New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Most Dark Arena victories by a non-Immortal?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I just had my first DA victory ever and of course I had to wonder: anyone know the record for most DA victories by a non-Immortal? I'm guessing no more than two, but I'm open to being surprised.

I can't wait to see the fight result. My guy fortunately drew Black Orc as his foe. I recently had another warrior almost defeat Bandit Prince. I know that some of the DA foes are extremely difficult to beat.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Obregon wrote:
Well I just had my first DA victory ever and of course I had to wonder: anyone know the record for most DA victories by a non-Immortal? I'm guessing no more than two, but I'm open to being surprised.

I can't wait to see the fight result. My guy fortunately drew Black Orc as his foe. I recently had another warrior almost defeat Bandit Prince. I know that some of the DA foes are extremely difficult to beat.

We are pretty sure Doc Steele holds the record, but that may have been from an immortal.

We have had 4 from an immortal, way back in the days of DM40, Pandora and her Demons Of Death. The warrior was Heart Attack a ST.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to DA a new TP named Stain (11-11-13-11-17-8-13) prior to the last TOGS contest. He matched up and killed Dark Champion three times in a row. I thought it was funny though it put me behind schedule for having my team ready in time for the contest. He was killed easily on his fourth trip to the DA when he fought someone other than Dark Champion.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Black Orc is one of the easier ones, but obviously not a pushover.

My files show Black Orc as 15-21-1-13-17-17-15 SL

Looking over the SYP database, looks like Shewish Giant is actually the fluffiest DA monster in 81 (dying 9 tmes). He is followed by High Elf with 4 deaths.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
DeepThought
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Black Orc is one of the easier ones, but obviously not a pushover.

My files show Black Orc as 15-21-1-13-17-17-15 SL

Looking over the SYP database, looks like Shewish Giant is actually the fluffiest DA monster in 81 (dying 9 tmes). He is followed by High Elf with 4 deaths.

That is one teeny tiny orc...Miniature?

Blood and Sand DM-21
MSNBC DM-47
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeffy from 422 Crew in Arena 31 was sent to the DA 3 times because of a lost bet, and came back all 3 times.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

We are pretty sure Doc Steele holds the record, but that may have been from an immortal.

I believe that was with One Man Army.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard of another 4 DA victor from a non-immortal. I wouldn't be surprised if a warrior won 5 or even 6.
Dark_Angel
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
I've heard of another 4 DA victor from a non-immortal. I wouldn't be surprised if a warrior won 5 or even 6.

Given that 'knack' is so sought after, if had a guy come back from the DA (I never have) I'd have to give him a chance to prove himself. Even more so if it was multiple DA wins!! ...crappy stats with a great hidden string??? I'd have to find out, even at the expense of the team's record.

Obregon - this is a plea for your guy's life Smile Give hope a chance.

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys have inspired me.

I have a few warriors on tourney teams that have outlived their usefulness. They are 30+ FE and have no great future as ADM or Challengers, so I've started sending them to the Dark Arena.

Tackle Box, a scum TP in DM-12, has 3 Dark Arena victories
Able Brown, an active TP in DM-35, has 2 Dark Arena victories
Hull Scrubber, a ST in DM-12, has 1 Dark Arena victory

They are being helped along by lots of free turns due to winning 5 and 6 awards (beating the Dark Arena does good things for your recognition points). I'll keep at it and see what they are capable of!
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats a cool idea. i have several retired challenger level guys so why the heck not fight the DA Smile
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i gotta be honest, ive never had a warrior win a DA match, nor have i ever thought, until now, what i would do if i ever did. send him back i guess?

Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a striker in Arena 43 that survived 2 DA attempts in his first 2 fights - figured I ought to keep him around after that...

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark_Angel wrote:
Assurnasirbanipal wrote:

Given that 'knack' is so sought after, if had a guy come back from the DA (I never have) I'd have to give him a chance to prove himself. Even more so if it was multiple DA wins!! ...crappy stats with a great hidden string??? I'd have to find out, even at the expense of the team's record.

Obregon - this is a plea for your guy's life Smile Give hope a chance.

I had a WS that started 1-6 so I sent him to the DA and, I believe, he beat Black Orc. I decided he deserved to live. This was way back in like '86. He rounded out and became my 2nd ever graduate (Unlike Consortium I have a mere 45 graduates). He was the first to graduate when I came back around 2000 with a record of 20-20-2. This was back when Tobir was one of the tougher and deadliest arenas around. This is why I give my DA winners a pass for their life (I have yet to have one do so bad I had to send him back, they seem to be "inspired" at least for me).

I also almost DA'd Tobir's current DM Tippi Turtle. I went into a layoff for about 2 years from there. He stood at 3-4. He managed to rip off 18 wins in a row, my personal record for a warrior's consecutive wins, and now sits at 38-8-0. Even the threat of a DA inspired him!

The above labeled example WS ran with a new weapon,for him which in the end was not his favorite, and a different strategy. The way I use the DA now is to try a new weapon and strat; if they come back I end up with new ideas on how to run the warrior, and some new and fresh ways to run others.

That all said sometimes you can misjudge a warrior and they turn it around. The WS turned out not to be so "knacky" whereas the TP, Tippi Turtle, seems very knacky. So I say choose life for DA victors unless they are so woefully inadequate, ridiculously slow and wrong learns for it's style or to many trains getting it too far behind the curve to ever catch up (especially for tourney only warriors), that they could never even hope to be useful.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't agree more.... if a warrior comes back from the DA, they have earned the right to fight in the arena. They might not look like the best warrior in your stable at that time, but they've got some kind of moxie to come back from a night fight.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic