New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Questions?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can figure out bonuses by going to terrablood. The warrior generator will tell ou what his base skills SHOULD be, and one of the entires on the site tells you what every wit statement should be.

Plugging this guy in, his starting skills should be:

Rip: 7
Ini: 6
Atk: 17 (Expert + 1)
Pry: 9
Def: 12
Dec: 9

He has the projected wit comments but then again, attack and defense couldn't get low enough to drop a category. We know he's not bonused in parry nor is he any worse there than -2.

Oh, 16 skills is expert, 20 is advanced expert.

So, compare how many skills he took to reach expert (make sure to count in any skills gained via stat trains!) vs what the numbers above said he should take, and the difference will be his bonus.

Example: Your warrior should have started with 12 defense skills. If he gained expert defense after learning a single skill, then he's +3. If, on the other hand, it took him 5 defense skills to make expert, then he's -1. That's what bonused or hosed means.

So overall, I'd say your guy didn't get screwed at all. He has normal endurance where there was a 12% chance of getting little, and the damage info for this ST/SZ combo is so small that the odds on terrablood mean nothing here - my experience says that at 5 ST/8 SZ, there is a strong chance of getting little damage.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
Seems like its the same old concernatron. They got skills but do they have flavor. Ah the days of smash mouth my warrior put a fire cracker under your warriors boots. Is the conspiratron still into DA da da till I get the right numbers? Ah the joy of seeing thier team records plumet and then abandoning the team. The love of seeing thier envolvement in the social aspects of the game. Criminny it will be so wonderous. Does the consortium even feild a team in the no touney arena. I would think not but I can be wrong. To see all the plethera of skills of the consortium put on an even ground with no prize added warriors. Envy? perhaps.

Sincerely and with respect to the consortium long may they fester
Purple Sage

We think you can be quite funny! Laughing
1. Of course we are in the no tourneyarena - the slow one DM83. (and maybe that WAS a maybe - we will be back to 81)
2. We seldom, seldom, seldom DA. Run em all we say.
3. Always, always write personals, and occasional columns
4. We have very few rize enhanced warriors. (We gave away too many potions.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sure I will be there awaiting your entrance into it. Not a threat. I am sure of that just I feel you will need to be there. The lure of having an opponent that you can dimonstrate the skills of the citronaturn upon will pull you as a moth to flame. The Cimeronlowatron will sneak peeks into what goes on in 81 till the over powering drive to show the true copernicusatron strength and dominance in even an arena where no padding of warriors will work.

The most humble Purple SAge, Little Whop, Sage and other names I am trying to remeber.
Used to be DM-29, 3, 40, 30, 4 and 10.
I have not finished looking thought I was in a few more.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
I am sure I will be there awaiting your entrance into it. Not a threat. I am sure of that just I feel you will need to be there. The lure of having an opponent that you can dimonstrate the skills of the citronaturn upon will pull you as a moth to flame. The Cimeronlowatron will sneak peeks into what goes on in 81 till the over powering drive to show the true copernicusatron strength and dominance in even an arena where no padding of warriors will work.

The most humble Purple SAge, Little Whop, Sage and other names I am trying to remeber.

So are your coming to or are you already in 81?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hint is giving out any free team roll-ups to returning players? Hmm I also need a theme and a team name. Its not as simple as sending in a random team. I would prefer to be above 50% from the git go. It sounds like a fun arena but I have a lot of clean up to do. At least a grand worth. It will take me time as I prioritize and decide who is truly retired. I want to fight my ADM guys however some of them suck.

Sioncerely Sage
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see andorian, freeblades and lirthkai group topic leads no darkholm? Any ideas why. I wanted to discuss OSKI but I wanted to do it in the right area since I mistakenly followed the lapur discusion in the general area instead of its respected feeder arena.

Sincerely Purple Sage
roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Purple Sage, It's great to have you back.......time has not been kind to me, I understand less of what you're saying than I did years ago. Laughing Crying or Very sad
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:

Sage - when were you in Kolact and with what team? I was there from '85-90 or so - any chance you were there back in the dark ages?
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
PurpleSage wrote:

Sage - when were you in Kolact and with what team? I was there from '85-90 or so - any chance you were there back in the dark ages?

I think I was in 90's but I will look it up. give me a day or so.

Purple Sage
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Purple Sage why don't you list some of your more prominent teams? I would like to see if I recognize any of them.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bLACK KELTS, RAINBOW COUNCIL, WE BIG WHOPUM (RUN BY LITTLE WHOP), AQUARIAN TAROT, CO-MANAGED YAMA BUSHI, BATTLE BLADES AND BIZZARE INK.

I think thats the main ones. If I forgot something I will dig it up. Visionist might give me some credit on some other co-managed teams.

Sincerely Purple Sage
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think 1 TC and like 5 TV's I may be off. I seem to think I have had two prizes over the years.

Sincerely Purple Sage
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tourney Questions.

Could soneone please enlighten me so I am not in the dark or misunderstanding the current nature of the game?

1.) People are holding warriors back from graduating them out of regular to fight in the very top of challengers by frezzing learns or stat raises so they can get as close to the top as possible. This causes a challengers tourney to be basicly a wash for any warrior in the regular arena.

2.) When these Sand Baggers do get sucked off to Ad they end up at the top of Freshman.

3.) This sandbaging style of play continues in ADM, Ellibles and Contendors.

4.) Aimed blows are the only styles winning the top end tourneys.

5.) Warriors with prizes added and/or awesome bonuses are the only ones winning top end tourney's.

6.) Tourney warriors pop into regular arean's around split time throwing highly skilled warriors into lower ranks then thier actual FE would place them. (Modified by many Tourney Teams moved to 82 and 84)

Thanks to any who can help me.

Sincerely Purple Sage
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

***My thoughts below***

Tourney Questions.

Could soneone please enlighten me so I am not in the dark or misunderstanding the current nature of the game?

1.) People are holding warriors back from graduating them out of regular to fight in the very top of challengers by frezzing learns or stat raises so they can get as close to the top as possible. This causes a challengers tourney to be basicly a wash for any warrior in the regular arena.

***I would say that yes, Challengers would be very difficult to win for a regular arena warrior. That said, most regular arena warriors graduate well before 30 FE, therefore unless they sandbag, they will not see the Challengers class unless they plan to.***

2.) When these Sand Baggers do get sucked off to Ad they end up at the top of Freshman.

***If the manager times it correctly then yes. However, these warriors are typically not good enough to deal with the good freshman scum. As an example, my good/good double 21 LU with about 160 skills who went to Freshman at last years ftf, and got creamed. Freshman is much more than just how many skills you have.***

***Yes, people sandbag, but if you are close to the Line for a class, then you are certainly able to do well. You don't have to sandbag to TV, but just like in basic where you wouldn't expect to TV Adepts at 15 FE, don't expect to TV the AD classes unless you are close to the top of the class.***

***I totally disagree with this. With careful planning, I think most warriors can win a top end tourney (non Primus that is).***

5.) Warriors with prizes added and/or awesome bonuses are the only ones winning top end tourney's.

***I disagree with this again, with the exception of Primus. Winning top end tournies is about patience and planning.***

6.) Tourney warriors pop into regular arean's around split time throwing highly skilled warriors into lower ranks then thier actual FE would place them. (Modified by many Tourney Teams moved to 82 and 84)

***Most of these tourney warriors are in 82 or 84. You will see a few in the regular arenas, but not too many.***

Sincerely Purple Sage

***-Kellumbo***
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
Tourney Questions.

Sincerely Purple Sage

The technical details I will leave for a true tourney manager. I am an arena manager. I enter a small squad in the mail-ins. But regular arenas is where I focus my money.

Yes, some managers focus on tourneys and certainly they do sandbag. However, in my expereince they really don't interupt regular arena life all that much. Most tourney managers only bring warriors in to time - which really only means 5-6 fights for the good ones before they hit challenges. Ok, maybe a few more. But since they jump points in the standings based on arena results they climb fairly quickly. I'm not saying I like facing a 5-0 tourney babey, but since they will almost certainly have less than 30 fe, they are certainly beatable.

A few keys:
1. Most managers seem to dump their tourney warriors in 82 and the other tournament dumping zones. (84?) This means that not many tourney warriors actually show up in the regular arenas.
2. The real sandbagging happens in challengers. That's 30+ Fe. This has two results. First, I don't bother entering arena warriors in this division. But really, so what? I lose one division to the tourney warriors and the truth is few of my arena guys would be there anyway. The good ones are gone by 30Fe. Second, once tourney sandbaggers hit challengers they won't fight in the arena. Period. They won't. Why would someone like Daydream Believer waste some of their FE in the arena? It will just cause them to graduate earlier. If you leave this division to the sandbaggers there is no real problem.

Daydream Believer is actually a good example of this. 5-0-1 was I believe the arena record - hardly a problem for arena warriors. And he fought in arena 82 so it didn't matter anyway. Where's the problem?

The impact on AD I am less certain about. Yes, unarmed AB dominate primus, but I think a few recent posts have made very good points about this. RSI might have alread "fixed' this - and we just haven't figured it out yet. Also, I suspect new things will come up. The problem with prizes is also real - those of us who don't focus on tournaments are unlikely to win prizes. But there is a lot of room for arena wins (and even tournament) wins before running into the Primus wall. How much space, well, I'll let others say.

Basically - although I asked the same question when I came back to the game, this arena manager doesn't see it as a big problem.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum