New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - No Tourney ADM Arena
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's going to be a small, barely-populated arena, I suspect. Marmaduke suggested allowing warriors with "minimum" tourney experience.

If this was allowed, what would the cut off be? 10FE? 20FE? 30FE?

I like 10FE or less; ZERO preferentially. That might fit a couple of fighters I had that were sent in to just one tourney... but that's it. On the other hand, more than 10FE and it seems like just any other arena. Any other opinions?

Oh, and how is RSI going to feel about printing out reams of old fighters so that guys like me (who have tossed out a lot of decades-old stuff) going to sort through their ancient warriors and see who (if anyone) fits the criteria?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am definately in also. I would just have to get a full list of my adm guys to see who hasn't run in tournaments. I may have unknowingly waaaaay back when ran a few bashers and whatnot before I knew anything about the game, but I have no clue so would just have to match up the FE with the records I guess.

Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
It's going to be a small, barely-populated arena, I suspect. Marmaduke suggested allowing warriors with "minimum" tourney experience.

I like 10FE or less; ZERO preferentially. That might fit a couple of fighters I had that were sent in to just one tourney... but that's it. On the other hand, more than 10FE and it seems like just any other arena. Any other opinions?

Oh, and how is RSI going to feel about printing out reams of old fighters so that guys like me (who have tossed out a lot of decades-old stuff) going to sort through their ancient warriors and see who (if anyone) fits the criteria?
This is just my opinion, I think no tourney means exactly that. So I would be against any tourney FE.

I feel this arena could really take off. I'm sure there are alot of warriors out there which are retired that would unretire for something like this. I think we could name the arena "Favre". Laughing

RSI doesn't have to print out alot of reams, just ask for mini-overviews to be emailed to you.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
KidArcane wrote:

This is just my opinion, I think no tourney means exactly that. So I would be against any tourney FE.

I feel this arena could really take off. I'm sure there are alot of warriors out there which are retired that would unretire for something like this. I think we could name the arena "Favre". Laughing

RSI doesn't have to print out alot of reams, just ask for mini-overviews to be emailed to you.

I agree. I think no-tourney mean no-tourney. If there was a big push for it I could possibly see letting in those with 2-3 FE, but I would prefer not.

Ok, I love the name "Favre." That did make me laugh.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree as well, no tourney!

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even though I have no prospects to send there, I'd think it should be all-or-nothing. It may take a bit longer to get rolling that way, as people like me would have to depend on the 81 crew.

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I echo what has already been stated.....No Tourney means no Tourney (in my humble opinion).

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have 3 but can't afford to start them until after TW7 ends.

My vote is 0 tourney 0 prizes period, in my mumble opinion

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

And when does TW7 end?
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
gentleben wrote:

And when does TW7 end?

OCT is the last turn

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

List updated. If I missed you, let me know and I'll add you.

Elephant -- you'll be sending 4 Wink

Kid Arcane -- No Tourney 100%

Scruffy Puff -- how many?

Gentleben -- I'm going to assume after the next split, so the TW should be over then. I put you down for 3 Very Happy

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will have to get mini's but I am pretty sure I have at least 3.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Elephant wrote:
KidArcane wrote:

I agree. I think no-tourney mean no-tourney. If there was a big push for it I could possibly see letting in those with 2-3 FE, but I would prefer not.

If there is a vote on names for the arena I would not cast it for Favre, I like the guy but just not enough to name an arena after him. My vote would be to name it after the manager that died from 47 that they are using in place of North Fork right now TEMPLE OF ABARSIS ARENA, then there will be a premanant memorial for him. Some people in North Fork want their arena name back anyway.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque, after another look, I'm guesing 3. I may fight a 4th(Mustang Boss) from time to time.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Elephant wrote:
KidArcane wrote:

If there is a vote on names for the arena I would not cast it for Favre, I like the guy but just not enough to name an arena after him. My vote would be to name it after the manager that died from 47 that they are using in place of North Fork right now TEMPLE OF ABARSIS ARENA, then there will be a premanant memorial for him. Some people in North Fork want their arena name back anyway.

"Favre" made me laugh, but I wouldn't actually want the arena named after him. I'm a Viking fan and Favre is painful in multiple ways. But it was funny.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic