New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Reopen Seam
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reopen Seam and let us transfer teams there.

Since the Bashers aren't using Seam anymore, can we have it back?

It was originally an Andorian arena but noticed there is a "D" for Delarqs next to the newsletter listings. Were the bashers Delarqs? Is that who stole Seam when they closed it years ago? If the Andorians are giving away Seam, Free Blades would love to take it...
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn wrote:
Reopen Seam and let us transfer teams there.

Since the Bashers aren't using Seam anymore, can we have it back?

It was originally an Andorian arena but noticed there is a "D" for Delarqs next to the newsletter listings. Were the bashers Delarqs? Is that who stole Seam when they closed it years ago? If the Andorians are giving away Seam, Free Blades would love to take it...

The bashers did not "take" Seam immediately.
It was shut down in the close small arena mess.
It was dormant for a while, when the basher idea was given a shot at using Seam.
Our Animal Farm (having had to be transferred) is now in DM11 with over 1000 wins, and would love to go back home to Seam, and would support the reopening.
However, we think it will be very, very hard to get RSI to reopen any/some/all closed arenas without a specific "sales enhancement".

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I understand, to get an arena to re-open, you have to have 15 managers who promise to run a team there for at least a year...
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to thread jack, but can somebody explain why managers would like to reopen an arena that would likely run with next to no teams in it? Or for that matter why owners are currently running in arenas with hardly any teams in them. Where's the fun? the challenge? the social aspect of any empty arena? Am I missing something? I'm just curious because I have simply never understood it. If I had a team in an arena like that, I'd happily transfer them to a more vibrant arena.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Not to thread jack, but can somebody explain why managers would like to reopen an arena that would likely run with next to no teams in it? Or for that matter why owners are currently running in arenas with hardly any teams in them. Where's the fun? the challenge? the social aspect of any empty arena? Am I missing something? I'm just curious because I have simply never understood it. If I had a team in an arena like that, I'd happily transfer them to a more vibrant arena.

I run a number of tournament teams in small arenas. I used to run my tourney warriors primarily in DM-82 and DM-84, but paying the team cost to run a one warrior team gets a bit pricey. So instead, I place some team roll-ups in tiny arenas. While prepping the original warriors for tourneys, I use the DA to look for new tourney guys or interesting arena guys. Pretty soon, I have a full team, I'm paying one base team cost to get multiple warriors to tourney breakpoints, and I'm getting free fights out the wazoo along the way.

That's just me though. I suspect most people want to compete in small or closed arenas out of sentimentality.
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Would a team transfer fee be enough incentive? Maybe, $10 per team transferred there? If 20 teams signed up, there would be an extra $200. I would rather it just be a regular arena though, not a contest incentive.

I'm running out of arenas to send teams to. I'd like to stop at 60 teams in Blackstone. And yes I know you can have teams deleted, I'd rather avoid that but it may not be possible...

Seam is not a Delarq city! How can the Andorians stand for that!!?? Free Blades could use an extra arena imo....
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think Seam was ever Andorian....

How can you guys keep track of all of your tourney guys when they are all in different arenas with different due dates? It's so much easier having them all in 82/84, not to mention everyone and their uncle will know your style at the FtF when your warrior is in such a small arena...
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seam was originally Andorian I think because my dad had an early team there and that was one of the reasons he moved from it (back in the day when nationality was important to many managers).

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Seam was originally Andorian I think because my dad had an early team there and that was one of the reasons he moved from it (back in the day when nationality was important to many managers).

Still is to at least one.

Sincerely Purple Sage
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

I'm pretty sure that it was Andorian, I know Consortium would remember as well...I remember Transel being my first Delarq arena and it was way after my first ever team in Seam.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Terminator wrote:

Small arenas ==
1. Sentimentality
2. Free fights

For example, Bonsur. Until recently Bonsur had held strong at 7-9 teams every turn. Not great, but not terrible. Decent. It was my second ever arena and I like it. Now it is down to 3, which is very depressing. But, my team there has 370 wins. For me, that is a lot and it means something. I don't want to ever get to the point where I don't care about my teams, not just the warriors. I don't want to shut down the Sentinels. So I stay.

Oh, and of my primary teams, they easily draw the most free fights. That helps allow me to keep them active.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
How can you guys keep track of all of your tourney guys when they are all in different arenas with different due dates? It's so much easier having them all in 82/84, not to mention everyone and their uncle will know your style at the FtF when your warrior is in such a small arena...

I don't seem to have trouble keeping track of my tourney guys. Plus, I like getting stuff in the mail.

That last part is a concern I hadn't given much thought to, but you are probably right that they will be at a disadvantage in the early rounds of the FtF.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

ARE you kidding? Seam was TRUE Andorian.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We like arenas - small, medium, large ....

some have much competition
some, even small, have very close discussions and friendships
some provide free fights
we like getting the mail
we like avoiding and challenging every turn
we like graduating warriors (150 more and we retire)
we like having something multiple days a week
there are many nostalgic reasons to fight in the arenas

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

we like graduating warriors (150 more and we retire)

Shocked What?!? Say it ain't so! I know that's a long ways to go, but still.......

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic