New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22125

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - BF and arena 81
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bierhoff
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK I had a warrior killed two turns ago. It was my very first turn and a random match up. I know their is no was in the world he could have planed this. I almost didn't BF at all. Figuring it would look bad if I let one of my wives die and not at least try to avenge her(truth be told she was not a very good cook anyways so no real lose. Other then the fact she was bonused in endurance and damage). My question is, in the spirit of arena 81, do I BF 3 more times take my 4 wins and walk away? Take my one win, possible make a new friend, and call it good? I'd still challenge that person's warriors, just not a BF on his warrior that killed me. Truth be told I'd like the possible wins but don't feel like that person was guilty of anything but having a bad match up and hitting her three times in a row in the head. Unless I'm breaking some big old arena 81 rule I think I'm going to walk away and call it good.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have the right to bloodfeud 4 times, it's your choice. You have to realize that the manager you BF against will remember you and may target you for revenge. I don't see BFing once with each warrior you have that can is a problem, they each lost a brother-in-arms, RSI may have picked 4 turns of BFing in the beginning for this reason; at least that sounds good. Bloodfeuding 4 times with the same warrior just to get the wins would not make me happy.

Last edited by DeepThought on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is entirely up to you. Yes, you can bloodfeud 4 times. Or you can be "honorable" and only do it once.

A few things to consider:
1. If you bf me 4x I will remember it.
2. If you don't bf me 4x I will remember it. I just had a guy die against one of Sherman's (Lit. Loons) in another arena. He bloodfeuds, but only once. I only hit him once in return.
3. Do you care what the other guy thinks of you?
4. They killed your guy - even if they didn't challenge - there are still ways I can make m guy more or less likely to kill.
5. By game rights you have every right to 4 bloodfeuds. Those are the rules. Period. I might complain, but those are the rules. You can use the duelmaster to bloodfeud a rookie. I would complain, but those are the rules. How Delarquan are you? There isn't anything "worng" with it - well maybe, it depends on who you ask.

An illustration - as already mentioned, I only bloodfeuded the Loons in arena 21 once - just as he only bloodfeuded Spirewolf in 81 once.

But this last turn Tripwire, one of the arena 81 self-proclaimed bad guys, did me a favor and killed my worst warrior. What do I do? Well, recently his alliance mate attempted to come after me 4 times in a BF. I strongly suspect Trip would BF 4x. So will I? I haven't decided yet. Will I use my most veteran warrior? Maybe. I want to read the fight first, but maybe. Sometimes I BF 4x, sometimes I don't.
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simple formula for me. If the team that killed my warrior has downchallenged me, made mocking comments in the personal ads towards me, bloodfeuded me multiple times, or challenged me repeatedly recently- then I go the full 4 turns in bloodfeuding.

If on the other hand, they have done none of the above, I will generally only bloodfeud 1 or 2 times.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
But this last turn Tripwire, one of the arena 81 self-proclaimed bad guys.

I have never proclaimed myself as anything.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As to the answer to the question. If it were on my challenge I probably wouldn't BF 4 turns unless I had a dislike for the manager. If it were on his challenge I more than likely would.
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
As to the answer to the question. If it were on my challenge I probably wouldn't BF 4 turns unless I had a dislike for the manager. If it were on his challenge I more than likely would.
Safe to say I'd probably be one of those who you'd BF 4 times? Very Happy

Still bummed I can't BF Grath. I probably wouldn't win but I have a few guys I know you'd teach very well.
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, those personals & team spotlights are interesting in 81. Almost looks like old realm duelmasters. Not sure if it is wise to pull Trip's tail too many times though, IMHO. Looks like good fun though. Hussah to 81.

On the BF issue, for me, if it is someone I don't like or has been a smart aleck to me or any of my friends or has multiple bloodfeuded or downchallenged me, then I will BF all four turns. Not necessarily going for the kill, just the 4 wins. I almost always get the same treatment so I don't care what those sort think.

If it is a COL member, I never BF.

If it is a pretty good guy who I have absolutely no beef with, I normally go with one BF and that is it.

Just my 2 cents.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only BF until I get a win and the death is avenged but that is a personal choice. I wouldn't even BF Ichabod or Kellumbo more than was needed to get the win. But it is still up to the individual to what they prefer. I have not had the opportunity to BF anyone in 81 yet, i don't think anyone wants to kill my guys Crying or Very sad

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
AndruilTheAncient
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I'm the same as most folks here. Typically I Bloodfeud til I win. Depends on a few factors though.

- I'm more likely to do it if you never challenge or if you look like you're on maintenance.
- More likely to do it if you did it to me.
- More likely to do it if your guy's a killer.
- More likely to do it if you target me a lot.
- More likely to do it if you got the kill off of a massive DC

Besides that, I would typically only Bloodfeud more than once if there was a tactical advantage for it. Like to keep an AB alive who is surrounded by nasty LUs.

LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I PMed you about it, so you know my advice, but to take part to that discussion : on an unwanted kill, I will BF only once guys agreeing to BF once in the same situation.
I will also BF once friends or rookies.
If its against somebody Im racing to 200, I will BF 4 times, and will expect him to do the same Wink
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum