New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Summer Face
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can see why ADM is a problem, but why is everyone relying on the mini-overviews to come in basic? Doesn't everyone keep an "FE" field in their warrior tracking sheets/databases? Can't you just count up FE for warriors that you want to send to the tourney? I actually spent last night double checking my FE counts. How did everyone survive before RSI started putting FE counts on mini-overviews?
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have purchased about 50 teams from other managers. I have NO idea what some of their FE is. I really need the mini's.
Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I can see why ADM is a problem, but why is everyone relying on the mini-overviews to come in basic? Doesn't everyone keep an "FE" field in their warrior tracking sheets/databases? Can't you just count up FE for warriors that you want to send to the tourney? I actually spent last night double checking my FE counts. How did everyone survive before RSI started putting FE counts on mini-overviews?

Perhaps, some people don't have the time to count up their FE. Maybe some people can't add. Polarius has a perfect reason why he needs the mini's to see the FE. I don't see why you would care and I also don't understand why RSI can't get these out in a timely manner.

As far as the Face goes I'm hoping to make it wherever it is. I would have had a better chance to make Atlanta but I'll still do my best to make Memphis...
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius can simply request the mini-overviews to be sent to him when the actual warrior transfers can take place. He doesn't have to wait for a tourney in order to get them.

I care because if people wouldn't get so hung up on basic mini overviews, to several hundred customers then maybe RSI would have more time to take care of everything that needs to be done. One of the biggest reasons we went to this FE system was to uncomplicate things, yet it seems people are just as dependent as their mini-overviews as before.

Remember that mini-overviews can be requested at any time if you lose count of your FE. If someone can't add as you suggest, it's probably a good thing that they don't get their minis because they shouldn't be wasting their money on this game.
Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Polarius can simply request the mini-overviews to be sent to him when the actual warrior transfers can take place. He doesn't have to wait for a tourney in order to get them.

You are 100% correct.

Managerr wrote:
I care because if people wouldn't get so hung up on basic mini overviews, to several hundred customers then maybe RSI would have more time to take care of everything that needs to be done.

I don't see "people getting hung up on basic mini overviews" here. I see one person (who might not have known that he could request minis at any time) making one comment about it. I don't view at as big of a deal as you do.

Managerr wrote:
One of the biggest reasons we went to this FE system was to uncomplicate things, yet it seems people are just as dependent as their mini-overviews as before.

I think people are dependent on their mini's for ADM tourneys not basic.

Managerr wrote:

Remember that mini-overviews can be requested at any time if you lose count of your FE. If someone can't add as you suggest, it's probably a good thing that they don't get their minis because they shouldn't be wasting their money on this game.

You're right about that. However, I've known of people that infact are incapable of keeping accurate records. Is that their own stupid problem? Absolutely. I just would think that RSI will take all the business that they can.
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I, like Manager, keep up with all of my warrior's FE. In most cases I really don't need the mini's. BUT, there are cases where I do need them. Like when I have very old warriors that I don't have the FE on or when I actually have a team that I had forgotten about. In my opinion the mini's are important and as long as they are using them should be sent out on time. Yesterday I had 26 teams transferred to me. I requested mini's on these teams. The last time I had a large # of teams transferred to me I didn't get the mini's I requested. When I requested them for the second time, and rec them, I found that a few of the teams only had 3 warriors. I then had to order replacements. If I hadn't of had the mini's it may have taken me longer to sort through all of the overviews.
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

or...to sum it up in one word "convience." I mean come one, I'm prob gonna spend almost $300 on the MI. They owe me a little convience.
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmmm...and I guess I could have spelled my "one word" right!
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a thread on this on the RT just a couple of days ago--people needing basic mini overviews. So, while not necessarily pointing out Polarius's friend in particular, it is important to a great deal of people.

In either case, I've just accepted that RSI is either understaffed or inefficient when it comes to getting everything done. Things like mini-overviews in basic is one thing that we can control. The more of things like that we can control, the less frustration that things like this will be for everyone. Certainly no one keeps perfect records and there will be times when just need one, and by all means request it then. (Incidentally, I believe they can also send minis via Email if it helps you get stuff faster) Just think, that if everyone would track their FE, then no one would be able to use it as an excuse to not send warriors, then we'd have bigger tourneys and more revenue for RSI and they can use it to hire more staff and get all of our stuff out in time! (Ok, maybe I"m being a little idealistic)
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe they could could afford to get Clonaid to clone Sandy. That would make them more efficient!
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah...or I could afford to work there and they could be hiring. MCI is closing their call center here by May...wonder how much longer it'll be until we offload as well

--Terry Pratchett
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tloi wrote:
hey how'd the sushi experience go in Philly?

The sushi was awesome in Philly. That was like the 3rd or 4th time I'd tried it. Now my daughter loves it and we have a place that we go atleast once a month (or more), and the chef experiments with us we know him so well Cool Definitely love the "Squid Salad" Hmmm....sounds like a warrior name to me Idea

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mad_Max wrote:
As far as the Face goes I'm hoping to make it wherever it is. I would have had a better chance to make Atlanta but I'll still do my best to make Memphis...

If it's cheaper to fly into Atlanta for anyone this summer, they're welcome to fly in and drive to where ever the face is with me. On a 1st come basis of course Cool

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Tloi
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RascallyRabbit wrote:
Definitely love the "Squid Salad" Hmmm....sounds like a warrior name to me Idea

yes it does Wink ..... squid salad? hrm, I think I'd only be bold enough for the non meat variety ...what are those?? california rolls Laughing I had calimari once, everyone I share the telling with advises me it was overcooked... but that's octupus not squid, although similar ?? we aren't big seafood people, mom doesn't really like it so my main brush has been long john silvers and tuna/salmon in a can Laughing I had my first real brush at prom when someone's parents went all out and had dinner at thier house when we went as a group.... I always thought shrimp were teeny and breaded not white and crunchy like cartilage *bonk*

as far as the face, I'd like to go but not sure how to work it in since we're going back to ohio end of may/first of june.

--Terry Pratchett
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Despite all I have going on, and the fact that I don't meticulously obsess over my total record keeping, you know what manager is right. I should have to ask for the things I'm supposed to get automatically. Thanks for pointing out the err in my ways Shocked

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic