New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset - Turn 632
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My-O-My will I be able to hold onto the current top team? I hope so.

Will Grandaddy get his challenge thru to Saralee Jo and if he does does he have the Stuff of Stuffs that would allow him to prevail? I say he does have the stuff and the strat but the real question is did Fisher Fly spoil the attempt?

Will Kevin continue his winning streak even though Ben has no idea as to how he is doing it (Gentleben secretly suspects that Kevin has hired a stunt double to fight his fights, either way GB likes the results and will take credit for it anyway)? Yes Big Kevin does indeed continue his streak (and not the streaking we all have come to enjoy durning baseball games of old)

Will Virile Man stay virile or will he lose his manlyness to one that is far less deserving of the manlyness? All the women of Sunset pray that he does not lose his ness of man.

Who will previal in the challenge of Silver Smurfer? We think that the Fisher of Flies will be trounced severlly and decidedly.

What say you ole veterans and novices of the city of Blood the home of the Sun and the Land of the Dead?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
fizban9898
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and....... could fizban sneak in on any of those awards he he he
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fizban9898 wrote:

I'm betting that you could take an Unchartered team or individual award and if everyone's turn sheets got lost you could be the DM

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik reluctantly sets aside his pint of ale, scratches his grizzled graying beard, and looks into his crystal ball......

Grandaddy Smurf gets smurfed by a challenging Wallace, out for rematch revenge!

Sara Lee Jo defeats Fly Fisher in an upset and rides off into, or uh, OUT of the Sunset, arena that is. Well played, Jorja!

Blaksunn takes a beatdown from someone, don't know who, but I have a bad feeling...

Blakskul makes his Sunset debut with a win and almost a kill!

Stik forgets, for llike the third turn in a row, to get his personals in on time and is shamed and embarassed! Embarassed

Ben holds on to the top team for another turn. There you go, Ben! Rolling Eyes
Laughing

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did Ben really say a smurf was going to challenge and defeat Fly Fisher? I want to get in on that action. What are the odds-makers saying? I'll put some coin on the Fisher. Sorry, smurfyben, nice looking warrior, but with all that tourney experience, I just don't see it.

The Tribe . . . hard to say. I have hopes, but the matchups just don't seem good. I really want to stay on the positive side for this turn. lets say 3-2.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Did Ben really say a smurf was going to challenge and defeat Fly Fisher? I want to get in on that action. What are the odds-makers saying? I'll put some coin on the Fisher. Sorry, smurfyben, nice looking warrior, but with all that tourney experience, I just don't see it.

Someone has to challenge him and I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate so I am. Who knows I might just win not that my money is on Smurfer either but heck he is looking good recently.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Nomad wrote:

Someone has to challenge him and I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate so I am. Who knows I might just win not that my money is on Smurfer either but heck he is looking good recently.

Considering the pounding the Fisher has been putting on Battlecry I am happy to see anyone else take him on! Good luck!
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Nomad wrote:

Trouble is, strikers just eat bashers for breakfast in basic. Your guy may be more of a speed guy so you may have a shot, but strikers generally make bashers eat sand. Good luck, we'll see tomorrow!

I'll be on the road with the family for a weekend out of town, but hopefully can peek at results before leaving!

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Nomad wrote:

Trouble is, strikers just eat bashers for breakfast in basic. Your guy may be more of a speed guy so you may have a shot, but strikers generally make bashers eat sand. Good luck, we'll see tomorrow!

I'll be on the road with the family for a weekend out of town, but hopefully can peek at results before leaving!

Silver Smurfer is a ST as well and appearantly not fast enough. I haven't gotten my turns yet so I am not sure excatally how it panned out. I know how it ended.

Grandaddy was going for the throne and trying to fight Saralee but Blacksunn had other plans for him. Speaking of Blacksunn, King Tootnpootn has been waiting a long time for you to get up here...hehehe

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Silver Smurfer is a ST as well and appearantly not fast enough. I haven't gotten my turns yet so I am not sure excatally how it panned out. I know how it ended.

There was a clash before Fly Fisher threw the first attack. I think if Silver Smurfer chose a faster weapon than the Scimitar, he might have had better luck. Even so, Fly Fisher is pretty fast right now and I think it would be an uphill battle.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some good duels this turn, a few surprises as well. I was most happy with my 4-1.

Big welcome to Khisanth with Serpents Hold! I believe you're a manager from way back just recently reactivated, right? You weren't an RSI employee at one time were you? Perhaps I'm thinking of someone with a similar name...dunno.

Grandaddy Smurf, it pays to bring a backup, I guess. Sometimes the best laid plans.... Twisted Evil

fizban9898
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
fizban9898 wrote:

I'm betting that you could take an Unchartered team or individual award and if everyone's turn sheets got lost you could be the DM

woo hoo dm lol
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

Grandaddy Smurf, it pays to bring a backup, I guess. Sometimes the best laid plans.... Twisted Evil

It was still a great fight and he almost had you anyways. I dropped the backup a while back with him to help jump but I may have to carry one again thanks to you. Wink

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Stik wrote:

It was still a great fight and he almost had you anyways. I dropped the backup a while back with him to help jump but I may have to carry one again thanks to you. Wink

Well, Blaky wasn't carrying a real backup either, so I can only laugh so loudly... Rolling Eyes

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Stik wrote:

Well, Blaky wasn't carrying a real backup either, so I can only laugh so loudly... Rolling Eyes

Neither was Wallace in our last meeting so I guess we can both learn from both of our mistakes. But they were all good fights as far as the reading aspect goes regardless of who won. A most enjoyable couple of turns.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic