New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Tourney result related question - no spoiler
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got back my results from the tourney. I only sent 5 warriors and mostly got my butt kicked. Embarassed All the same, it was fun, and that is what counts. Right? Wink

I'm curious as to what some of the rest of you look for when reading through your fight results. I know that I can look for critical attacks and that may give me an indication of fave weapon. I also try to tell how well the warrior does with the OE/AL I give them.

Is there anything else? Anyone calculate hit vs miss?

Woelfe
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

25 views - zero replies.

Did I cross some line of post etiquette in my question?
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watch for tactics as well. Learns, learn rates, critical parries or dodges, thats about it. Ntohing much more to look for specifically. Hope for a good read. Smile

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Woelfe wrote:
25 views - zero replies.

Did I cross some line of post etiquette in my question?

Don't sweat it. Many managers just flip through and read, rarely posting. Others may not reply because they don't feel inspired too, or don't want to give any 'secrets' away.

Since I'm responding, I'll respond... I look for the same thing, fav weapon crits, crit dodges, crit everything pretty much, which tells you if you might be close to faves. What you can learn a lot of is what the other warrior is like, which can help in f-t-f if you perhaps match with them later. You can see how fast they are, their init, riposte, their weapon selection, etc... I often look for ways to fix weakness' in my strategies vs. other styles since in MI's you have an optional strat vs. other styles. If you keep getting riposted or disrespected, maybe you need to learn more init, or up your OE to hold onto it, etc.

And of course, a good fight.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a matter of "secrets", it's just a matter of not knowing how to respond because I don't know your current stage of development as a manager.

If I make the same assumption that Adie is making, that is you're in the "tourneys are still mostly educational" mode, then Adie's advice is sound. You will improve more as a manager than watching what your opponents are wearing/doing than by tracking the stats of your warriors.

Basically I want your goals. I can help you with your self-improvement goals, but not if I don't know what you want to improve. Different managers look for different things, I know what I look for tends to differ by class and by warrior.
MrTwister
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Watch how you do. What you do vs. each style. Then think about the stats of that individual. This game is over played over responsed, and requires some individual decisions. Learn best what works for you, and who cares about the majority.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MrTwister wrote:
Watch how you do. What you do vs. each style. Then think about the stats of that individual. This game is over played over responsed, and requires some individual decisions. Learn best what works for you, and who cares about the majority.
I agree with most of what was just said, however, I do disagree with the forget the majority statement. That is really not a good suggestion. While you should learn the game your own way, asking for advice from people that have been playing a lot longer than you is always helpful. Especially when some of their worst glads can beat your best. So get all the info you can from everyone, analyze it, and then come up with your own conclussions that will fit your needs. But don't just try and figure it out, it'll take a lot longer, and it'll be very frustrating without some initial help.
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Asking questions and getting honest responces from people like APEX and ICKY is the only reson I'm still around.This was my 1st tourney but I used to play many years ago, and I've recieved great advice, enough to keep me around. Infact... I've talked three other people into joining the game and feel comfortable enough to give them enough advice to get started on a "well educated" foot. I'm still not comfortable enough to give new players I don't know advice ( other than to listen to the VETS).

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
matrix
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep posting questions! You'll get anwsers!!

I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

CHAOS INC.
Woelfe
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to all for the responses!!

I've drawn some of my own conclusions as well. I more or less doomed 2 of my warriors based on their strategies I used for the tourney. Nothing beats good old fashioned experience. Smile

I just wanted to get an idea if there was more I could look for. I did have some good fights, it was good to be back in the game!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic