New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset - Turn 612
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In general I look only at PP. I know others look at FE, but I really don't. To me a challenge is a way of saying "you shouldn't be ranked above me." Yes, this is an old school role-playing sort of way of viewing it, but it is still how I perceive things. If I have a 40 FE warrior and your 15 FE warrior passes him in the rankings - why should I allow you to outrank me? I'm better. If you climb too quickly, those are the breaks. But I would not go down in points for that challenge.

Under normal circumstances I do not down-challenge. (Usual exclusion of BF and Duelmaster applies) If other teams down-challenge me I take note - and may comment on it. I may down-challenge in response. The idea isn't to shame them, but rather to let them know I may change my policy in response. React accordingly if this matters to you. Although I don't look at FE in general, I would consider FE and point diferential when deciding how to react to a down-challenge. The challenge Toker just made was very minor - not a big deal. If Kano Clan returns I would be willing to down-challenge 50 points if needed - there are some previous challenges (And skipped BFs) that need to be addressed. I have frequently not made challenges simply because there was no suitable challenge above me in the rankings.

I also think Sunset is different from many other arenas. It is Delarquan and has a reputation as a bloody arena. I accepted that when I chose to fight here. But my position isn't quite, "When in Rome do as the Romans do," but rather "Don't complain about what the Romans do." I choose not to down-challenge. But I won't put my team at a disadvantage vs. teams that do it a lot. I'll let you know that I will respond, but I certainly don't want it to sound like wining - this is Sunset, it comes with the territory.

So, despite the very long response, it is very simple.
Don't down-challenge me and you can safely assume I will never do so to you.
Down-challenge me and I may well respond in kind.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
toker
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want Nomad to know that I am not making this a big deal. Our DC issue was addressed and over with. I just wanted to know and have a general idea of how managers here in Sunset view what a DC is! People have different opinions and I like to hear those opinions.

Desolate Temple DM-1
Warrior Poets DM-8
Vincere Aut Mori DM-18, 104
Equtis Virtus DM-21
The Huntsmen DM-31
Smoked Out!!! DM-47
Silver Knights DM-52
Vincere Aut Mori DM-59 (inactive)
Vincere Aut Mori 3 DM- 81
And a few more to com
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic