New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TC Prize Ideas
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The spring mail-in is about two months away.

The last three or four prizes are probably off the table, which should mean no Favorites, no Res/Immortality, no Stat-Switch, and no Clone/Twin.

I'm leaning towards Max Bonus as my preference.

This one appeals to me because it seems to make flawed warriors good without making good warriors ridiculous, as it is most powerful when making a -4 into a +4.

What say the rest of you?

Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZalgorPrigg
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I'll bite. I'd like to see the 10 potions of learning 1 skill in the area of your choice. It's not an over the top prize but it is useful, which is what the Fool's Tourney prizes are usually about.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ZalgorPrigg wrote:
Okay, I'll bite. I'd like to see the 10 potions of learning 1 skill in the area of your choice. It's not an over the top prize but it is useful, which is what the Fool's Tourney prizes are usually about.

I hope they NEVER offer this prize again. We just had favorites -- do you really want to run into a bunch of maxed defensed open-hand AB's?

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I hope they NEVER offer this prize again.

Agreed. I think it's the worst prize (out of the ones they still offer) still in the game. Not to mention, I hate prizes whose sole purpose is to give you a chance to win other TCs, and that's all that this prize pretty much does.

I thought Spring Mail-Ins were usually powerful prizes, the October Mail-In are the weak Res/Immortality prizes so we usually get something good in Spring.

Quote:

I'm leaning towards Max Bonus as my preference.

What happened to voting for the weakest prize? Now you want the strongest prize remaining in the rotation? You got a good tourney roster or something?

That said, I'd probably vote bonuses too, but wouldn't be opposed to any number of the various new prize ideas that people have. Most are\were interesting.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What happened to voting for the weakest prize? Now you want the strongest prize remaining in the rotation? You got a good tourney roster or something?

I didn't realize it was the most powerful prize remaining. In fact, I'm not even sure what all the options are. From the top of my head, I can think of:

+1 bonus
ambi
growth/shrink
max bonus
frankenstein
max damage
style swap (probably never getting offered again)
learn 10 skills (just got dumped on by Mannequin and Managerr)
87 point roll-up
DYO

What else am I missing?

Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Quote:

I didn't realize it was the most powerful prize remaining. In fact, I'm not even sure what all the options are. From the top of my head, I can think of:

+1 bonus
ambi
growth/shrink
max bonus
frankenstein
max damage
style swap (probably never getting offered again)
learn 10 skills (just got dumped on by Mannequin and Managerr)
87 point roll-up
DYO

What else am I missing?

I have a faint recollection of people complaining about the weakness of the 87 point thing, I'm guessing you just got to add an extra 3 points to a regular roll-up. Perhaps I should vote for that.

Mising? Faves.
And we vote for the +1 bonus.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Growth/Shrink gets my vote. It's not as sexy as the bonus potions, but it is still pretty darn neat to have that huge guy, or that max defense guy, to play with. I remember the first time running into Butch and reading he was...I don't recall...it felt like 9' tall. And the BA was well suited to SC too! Zomg.

-DK
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want a good summer F2F prize. Its when I send 95% of my warriors for the year. Usually its not the greatest. Perhaps because of lower participation?
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why is there lower participation during the Summer FTFs... is this true?

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:

Yea its usually the lowest participation. i think because most of the DMers (or a lot of them) are on the west coast and don't travel as much except to winter f2f? I dunno.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

It's been traditionally true, but the gap has pretty much closed the last few years. If anything the West Coast guys have been appearing less and less, having other interests/taking things for granted, whereas the Summer ones will draw in the same die hards that go to every FtF + the regional people.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Missing? Faves.

Yeah, I didn't include the ones that had been offered the past 4 tournaments on that list.

I can't think of anything new and exciting to add to the list. The prizes seem to be broken down into Make Your Old Guy Better prizes (favs, ambi, growth/shrink, bonus, max bonus, max damage) and Make a New Guy prizes (stat-switch, clone/twin, frankenstein, dyo, 87 point), with little in between. That little being two prizes that are improbable and undesirable (style swap, learn 10 skills) and the relatively weak res/immortality.

The only addition that I could think of for the Make Your Old Guy Better prizes would be a bonus endurance or a max endurance prize, but my gut tells me that would be bad for Primus.

And how many ways can you Make a New Guy?

The only plausible new idea that I've heard is from Kellumbo, with his "train 3 stats" prize. I can see that being useful to save years of training in pre-Primus ADM, or to get a leg up in Challengers, or maybe a small edge in a basic tourney. It seems underwhelming, though. Maybe if you had the option to train SZ with it, it would make it more versatile, and at least be somewhat desirable by Primus players to get an extra damage rating (although they'd have to wait for a different prize to slim back down again).
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The only plausible new idea that I've heard is from Kellumbo, with his "train 3 stats" prize.

It used to be +5 stats prize.

Neon Necromancer won 3 of them, added 15 con to his Apprentice and TC'd with it. People whined.

Then that warrior entered Inits, then RSI did an unprecedented (then) maneuver and then booted it up to Adepts even though it had timed at 10 FE. More people whined.

I don't think that the prize was ever offered again due to the controversy.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
The only plausible new idea that I've heard is from Kellumbo, with his "train 3 stats" prize.

Neon Necromancer won 3 of them, added 15 con to his Apprentice and TC'd with it. People whined.

Then that warrior entered Inits, then RSI did an unprecedented (then) maneuver and then booted it up to Adepts even though it had timed at 10 FE. More people whined.

I don't think that the prize was never offered again due to the controversy.

I would like to see a "Max Stat" prize that would max any stat you choose (excluding size) that could only be used on a warrior in ADM. That way Lee could classify it in the appropriate tourney and no one would have any reason to complain. I would love to save some time and money developing someone I want to run in Primus.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I don't think that the prize was ever offered again due to the controversy.

Fair enough.

Quote:
I would like to see a "Max Stat" prize that would max any stat you choose (excluding size) that could only be used on a warrior in ADM. That way Lee could classify it in the appropriate tourney and no one would have any reason to complain. I would love to save some time and money developing someone I want to run in Primus.

Mannequin

Didn't they offer a prize like that before? Max one stat and get moved straight to Primus? That rings a bell.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic