New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 30
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I figured I'd keep the old tradition going here. So from here on out, I'm going to start a post each turn, comment on turn and hope that others join in. If someone beats me to starting the post, even better. Hopefully the interest in this arena will remain with both old and new teams.

Usually I don't care, but being team on the move this time really rocked. I also noticed that my friends and I held 6 awards posts.

Once again I flaked on writing a spot and/or PAs. I'm calling out Pauly, Nuln and Indi for flaking as well. Come on guys, we need your flavor. I was glad to see Hombre call out Kellumbo. The ads should be interesting next turn. Will Kellumbo be the first team to 100 wins? If he does, will he get the props or do others feel similar to Hombre?

I know we've talked about this before, but damn I miss Vindictus' website. Anyone ever hear from that guy or know what happend to him? I wish I was smart enough to make a site like that. I have all the newsletters but is there anyone out there who's keeping historical data on Shadowspire? Swine how's that poll coming along?

Minor spoilers below:

Grats to Nuyen Nick and Krek on their invites.
Grats to Trip going 12-3-1.
Notable deaths include Powr Goreslinger, Genghis Tron and Indi's P/T, RIP.

Hey Swine, why should we Shadowspirers(correct?) support your all Basher arena when you're not supporting us, get your butt back here. Laughing

Last edited by Elephant on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya, Trons death was interesting. It was an input error on the weapon of James Worthy. Looked like a good one. Should have been running a SS and wound up using an SC. Granted, he's unsuited, but I'm going to try it again this turn. Did get four learns out of it to. So that must have added insult to inju...er....death.

SO...

In two turns back, I'm 5-4-2. Not too bad. Should have went 4-1-1 this turn, but my new scum got beat by a new guy from Muscle Cars. Guy got lucky too. He must do big time damage. Next turn should be looking pretty good for me. Smile Two potential bloodfueds, and some interesting challanges. I had forgotten how much I liked this arena. Smile

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hadn't noticed Tron's death . . . now who carries the mantel for most losses?

My personal outlook is a bit frustrated. Three straight turns of 2-3 is a quick way to run yourself out of the race to 100. It isn't over yet, but the Guild has now dug a deep hole.

Grats to the grads. That includes our Duelmaster who appears to have getten much more dangerous lately. I had my doubts that Hardrada would take him, but I had to try . . . the real bummer is that he fell out of the challenger champs.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
but my new scum got beat by a new guy from Muscle Cars. Guy got lucky too. He must do big time damage.
I haven't seen his overview yet but I sure could use some luck on damage.
Got lucky? Come on it's me we're talking about Laughing

Apex wrote:
I had forgotten how much I liked this arena. Smile
Welcome back. I really like this arena too. My goal of all my original guys to the Isle is gone. Time to start a new one.

Last edited by Elephant on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
I hadn't noticed Tron's death . . . now who carries the mantel for most losses?
CEDRIC IRONFIST 8 - 19 - 1
Cedric, stay alive and keep losing please. I have a warrior with 17 losses and don't want your title Very Happy
LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its really nice to see that our Elephant is back in full strength !

And, yes, Swinetiger, come back to our sand Wink
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Word on the street is that SwineTiger quit Shadowspire because he was scared! Wink Hopefully he mans up soon and comes back. We miss you SwineTiger.

I agree with the previous opinions. I absolutely love this arena. Great managers, solid competition, alot of active teams, and no sandbaggers! Doesn't get any better than that.

As to Kellumbo's Kids, he'll get no props from me. Anybody could achieve his record running a team with 3 scum and MASSIVE downchallenges each and every turn. He may get the record of first to 100, but I personally will put a Barry Bonds asteriks next to it! In my opinion, the true title comes down to Dragonbane Guild and Le Pentarchie. Should be a photo finish between those two!

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Terminator wrote:
As to Kellumbo's Kids, he'll get no props from me. Anybody could achieve his record running a team with 3 scum and MASSIVE downchallenges each and every turn. He may get the record of first to 100, but I personally will put a Barry Bonds asteriks next to it! In my opinion, the true title comes down to Dragonbane Guild and Le Pentarchie. Should be a photo finish between those two!

Bullcrap. That is nothing more than a bunch of whining, sniviling crybabies that are mewling about someone doing better than they are. Man the hell up! If you want to beat him do something about it. I haven't heard the other top teams that are close to 100 wins crying about downchallenges and running TP's.

Last time I looked this wasn't a wussy Andorian arena. I say take your hands, grab the side of your girl panties, pull them up and fight or shut up and quit sniviling about your superiors.

And another thing. If you think "anyone can do it" then give it a try. See how "easy" it is to win with TP's.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
See how "easy" it is to win with TP's.

You had me until here (well, not necessarily the tone I would use, but you know what I mean). It is easy to win with TPs, most especially good scum. The OTP finesse types take a little patience and work, but a majority of people do not run them just the scum...cause it is easy to win with them.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire-

I am not crying or sniviling. I merely said I won't give him any props or congratulations for hitting 100 first. Nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't care less about his tactics in the arena. If he's happy using them, more power to him. I'd expect a reaction like yours from Kellumbo himself. I am surprised to see it from you however. You seem pretty eager to defend him. I didn't know you two were so close. What's he your boyfriend or something? Chill out my friend and take a deep breath. You seem to have gotten your panties in a bunch over there.

As to this comment you made...."And another thing. If you think "anyone can do it" then give it a try. See how "easy" it is to win with TP's", I must respectfully disagree with you on this one. Running 3 scum TP's loaded up with armor and 2 shields running 1-1-1 P isn't difficult in my book. And for the record, will do extremely well in most instances.

Cheers

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)

Last edited by Terminator on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
TripwireDuel wrote:
See how "easy" it is to win with TP's.

You had me until here (well, not necessarily the tone I would use, but you know what I mean). It is easy to win with TPs, most especially good scum. The OTP finesse types take a little patience and work, but a majority of people do not run them just the scum...cause it is easy to win with them.

Agreed. It's a LOT easier to win fights when you have a triple-tremendous scum in APA running around.

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I come to the defense of my alliance mates. Thats what friends do. I wasn't specifically talking about you either. I was pretty much talking about Hombre's post in the personal ads. But take it as you want if you are whining about downchallenging then you can be included as well in my tirade.

I don't get it. So no one should run TP's because they get good records from them? So let me see if I get this argument straight. He runs 3 TP's, so he isn't as good as other managers because they don't run them? Thats your argument?

It has nothing to do with good management and challenges/avoids right? He just throws 1-1-1 P and hopes for the best. Thats your point right? Thats part of the game. If he is good at running good scum than so be it. That makes him less of a "good" manager than anyone else who runs a stable of strikers and lungers and just run 10-10-7? That makes his accomplishments "meaningless?" Give me a break.

I think people are just whining because he down challenges. Which is a pathetic argument. This isn't disneyland.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh, the love that comes with running scum, downchallening, and being top team. It is always amusing to me when nobodies try to take shots at me. Hombre and Terminator, I'll have to take a look and see which teams are yours, and go from there.

Say what you want about TP's, but realize how easy it is for them to lose to ABs. I have been most avoided team for over 20 turns in a row, so it is difficult for me to get my challenges through. You would think that all those ABs would be tacking losses on left and right. Hmm, ever wonder why that hasn't really happened? Of course not. It is easier to whine then try to figure out why someone is winning. If you think all I do is slap on max armor and shields, and run 1-1-1, you are both sadly mistaken.

As for not giving me credit for doing well in the arena, you are welcome to your opinion. I think my recent tourney success speaks for itself, and last I checked, there is no downchallenging there.

To me, the managers like Hombre and Terminator who complain and whine are simply fodder who throw their $10.75 at RSI every two weeks, while the people who really understand what happens in this game chew them up and spit them out. Keep avoiding me boys, but when you decide you want to tourney prep a few guys in 82, and I start to run a 10 kill desire instead of the normal lower numbers, you'll know why.

It really is too bad the people who play this game can't play within the boundaries of the rules, but instead have to whine and complain over virtual rules they have made up that they think everyone should follow. Don't run scum, don't DC, don't challenge guys with lesser FE. These are all part of the game. Because you choose to not use them, does not mean that I do. When RSI tells us it is against the rules to do those, I'll stop. Until then, put on your big girl panties and suck it up.

-Detective Kellumbo
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellumbo wrote:
Ahh, the love that comes with running scum, downchallening, and being top team. It is always amusing to me when nobodies try to take shots at me. Hombre and Terminator, I'll have to take a look and see which teams are yours, and go from there.

Say what you want about TP's, but realize how easy it is for them to lose to ABs. I have been most avoided team for over 20 turns in a row, so it is difficult for me to get my challenges through. You would think that all those ABs would be tacking losses on left and right. Hmm, ever wonder why that hasn't really happened? Of course not. It is easier to whine then try to figure out why someone is winning. If you think all I do is slap on max armor and shields, and run 1-1-1, you are both sadly mistaken.

As for not giving me credit for doing well in the arena, you are welcome to your opinion. I think my recent tourney success speaks for itself, and last I checked, there is no downchallenging there.

To me, the managers like Hombre and Terminator who complain and whine are simply fodder who throw their $10.75 at RSI every two weeks, while the people who really understand what happens in this game chew them up and spit them out. Keep avoiding me boys, but when you decide you want to tourney prep a few guys in 82, and I start to run a 10 kill desire instead of the normal lower numbers, you'll know why.

It really is too bad the people who play this game can't play within the boundaries of the rules, but instead have to whine and complain over virtual rules they have made up that they think everyone should follow. Don't run scum, don't DC, don't challenge guys with lesser FE. These are all part of the game. Because you choose to not use them, does not mean that I do. When RSI tells us it is against the rules to do those, I'll stop. Until then, put on your big girl panties and suck it up.

-Detective Kellumbo

It is an art form to runnng scum. Mainly because there are so few REALLY good scum RU's that come along. Personally, I have no issues with the running of scum, DCing, or anything else said. I guess because I'm a Delarq. None of that bothers me. But you have to admit, that when you have that uber-scum at the top of the ranks, wins are easier. Take a look at m team in 25. My DM is a great scum. He beat the DM this past turn, who was a scum. And I fully expect to see him get challanged again this turn by the same one. But the point is, NOBODY is gonna be getting near the throneunless an AB pops up and starts chewing them up. Until then, it's a blast to win, and it's fun to get all the free fights. It's all part of the game, it's just a lot easier when you have one. Smile

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
But you have to admit, that when you have that uber-scum at the top of the ranks, wins are easier.

Huh. I could have sworn all of his "scum" were Ch Adepts and lower.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum