New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TC Prize Ideas
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I would like to see a "Max Stat" prize that would max any stat you choose (excluding size) that could only be used on a warrior in ADM. That way Lee could classify it in the appropriate tourney and no one would have any reason to complain. I would love to save some time and money developing someone I want to run in Primus.

You could still dominate the ADM tourneys with a pretty dominating burn/bustout on the right warrior, but at least it might be harder to mess around in basic with it...

As a side note, I am re-reading the Cosmic Hammer debates on the old RT again--those were the days. A sample of one of the classic posts:

Quote:
first let me say screw you neon and your warriors all suffer from poor
mangement , and punctuation is for ppl that give a shit and think that
entitlement is a god given right

(People who think we were less vitriolic back then are probably just forgetting)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I would like to see a "Max Stat" prize that would max any stat you choose (excluding size) that could only be used on a warrior in ADM. That way Lee could classify it in the appropriate tourney and no one would have any reason to complain. I would love to save some time and money developing someone I want to run in Primus.

Mannequin

After thinking about it, this seems like it would be a fun prize.

As long as it can't be used in between an ADM freeze and a given tournament (or Lee reclassifies the warrior immediately), it sounds interesting and not overpowered.

I would also have no problem if it could be used on basic warriors as long as it instantly moved them to ADM (functioning as an immortality prize, in addition to speeding up development).
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's just some brainstorming ideas I came up with during my nap. Just some things to get conversations started. Who knows, might be a winner in there.

1) Age/Youth potion. Add or subract up to 5 FE to a basic warrior, or 50 FE to a graduated warrior. Can only be used once per warrior. My idea is that your guy basically gets a "redo" in a tourney class that he didn't TV in. Your Init goes 7-3, taking him to 15 FE. Use the prize, and presto, he gets to try Inits again with an extra 5 FE worth of learns. If your guy was good enough to TV a class, he'd have too much FE for it to help. In AD, we all know how much FE plays into things, and adding 50 FE to your Primus guy who only has 250 FE would sure make him a contender much faster.

2) Max stat train potion x5. Allows the next stat train to be at 100%. Can only be used five times per warrior. This would allow a fairly unexciting warrior like a 17/7 wt/wl to have a good bustout tourney. Use the potions before the tourney, and blamo, you assure that you hit your first 5 trains in WT, DF, or whatever you are shooting for. It'd also be kinda cool to use this in basic, and maybe hit like CN 5 times as a rookie. Of course, you give up 5 turns of skill training, but you do get the 5 trains.

3) Skill swap potion. Take the number of learns in two skill areas, and swap them. For example, let's say my LU has learned 18 init, but only 3 defense. I use the potion, and he gets reset to 18 defense learns and 3 init learns. This seems like it would be useful to warriors in like inits through challengers.

4) Born again potion. One of your warriors gets rerolled 3 times for bonusses and physicals. You choose the one you want. He keeps all currently learned skills and FE.

5) Faves reroll potion. You warrior's favorites gets rerolled 3 times, and you choose the one you want. It rerolls weapon, rhythm, learn, and tactics. You also get told the exact numbers for rhythm, not just HI/LO, but something like 8/3.

6) You get 5 minutes to browse the program that Lee sends you as a PDF file that self destructs 5 minutes after you open it. Smile Ok, this one is probably not gonna happen.

These are just to get discussions started, and in no way have they been thought out very hard.

Have fun discussing.

-DK
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to throw my 2 cents worth in. What about 2 different prizes? One awarded to ADM and higher Tourney's and only to be used on ADM and higher. The second prize to be awarded to Rooks to Challengers. In most cases, the prizes that are won at the higher levels seem to be used to create/design gods who then win at lower levels. For prizes, use something that would apply to that class of warrior. I kind of like Kellumbo's #3 idea, a skill swap potion. I dont think has been used before but would have some definite uses in Basic.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. Free team participation for a team in any arena for 6 months
2. Recognition subtraction of 50 points to be used as seen fit in any/all arenas.
3. Every hit is a kill. To be used in any one tournament for any one warrior
4. Auto stat train for 10 stats.
5. Two roll-up sheets/teams of one's choice.
6. Eliminate one loss in tourney. To be used any time prior to 10th fight.

etc, etc

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
1. Free team participation for a team in any arena for 6 months
2. Recognition subtraction of 50 points to be used as seen fit in any/all arenas.
3. Every hit is a kill. To be used in any one tournament for any one warrior
4. Auto stat train for 10 stats.
5. Two roll-up sheets/teams of one's choice.
6. Eliminate one loss in tourney. To be used any time prior to 10th fight.

etc, etc

Wow, did the Consortium really just propose a "death prize?" What is the world coming to . . .

Interesting ideas, although I find it interesting that some prizes are really only useful to tourney managers (likely winners anyway, I suppose) or arenas. I'd love the 6 months free, but I'm not sure it would appeal to some of the tourney managers. But the eliminate one loss award would be worthless to me if I never go to another ftf. (Yeah, I admit I probably won't win one, but a guy can dream . . .)

Is the two roll up idea that I could pick the specific team sheets I want? Uhm, there are probably many of us that have no idea what the team sheets look like. I've probably seen fewer than 15 team sheets in my entire career.

Still I like the new ideas.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellumbo wrote:

4) Born again potion. One of your warriors gets rerolled 3 times for bonusses and physicals. You choose the one you want. He keeps all currently learned skills and FE.

Boy, could I use this one. I was fortunate enough to get the team sheet with two Double-21's at the FTF. I made them both LU's -- neither one TV'd and I found out when I got home that one of them was -4 ATT and the other is hosed in DEF....

Perhaps you could just ask to have an entire TEAM re-rolled three times. May as well get your money's worth if you're going to offer a prize like that.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some really good suggestions, I like this one.

Born again reroll, though I think it should be 5 reroll potions. That way you can reroll any 5 warriors once or 1 warrior 5 times. No other combinations of rerolled warriors allowed.

Of the already existing prizes, I say DYO.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:

Interesting ideas, although I find it interesting that some prizes are really only useful to tourney managers (likely winners anyway, I suppose) or arenas. I'd love the 6 months free, but I'm not sure it would appeal to some of the tourney managers.

Nomad has a point here, the differences between prizes desired by arena and tourney managers. An arena manager would probably enjoy a "know your favorites x3 or 5, limited Max Damage potions, stat switches, free play, etc. A tourney manager would like Favorites, +1 to Bonus, Clone, etc.. The problem, of course, in trying to appease the arena managers is that to win the prizes they have to compete in the tourneys (and win). I don't think a difference in the prizes offered would increase the arena managers number of entries or chances of winning by much. The only plus for the arena managers who win a prize at this point in time is that they can usually find a willing buyer for any prize they don't want.

Maybe it would be cool if RSI had a secondary list of "lesser" prizes to choose from each tourney (it could be a permanent list or not). If you TC and don't want to use the "featured" prize offered for that tourney you can choose something from the secondary list. Half the fun in winning tourney is having the chance to apply the prizes the way you like. There really isn't much fun in selling a prize. As a plus, any "featured" prize traded for a secondary prize makes those that are still in play more powerful/valuable.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
There really isn't much fun in selling a prize.

Its probably fun to look through stacks of team roll-ups that you traded your prize for, yeah?

There are some prizes that I have no use for that I'd try to trade away for other recently offered prizes, team roll-ups with 21 WT/WL warriors, or simply random team roll-ups. Between the trading options and the fact that your TC fights for free, I imagine most managers would be happy with whatever prize was offered, even if they didn't need it.

Maybe not, though.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
An arena manager would probably enjoy a "know your favorites x3 or 5, limited Max Damage potions, stat switches, free play, etc.

You can win all of these in any of the various ARENA contests going on in Alastari.
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does the idea of having prizes limited to being used on certain types of warriors hold any appeal? For instance:

Freshman - Primus prizes will be different from other prizes awarded, and as such the prizes can only be used on ADM warriors.

Apprentices - Challengers (or potenially Rookies - Challengers) prizes will be different from ADM prizes, and as such these prizes can only be used on DM warriors.

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could have a unique prize for Rookies which could only be used on Rookies going forward prior to that warrior fighting at all.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
Nomad wrote:

Interesting ideas, although I find it interesting that some prizes are really only useful to tourney managers (likely winners anyway, I suppose) or arenas. I'd love the 6 months free, but I'm not sure it would appeal to some of the tourney managers.

Nomad has a point here, the differences between prizes desired by arena and tourney managers. An arena manager would probably enjoy a "know your favorites x3 or 5, limited Max Damage potions, stat switches, free play, etc. A tourney manager would like Favorites, +1 to Bonus, Clone, etc.. The problem, of course, in trying to appease the arena managers is that to win the prizes they have to compete in the tourneys (and win). I don't think a difference in the prizes offered would increase the arena managers number of entries or chances of winning by much. The only plus for the arena managers who win a prize at this point in time is that they can usually find a willing buyer for any prize they don't want.

Maybe it would be cool if RSI had a secondary list of "lesser" prizes to choose from each tourney (it could be a permanent list or not). If you TC and don't want to use the "featured" prize offered for that tourney you can choose something from the secondary list. Half the fun in winning tourney is having the chance to apply the prizes the way you like. There really isn't much fun in selling a prize. As a plus, any "featured" prize traded for a secondary prize makes those that are still in play more powerful/valuable.

Mannequin

I don't actually think prizes that appeal to tourney managers more than arena managers is a big deal, because as noted, you have to enter a tourney to have a shot at winning them. However, I would not want to see a prize that would really only be valuable at a ftf offered as a prize in a mail-in. For example, the eliminate one loss prize the Consortium offered. It might be a neat prize, but should only be offered at a ftf.

As for selling a prize, I am 90% certain that is what I would do if I won one. Sell it and spend the money on the game.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
An arena manager would probably enjoy a "know your favorites x3 or 5, limited Max Damage potions, stat switches, free play, etc.

You can win all of these in any of the various ARENA contests going on in Alastari.

Which is why those contests attract so much interest. The difference is I could use a "secondary" prize in any arena I choose rather than compete in an arena contest where I would be limited to using any prize I won on that particular team.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so i only know of one warrior that was style swapped, as we all know the same warrior im thinking of. what i want to know is why they dont/wont offer this prize again?

Youngblood

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic