New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The King of Primus Contest!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

These rules aren't 100% solid now, it will be the one in the newsletter, but everything is pretty much set to go, just need to make sure everything is clear and not needing clarificiation issues, etc. You can sign up now in this thread if you want your spot reserved though.

The King of Primus Competition:

Who:
The first 16 teams to sign up. Each team must consist of 5 warriors of each of a *different* style.

A team may consist of one or more managers, and each manager can belong to only one team.

Managers who are able to field 5 warriors of different styles for themselves are STRONLY encouraged to do so. But for those that can't, combination teams are definitely allowed. Management reserves the right to veto any combination teams deemed "overpowered". (Unlikely but you never know)

What:

The King of Primus is a bracket-style competition where teams of 5 warriors fight against each other in a match-play like system.

Teams will be seeded 1-16 based on the AVERAGE rank in Primus of their warriors. (As of turn 545) Warriors MUST be listed in the Turn 545 Newsletter in order to be eligible for the competition.

Then each team will have a ranking of 1-5 based on their ranking in Primus. (As of turn 545) During match play, The #1 warrior from Team A will match up with the #1 warrior from Team B, the #2 Team A warrior will match up with the #2 warrior from Team B, and so forth. Warrior rankings will remain static throughout the competition as will manager seedings.

The King of Primus will be the one team that goes 4-0. Even though the contest is single elimination to determine the winner, there will be a consolation round and everyone will have 4 matches--in the end everyone will have the opportunity to play 4 matches and find out where their stable really ranks in Primus!

When:
The contest will take place starting on Primus Turn 546, which I believe starts November 10th. It will run for 4 turns ending in Turn 549. However, remember that your warriors must be listed in the 545 newsletter to be eligible and it's not a bad idea to climb up high in the rankings now to earn as high a seed as you can.

How:

To enter, you can sign up in this thread, write an ad in the 102 newsletter or PM/Email Manager with the following information. The Name(s) of managers on a team, the 5 warriors with ID #'s of your team, the style of your warriors, and what warrior you want to select for a possible Royal Court Selection. (See prize section.

Example:

Manager's Team
---------------
1. Bonnie (29-2780) (AB)
2. Weird Head Boy (63-2216) (LU) *
3. Koji Shikeru (40-2619) (SL)
4. Skyfire (37-2065) (PL)
5. Patience (1-2619) (TP)

* Denotes Royal Court Prize Pick

Since the contest takes place in the arena, you'll have to read the newsletter and the forums to figure
out who you're going to match up against. We'll post all the managers and teams before the contest begins
as well to make it easier.

Prizes:

The winner of the competition will be named the King of Primus!!! As a winner, you get to control the fate of the arena for a very special Turn 550! The Winner of the contest can select two
"decrees" from a list of items that will effect how Primus plays out on it's historic Turn 550!

They are:
==========
- Rename the Arena for 1 turn
- Have a non-automated spy report written.
- Increase/Decrease the Skill Learning for the turn
- Increase/Decrease the Training % for the turn.
- Increase/Decrease the Kill Percentage for the turn.
- No Challenges and/or Avoids
- Bring back the Defend Gate Challenge for a turn
- Have an NPC Match-Up Week!

As the King of Primus, you also get the first member of your Royal Court! When entering a team, each team who participates must designate one of their warriors to be in the "twin pool". (No DYOs or roll-up altering warriors allowed) After winning, one warrior will be
drawn from the pool at RANDOM, and you will have the option to be able to "twin" that warrior's numbers and stick him on an existing team (no-tourney arenas not allowed) if you so desire. Consider carefully your odds of winning when choosing a warrior to donate to the Royal Court.

You may opt out if you desire--but if you win, you don't get this part of the prize.

The Consolation Champion (9th place) gets 5 Team Roll-Ups.

For everyone else, there is an exciting Consolation Prize Pool to keep everyone motivated to finish high as possible. There are 16 items in the Consolation Prize Pool--one of each item. First place gets his first choice of item in the pool, second place gets the 2nd choice and so on, and whoever finishes last gets the last item. Here are the 16 items in the Consolation Prize Pool:

Consolation Prize Pool

=======================
+1 Init Potion -- Adds 1 Init to your base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Riposte Potion -- Adds 1 to your Riposte base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Decise Potion -- Adds 1 to your Decise Base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

War Flail Potion -- Give any Primus warrior the favorite weapon of a War Flail!

1 Free Name Change -- Change the name of any of your warriors for free!

+2 Charisma -- Add 2 to your warrior's charisma! You can't increase Charisma by ANY OTHER MEANS without using this potion!

Riposte Tactic Potion -- Give your favorite warrior the Riposte Tactic as a favorite tactic!

Slash Tactic Potion -- Give your warrior the Slash Tactic as a favorite tactic!

-10 Losses Potion -- Subtract 10 losses from your Primus Team record as you make a quest for #1!

Left-Handedness Potion -- Tired of getting hit in the right arm? Makes one of your Primus warriors Left-Handed!

Remove Kills Potion -- Embarassed by your kills? Remove 2 kills from your Primus team record with this prize!

-11 Rankings Prize -- Ranked too high? Stuck in a high bracket you can't get out of? Lowers the Primus ranking of an individual warrior by 11 points! May you drop down a class as a result.

Small Shield Potion -- Give any warrior the favorite weapon of the Small Shield! According to multi-time Primus winner LHI, it's the fastest weapon in the game!

One of Manager's Leftover Team Roll-Ups: One of Manager's throwaway roll-ups will be sent to you in old-fashioned diplo format! (Can be autographed if you desire) His trash might be your treasure!

+15 FE Prize -- Add 15 FE to one of your Primus warriors! That next FE bonus is even closer!

Race-Changing Prize -- Change the race of one of your Primus warriors to an existing or even a new race!
Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only have one Primus warrior, a PR ranked around 150, but if there are any other micro-managers out there who would like to join forces, I'm in.

theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. Going with the Old Timers for the heck of it....

Dark One's Team:

Slasher: Levi A. Thon
Wall of Steel: Prime Evil Man
Parry Lunger: Rabid Moose
Parry Riposte: Auntie Christ
Lunger: Vengeance

Go Geezers!
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this contest happens again in a couple years or next year I'd consider it.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I only have one Primus warrior, a PR ranked around 150, but if there are any other micro-managers out there who would like to join forces, I'm in.

Yeah, if you're interested, just post the styles you have and hopefully we can get a few match ups. At the very least, we can use Jorja, Emerald Orbs, and A-Sop's guys to help fill out teams for micro-managers.
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will join but I currently only have 1 guy in Primus, a LU ranked around 200. After the split I will have a few more. Is there any type of entry fee??

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, if you're interested, just post the styles you have and hopefully we can get a few match ups. At the very least, we can use Jorja, Emerald Orbs, and A-Sop's guys to help fill out teams for micro-managers.

Looking at the warriors entered so far, I guess it is going to be an elite competition and my warrior is not going to be there for some years. Despite that, if anyone is interested in teaming up with me and if there will be any suitable competition, I have the following warrior:

Jeanne d'Arc (70-6Cool [PR], current rank #154

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I will join but I currently only have 1 guy in Primus, a LU ranked around 200. After the split I will have a few more. Is there any type of entry fee??

No entry fee.
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bartender wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Looking at the warriors entered so far, I guess it is going to be an elite competition and my warrior is not going to be there for some years. Despite that, if anyone is interested in teaming up with me and if there will be any suitable competition, I have the following warrior:

Of course this will be an elitist competition. That what I find fun about it. Only in Tournaments do yo have the chance to fight against some of the elite Primus warriors. Those fights should be fun to read. I will join with you if you don't mind an even lower ranked partner. Firedrake 56-54-2 (30-2070) LU current rank #209.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madwand wrote:
Bartender wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Of course this will be an elitist competition. That what I find fun about it. Only in Tournaments do yo have the chance to fight against some of the elite Primus warriors. Those fights should be fun to read. I will join with you if you don't mind an even lower ranked partner. Firedrake 56-54-2 (30-2070) LU current rank #209.

Sounds great to me but won't there be a problem with challenges if the warriors are out of reach of one another?

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sounds great to me but won't there be a problem with challenges if the warriors are out of reach of one another?

No, RSI is going to manually arrange the challenges between contest competitors.
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in... my five warriors entered are:

Placid Intensity - LU (9-3352)*
Hannibal Lector - AB (64-3997)
Malice in Chains - PL (15-3729)
Lassies Evil Twin - ST (61-2411)
Skoobee Duu - TP (41-1345)

Questions:
- Are fights counted towards FE
- Are learns/trains permanent or removed as in the ADM regional tourney

Should be fun.... looking forward to it!!!

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....

Last edited by MarmaDuke on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Questions:
- Are fights counted towards FE
- Are learns/trains permanent or removed as in the ADM regional tourney

Yes and Yes. Since the contest takes place in the regular arena (the only thing that's different is that you have a guaranteed match-up against your opponent), all FE, skills/trains/etc. count.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the most awesome prize list I have ever seen for a contest. The WF prize alone makes it awesome!

I have to get more warriors to Primus . . . no wait, I have to get decent warriors to Primus, that's what it is!

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somewhere Assur also got a smile on his face thinking of the WF prize.

I already have a WS who is a +3 ATT seems real knacky and is a RIP learn and tactic.

Which to avoid my usual thread-jack, lately it seems, I know Manager will see this and I would volunteer to help if some WF balancing is involved in the trial changes. Something to keep in mind.

Back on topic I hope whoever gets it, the WF prize (I'm guessing it will go earlier than expected, pre teen #s) puts it on a good WS so someday mine will have something to compare it against.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic