New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1579

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 3-13-20-12-6-3-13 Big Boy
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeepThought
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If not the DA, how about:
9-13-20-17-7-3-15 ST or giant P/R
7-13-20-17-7-3-17 same styles

1st has a 67% chance for tremendous dam

I bet Gentleben would give this a chance at P/R

Blood and Sand DM-21
MSNBC DM-47
guardian
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-13-20-12-6-3-13

9-13-20-17-9-3-13 pst

or 7-13-20-17-9-3-15 pst run this guy a few times absolutly crushes anything scummy

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have about as much experience as I have posts. But just to give another opinion, I'd try 9-13-20-17-9-3-13 SL.

With good Init. and Attack skills and hopefully Trem. damage you'll have alot of 1 minute wins. And the ability to take a lot of damage should allow you to get away with less armor.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hows about having a try with an aimer? Could be fun especially in a defensive arena.

3-13-20-12-6-3-13 -----> 5-13-20-17-9-3-17; 3-13-20-17-9-5-17;5-13-20-17-7-5-17

He's going to be able to take alot of damage so his lack of speed and defnse are not a MAJOR concern. Just imagine he comes back with tremedous damage and +4 ATT +4 DEF. I'd go with the middle design and give him a DA or two, maybe even an EP versus light, and run him with the dodge tactic. Starts 7/4/9/0/5/6. You'll know right on his rollup if he's bonused in ATT and if it's at least +2 DEF.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DeepThought wrote:

I would probably try PR with the numbers highlited in RED, or I wuld try wither ST or PS but probably PR and stick to the EP until ADM. The EP does surprisingly well against all armor.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DeepThought wrote:

Ugh....

9-13-20-17-7-3-15 PR is the only thing I see here, and that isn't good. I'd try it a few turns and see, then move on quickly.

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want someone who will win at a 75% clip, this ain't the guy, but if you are ok with 50-60%, sure, this guy can do well.

A few thoughts on previous posts -

Piker would work. I tend to want a little speed on a piker, since they learn decise and can run hot, why make them in such a way that removes one of their options? Still, it would work.

Aimer. I actually ran one sort of like this to a better than .500 record. Gron Da Caveman, if anyone remembers him from 81. 25-21 or some such thing at graduation. Gron was exactly what I expected - about .500. He absolutely crushed defensives - duh, he is an aimer. But he struggled mightly against offensives. You can take a blow - but not a ton. (And can't wear a ton of armor either) That size sucks up a lot of points that are not providing skills. Your defense will stink. Expect 50/50 - and you better check who is in your arena.

Ripper - I see the same skill problem as the aimer, but I am less certain on this one. Tremendous damamge on an ripper is interesting.

Slasher - nope. Not enough endurance.

Striker - or if you want to take advantage of the con - piker or ripper. Any guy with a 17 wit at least gets a shot on my teams. And with a 7 will, if it doesn't work out it probably won't live long anyway.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
guardian
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Nomad"]If you want someone who will win at a 75% clip, this ain't the guy, but if you are ok with 50-60%, sure, this guy can do well.

Piker would work. I tend to want a little speed on a piker, since they learn decise and can run hot, why make them in such a way that removes one of their options? Still, it would work.

your not removing an option if it was not there in the first place there is no way to maximize decise on this warrior without sacrificing to many other skills . like i said ive run this guy he usually wins 60-70 percent of his fights then gets killed .

so again its not removing an option its just making a warrior the stats can support , not every warrior is going to be the fastest , but in return for not being the fastest you may get other benifiets.

strikers never dominated adm , but back in the day when the top of adm was around the top of eligibles now pst did dominate and its becasue you get more bang for you buck as a pst than as a st

striker stend to be really good eraly on and start to decline a good pst can do the same thing but stay good a lot longer than the strikers do

but the inherent problem with pst is simple you make it to be defensive and it learns decise like crazy , you make it to be fast and he learns 20 parry skills before he has an expert in rip or attack , which is why there are so few good parry strikes around , but even on fight 0 a really good pst is a lot better than a really good striker , if all the styles were being run in the same percentages , the strikers would look a lot less dominant than they do now (in basic )

guardian

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="guardian"]
Nomad wrote:
If you want someone who will win at a 75% clip, this ain't the guy, but if you are ok with 50-60%, sure, this guy can do well.

your not removing an option if it was not there in the first place there is no way to maximize decise on this warrior without sacrificing to many other skills . like i said ive run this guy he usually wins 60-70 percent of his fights then gets killed .

so again its not removing an option its just making a warrior the stats can support , not every warrior is going to be the fastest , but in return for not being the fastest you may get other benifiets.

strikers never dominated adm , but back in the day when the top of adm was around the top of eligibles now pst did dominate and its becasue you get more bang for you buck as a pst than as a st

striker stend to be really good eraly on and start to decline a good pst can do the same thing but stay good a lot longer than the strikers do

but the inherent problem with pst is simple you make it to be defensive and it learns decise like crazy , you make it to be fast and he learns 20 parry skills before he has an expert in rip or attack , which is why there are so few good parry strikes around , but even on fight 0 a really good pst is a lot better than a really good striker , if all the styles were being run in the same percentages , the strikers would look a lot less dominant than they do now (in basic )

guardian

Hey, I LIKE pikers. I even make good roll-ups into pikers. It thus pleases me to hear you speak so fondly of them.

When I commented on "removing an option" I wasn't thinking about the ru specifically, but rather the style. To me one of the biggest advantages of the piker is their ability to run very hot, very cold, or somewhere in the middle. Having a 3 speed simply makes that hot option much less useful. Thus when choosing this style for a ru I would prefer to have a ru that can take advantage of all of the things the style can do.

I might go PS with this one, but the low speed would mean it would not be the first style I would consider.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Question is how you ran that aimer and even if you did run it dodge was the guy suited to it. And to be clear when I say suited even some Lungers just don't like the dodge I mean did you play with the numbers and find where he dodged best. With the RIP that aimers learn and the damage these giants do they just need to last into early minute 2 at most to land that big finishing shot. I might even send him open handed against light armor, knowing it's probably offensive by default, to give a smidge more dodge ability.

I love RUs like this that can go so many ways because we ALL learn a little more about the game from each other when we have these discussions. Thanks Deep Thought... hell you even got Guardian's interest enough to post.... not many RUs spark his interest enough to respond.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Question is how you ran that aimer and even if you did run it dodge was the guy suited to it. And to be clear when I say suited even some Lungers just don't like the dodge I mean did you play with the numbers and find where he dodged best. With the RIP that aimers learn and the damage these giants do they just need to last into early minute 2 at most to land that big finishing shot. I might even send him open handed against light armor, knowing it's probably offensive by default, to give a smidge more dodge ability.

I love RUs like this that can go so many ways because we ALL learn a little more about the game from each other when we have these discussions. Thanks Deep Thought... hell you even got Guardian's interest enough to post.... not many RUs spark his interest enough to respond.

Well, with Gron I did try a lot of different sorts of strats. If not on my general strat I almost always used special "if challenged" strats. It did make things interesting. But he only managed to dodge/riposte/parry enough to win a few fights against offensives - and most of those were against warriors with sizable FE disadvantages. I did try experimenting and even sought the advice of quite a few better aimer managers. He just couldn't last long enough to swing back. Armor was a big help. Still, he was fun and I'd do it again.
Ikillu
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it was mine:3-13-20-17-9-9-13 ST
I would like this rollup. I have a simular to this at 18-10 in 33.
My, what a deep voice you have.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ikillu wrote:
If it was mine:3-13-20-17-9-9-13 ST
I would like this rollup. I have a simular to this at 18-10 in 33.
My, what a deep voice you have.

This is EXACTLY what we would do also.

We hate to make super-large guys into the finesse styles - if we are expecting to uphold out 60% win expectations. Given that comment, if we HAD to chose one, it would be a piker, similar to that discussed above.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic