New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - College Football 2010 Thread!!!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kick off starts tonight! (Go Hawaii!!!) Here is my worthless Pre-Season Top 10:

1. Alabama
2. Boise State
3. Ohio State
4. Florida
5. Nebraska
6. Oregon
7. Virginia Tech
8. Oklahoma
9. Texas
10. Wisconsin

BCS National Championship: Ohio State vs. Nebraska
Sugar: Alabama vs. Miami
Orange: Florida vs. Virginia Tech
Rose: Wisconsin vs. Oregon
Fiesta: TCU vs. Texas
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We are too excited about the season to have our top ten. (or too embarrassed to post them thinking they might even be worse than Manager's. Wink ) What do WE really know anyway.

Now (top 5):
1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Virginia Tech
4. Wisconsin
5. Boise State

Final: Alabama blows out Oregon in the BCS finale'.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Va Tech on monday is going to end this boise state nonsense right off the bat so we don't have to hear about them again for the rest of the season.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Va Tech on monday is going to end this boise state nonsense right off the bat so we don't have to hear about them again for the rest of the season.

Yeah don't have high confidence in Boise this season, which is why I didn't put them in my BCS bowl games this year. (That said, last year's #4 team in the country returning all but one starter does deserve to start high in the pre-season)
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lane Kiffin reminds me of an old-school teenaged Duel2 manager in terms of (unjustified) arrogance.
Andarus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Upset special:

Next Saturday, Skip Holtz will take a young, talented, underrated South Florida team into the Swamp and give Florida their first non-conference home loss in forever!

(I know I'm looking at this through alumnus glasses, but it could happen. USF's starters aren't that far off from Florida's, talent-wise. We just don't have anywhere near the depth the stinking Gators do)
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

The best team in the nation from last year returns 21 of 22 players, and they're nonsense? lolololol
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Andarus wrote:
Upset special:

Next Saturday, Skip Holtz will take a young, talented, underrated South Florida team into the Swamp and give Florida their first non-conference home loss in forever!

(I know I'm looking at this through alumnus glasses, but it could happen. USF's starters aren't that far off from Florida's, talent-wise. We just don't have anywhere near the depth the stinking Gators do)

Bwahahahahaha!!

Carry on.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scruffy Puff wrote:
Tripwire wrote:

The best team in the nation from last year returns 21 of 22 players, and they're nonsense? lolololol

Best team? Not this argument again. They played 1 ranked team (#16) oregon and won by 6, barely beat tulsa during the regular season by 7 and let Nevada score 33 points on them. Thats pathetic. The bowl game they played another overrated team in TCU.

Get in there and play someone in a real football game instead of pop warner and I will give them respect. Until then they are just not top tier football.
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

Get in there and play someone in a real football game instead of pop warner and I will give them respect. Until then they are just not top tier football.

Ah, the ol' "they don't play anybody" argument. Yawn...

Since you want to manipulate stats, at the end of the season, Oregon was ranked 7th and TCU was ranked 4th. They both suffered losses to Boise State. On the other hand, Alabama barely beat unranked Tennessee 12-10 and unranked Auburn 26-21. THAT is pathetic!

Don't hate the player, hate the corrupt system that doesn't allow anyone outside the four biggest financial conferences contend for a "title."
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok so lets check out who the 2 teams you selected play this year.

Alabama plays #19 Penn State, #17 Arkansas, #4 Florida, #21 LSU, #22 Auburn, then if they win the conference the conference championship.

Boise Pop Warner plays #10 VTech, #24 Oregon State and I am pretty sure they will lose 2 of their first 3 games.

Thats it, then a bowl game.

I am just sick of people placing these teams that play no one all year long into top tier bowls. At least they had the sense to put them against TCU, someone they could beat last year. I wish they would have played Alabama. It would have been an embarassment to football.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this article kind of sums of my feelings about Boise State (and their dilemma)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13874165/weekend-watch-list-boise-states-gone-from-loveable-to-loathed

College Football is a sport where people hate underdogs and entitlement and elitism rule. Boise's rise today (to me) is no different than Miami in the 80's. For whatever reason it takes years and years to be accepted.

Quote:
I wish they would have played Alabama. It would have been an embarassment to football.

Like it was for Utah? The non-AQ teams are 3-1 in BCS bowl games against BCS opponents. Certainly better than the ACC's recent performance.

Quote:
Alabama plays #19 Penn State, #17 Arkansas, #4 Florida, #21 LSU, #22 Auburn, then if they win the conference the conference championship.

And they are frequently rewarded for it as the SEC gets by far the biggest leeway when it comes to the polls. Not unusual for a 2-loss SEC team to play for the MNC.

Last edited by Managerr on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

I am just sick of people placing these teams that play no one all year long into top tier bowls. At least they had the sense to put them against TCU, someone they could beat last year. I wish they would have played Alabama. It would have been an embarassment to football.

Like when Alabama played Pop Warner Utah in 2009? You're probably right. It would have been an embarrassment to football. Or at least the SEC. Again.

And if we're playing "that" game (which is a silly way to compare teams), let's see where Auburn, LSU, Penn State, Arkansas finish at the end of the year.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scruffy Puff wrote:
And if we're playing "that" game (which is a silly way to compare teams), let's see where Auburn, LSU, Penn State, Arkansas finish at the end of the year.

I agree, after getting beat by other SEC opponents they will probably lose rankings.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
College Football is a sport where people hate underdogs and entitlement and elitism rule. Boise's rise today (to me) is no different than Miami in the 80's. For whatever reason it takes years and years to be accepted.

As it should be. Put in the time where you play good opponents again and again. Get into a better conference where your level of play will be determined by your opponents strength. Not by simply winning games against far inferior teams.

Boise State will NEVER be a top tier program until they get into a better conference, which is what they can do, but choose not to.

They are a flash in the pan that will be gone soon.

If there is one thing I wish for it would be some sort of playoff. Then there would be no doubt if a team deserves to be there.

Top 8 Ranked teams at the end of the year, regardless of conference. #1 plays #8, etc..

Heck for those that like the bowls simply use them in the "BCS 8" rotation.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic