choose to play, "watching each other's backs.

In 11 and 40 I play it strict Andorian. 89 wins in Zensu and the only kill I have is from a SL who graduated and killed in the Dark Arena. And I've only run one defensive in that arena. Meet me in 24 or 14 and there's a good chance I may look to make your head roll, these arenas do not collectively request non-kill strategies so I play the way I did when I first started in turn 20 of arena 14 (back in '85/'86).

We're not saying you can't play your way in these arenas, we're just saying if you play this way expect that we will play "our" way and look to force you out. It never ceases to amaze me the people who say "don't tell me how to play" in one breath and in the next say "you shouldn't do this". Well that's my diatribe, as I hear the pot calling the kettle black I take my leave for tonight!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uh, I do do things about it. When people downchallenge in my arenas, I go after them. (If they are do it intentionally) Not to mention I go out of my way to humiliate Delarquans whenever I can. (See: My two Kill Crowns; The current Battle Royale Standings in Talcama, etc.)
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

like i said, manager, one of the best. i am not angered by this whole thing, i mean you can tell me all day long how to play, but that doent mean that i will do it, and i dont even consider myself a delarquin(i think that i spelled that right). and i also understand why people get mad, but i find it hard to think that none of you seen this coming in the future, i knew it would happen. well opinions are like pie holes, everyone has one. thats it for me on this one, cya.....jason/youngblood
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not telling you how to play. If you do X, then I'm doing Y. What you do after that is your choice. It's the Delarquans who force people to play their way. The Andorian style is naturally compatible with any arena, the Delarquan style is not.
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

youngblood wrote:
instead of threading this never ending topic, say, "okay, come in my arena, play the way you want, so will i," make it interesting. i personally think that it would draw in more players, and hell it might keep new players in the game. as for me the only reason i went into 11(which i am currently not running in) was because i was told i wouldnt run the way i want too, and yes i killed 5 warriors in 5 turns, thats just part of the game, and thats what i like about it you dont have to follow the crowd, so i am going to do what i want to do with the money i spend on the game, and i suggest that all you newbies that are tuning in do the same, dont let anyone tell you how you should run in certian arenas, they may hate you for it and kill all your warriors, but hey you get free replacements... anyways i am through rambling.......for now.........youngblood

Specifically I picked this out of many of the 'larq responses for a reason. And I am sure, like before it will fall on deaf ears. No disrespect intended.. I am picking on the response mode not the individual. It is a good generality.

There is the unwritten rule.. 3 arena styles.. Andorian is the supposed wussy style. And for whatever reason it grates on the larq and many freebladers. No matter what style of play you have there should be a level of respect for play style. there is more than adequate room for each style. I have heard on more than one occassion how each group feels it is the best. I have seen on more than one occassion the need of the killer contingency state they cannot be stopped from filling out thier turn sheets the way they want.. Well DUH!!! That is not even the point. The point is respecting another persons wishes. in areas set up for that purpose. Of course it would be counter productive for RSI to rule that only certain play styles be allowed fo certain arenas. That is for us as players to work out amongst ourselves.
Plain and simple .. if you don't have play respect for others you deserve none in return... toot your own horn on how great a player you are but on a personal level.. it is nothing more than than dribble out the corner of your mouth to me.. If you cannot win with any play style, you have no business calling yourself good. Manager is a case in point.. demands, commands and proves his respect.. gives as he gets without crossing the line unduefully.
Additionally, Play as you want but when you cross the line and suddenly realize you have a major godling on your hands that you got for free? (free nothing) and that you are going to have to spend years just getting it out of the dead tourney.. dont let it be said you never had a chance. Wasted effort because you chose to play the penile pointy thing.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
It's the Delarquans who force people to play their way. The Andorian style is naturally compatible with any arena, the Delarquan style is not.

I think you have that backwards. I've never heard "If you don't start downchallenging, everyone here will gang up on you and run you off" or anything similar to it in any delarq arena, ever.

I have, many times read things similar to "If you keep downchallengin/trying to kill everyone here will gang up on you and run you out" several times, in several different andorian arenas.

Which sounds more like forcing you way of play onto others? I know many managers in delarq arenas who don't downchallenge/headhunt. They never seem to take any crap for it. How many DC/HH you know of peacfully cooexisting in andorian arenas? Probly have to be a small arena, somewhere where the andorians couldn't get their prefered 10 on 1 newbie who shouldn't be beating, let alone killing your guys, no matter how far he DC's, odds.

But I'm a freeblader, far above the petty whinings of the andorian/delarq debate. I'll only DC you if I like you.
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
Managerr wrote:
It's the Delarquans who force people to play their way. The Andorian style is naturally compatible with any arena, the Delarquan style is not.

I think you have that backwards. I've never heard "If you don't start downchallenging, everyone here will gang up on you and run you off" or anything similar to it in any delarq arena, ever.

I have, many times read things similar to "If you keep downchallengin/trying to kill everyone here will gang up on you and run you out" several times, in several different andorian arenas.

Which sounds more like forcing you way of play onto others? I know many managers in delarq arenas who don't downchallenge/headhunt. They never seem to take any crap for it. How many DC/HH you know of peacfully cooexisting in andorian arenas? Probly have to be a small arena, somewhere where the andorians couldn't get their prefered 10 on 1 newbie who shouldn't be beating, let alone killing your guys, no matter how far he DC's, odds.

But I'm a freeblader, far above the petty whinings of the andorian/delarq debate. I'll only DC you if I like you.

I gotta agree with you on this one...The "Larq" style is clearly more antagonistic, no matter which arena you frequent.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
think you have that backwards. I've never heard "If you don't start downchallenging, everyone here will gang up on you and run you off" or anything similar to it in any delarq arena, ever.

Because that's how it's supposed to be in *all* Delarquan arenas. New blood comes into Delarquan arenas, they get run off and never play again because they get downchallenge and killed over and over again. One of the reasons I sided with Andorians when I first started playing. One of the reasons that there have been slim to non new Delarquan megamanagers over the last several years. (And the one or two that developed tend to align with Andorian/Free Blade groups) The "Survival of the Fittest" philosophy of the Delarqs has truly worked.

Quote:

It depends on the player. If you started doing that, you would probably get a response, because it would most likely be premeditated for you. Even DM 11, which I've been reading for years, is nice to the newer players the first time, in every case that I remember (except one). If someone runs their mouth, of course they are going to get trashed. Just like if when Shark and the Ivory League used to go into Delarquan arenas and preach non-killing/non-downchallenging. They got what they deserved and so do these players.

Quote:
Which sounds more like forcing you way of play onto others? I know many managers in delarq arenas who don't downchallenge/headhunt.

And there are many Andorian arenas that don't care if you DC/Headhunt as well. There are Andorian managers who have no qualm downchallenging/killing. It's the person, not necessarily the region. There are exceptions to every rule.

Quote:
They never seem to take any crap for it. How many DC/HH you know of peacfully cooexisting in andorian arenas? Probly have to be a small arena, somewhere where the andorians couldn't get their prefered 10 on 1 newbie who shouldn't be beating, let alone killing your guys, no matter how far he DC's, odds.

Just as I have run in one or two "Delarquan" peaceful arenas in the past, there are several Andorian/Lirith Kai arenas where you could downchallenge and kill, and be ok. Arvident used to be one of these. So was the post-Ivory League Khalums. Simtakka used to be totally brutal. Any arena slowly develops it's own personality over time, it just depends on the people there. The regions are just general guidelines. The opposite is true as well. How many non-DC'ing/non-HH people are they in the Delarquan arenas? Not many. It comes down to the individual managers. If they are good/resilient enough, they'll play whereever they want and do whatever they want. If not, then they'll play where they feel most welcome. The only arenas that have different regional managers co-existing (somewhat) tend to be the power arenas in different regions. (Aradi, Talcama, etc.) The best players seek each other out in this arenas, and in general know that they can't force anyone out.
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woelfe wrote:
I apologize, but after careful checking, I see that there were no rules in my setup packet or the cute little red book on how to play in "particular" arenas. Laughing

So, until someone ends up fronting me my $10.75, I play my way and laugh while they !$#! about it. Razz

I have three words in response to that. READ MY SIGNATURE!

Evil or Very Mad

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
As you can see by the number of players that have been run out of DM 11 and not returned, not everyone is so resilient. You learn faster when in cooperation with others than you will in a solo effor by yourself.

If I wanted to play in a Delarquan arena, I would, but that style of play doesn't appeal to me so I mostly stay out of them. That's the point. Why are you so surprised that people get divisive when you are intentionally trying to stir the pot? Isn't that the point?

Well, I started this thread way back, and it seems to have regained a life of its own. Since then, I've had to drop out of dm11 for financial reasons. Felt I had to throw that out there. But yeah, even when I was barely running every other turn as my budget went down the toilet, the cooperative defenders were laying the smack down overall I would have to judge.

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

youngblood wrote:
i personally think that it would draw in more players, and hell it might keep new players in the game. as for me the only reason i went into 11(which i am currently not running in) was because i was told i wouldnt run the way i want too, and yes i killed 5 warriors in 5 turns, thats just part of the game, and thats what i like about it you dont have to follow the crowd, so i am going to do what i want to do with the money i spend on the game.

Same goes for you. READ MY SIGNATURE!

Evil or Very Mad

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
think you have that backwards. I've never heard "If you don't start downchallenging, everyone here will gang up on you and run you off" or anything similar to it in any delarq arena, ever.

Because that's how it's supposed to be in *all* Delarquan arenas. New blood comes into Delarquan arenas, they get run off and never play again because they get downchallenge and killed over and over again. One of the reasons I sided with Andorians when I first started playing. One of the reasons that there have been slim to non new Delarquan megamanagers over the last several years. (And the one or two that developed tend to align with Andorian/Free Blade groups) The "Survival of the Fittest" philosophy of the Delarqs has truly worked.

Quote:

It depends on the player. If you started doing that, you would probably get a response, because it would most likely be premeditated for you. Even DM 11, which I've been reading for years, is nice to the newer players the first time, in every case that I remember (except one). If someone runs their mouth, of course they are going to get trashed. Just like if when Shark and the Ivory League used to go into Delarquan arenas and preach non-killing/non-downchallenging. They got what they deserved and so do these players.

Quote:
Which sounds more like forcing you way of play onto others? I know many managers in delarq arenas who don't downchallenge/headhunt.

And there are many Andorian arenas that don't care if you DC/Headhunt as well. There are Andorian managers who have no qualm downchallenging/killing. It's the person, not necessarily the region. There are exceptions to every rule.

Quote:
They never seem to take any crap for it. How many DC/HH you know of peacfully cooexisting in andorian arenas? Probly have to be a small arena, somewhere where the andorians couldn't get their prefered 10 on 1 newbie who shouldn't be beating, let alone killing your guys, no matter how far he DC's, odds.

Just as I have run in one or two "Delarquan" peaceful arenas in the past, there are several Andorian/Lirith Kai arenas where you could downchallenge and kill, and be ok. Arvident used to be one of these. So was the post-Ivory League Khalums. Simtakka used to be totally brutal. Any arena slowly develops it's own personality over time, it just depends on the people there. The regions are just general guidelines. The opposite is true as well. How many non-DC'ing/non-HH people are they in the Delarquan arenas? Not many. It comes down to the individual managers. If they are good/resilient enough, they'll play whereever they want and do whatever they want. If not, then they'll play where they feel most welcome. The only arenas that have different regional managers co-existing (somewhat) tend to be the power arenas in different regions. (Aradi, Talcama, etc.) The best players seek each other out in this arenas, and in general know that they can't force anyone out.

I just love how your Superior Logic (New teeam name Dwayne?) always, in my opinion, crushes other people's arguments. You are much better than I. Or perhaps I am just too lazy to think too hard on the matter. I would probably just tell them to look at the tagline on my signature!

Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
Woelfe wrote:
I apologize, but after careful checking, I see that there were no rules in my setup packet or the cute little red book on how to play in "particular" arenas. Laughing

So, until someone ends up fronting me my $10.75, I play my way and laugh while they !$#! about it. Razz

Evil or Very Mad

Don't get your shorts in a knot there bub, I was just stirring the pot a bit. Razz
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Woelfe wrote:
Adie wrote:
Woelfe wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Don't get your shorts in a knot there bub, I was just stirring the pot a bit. Razz

I'm just using a bigger spoon! Very Happy

Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
Woelfe wrote:
Adie wrote:
Woelfe wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

I'm just using a bigger spoon! Very Happy
Razz

ROFL - I like that!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic