New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Maxxed Tier of Competition
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RascallyRabbit wrote:
I say bring back the FE Bug, that'll liven things up in Primus Twisted Evil

you will definately have to elaborate RR

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:
I never have liked the idea of any of ADM arena being allowed to challenge Dark Arena NPC's.

Didn't they just do a Gateway style turn in Primus a few months ago, where everyone fights Gate NPC's and say that it is likely to happen again from time to time?

They did.
It was "interesting", but was a mere fickle blip in our excitement.

We, too, like Visionist, are not in favor of the challenge NPC's rather than competition.

We, too, Just as Master Darque said, chose not to respond to this thread, because it has been discussed so many times before on this site, and because it is not going to happen, and just because.

so your saying even if there were stipulations to challenging NPC's, like the guy thats in the throne not having the option to do so......you still wouldnt be in favor of it?

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khorvinus wrote:
RascallyRabbit wrote:
I say bring back the FE Bug, that'll liven things up in Primus Twisted Evil

you will definately have to elaborate RR

If I remember correctly it would have been at the Baltimore FTF when I joined BOB. There was a problem with the FE counters where a number of top tiered warriors rolled over and there was a surprise TC (King Crabs) and a number of unexpected TV's (my guy's Ashnak, and Ronin Smile )

If they brought this back as a feature in Primus tournies, it would definitely liven things up Rolling Eyes

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Khorvinus wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:
I never have liked the idea of any of ADM arena being allowed to challenge Dark Arena NPC's.

Didn't they just do a Gateway style turn in Primus a few months ago, where everyone fights Gate NPC's and say that it is likely to happen again from time to time?

They did.

We, too, like Visionist, are not in favor of the challenge NPC's rather than competition.

We, too, Just as Master Darque said, chose not to respond to this thread, because it has been discussed so many times before on this site, and because it is not going to happen, and just because.

so your saying even if there were stipulations to challenging NPC's, like the guy thats in the throne not having the option to do so......you still wouldnt be in favor of it?

Not in favor.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Khorvinus wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:

They did.

Not in favor.

Khor, Consortium is a purist as are some others. This is why there is even a no tourney arena and a proposed no tourney adm. Each person plays in their own way which is fine. I personally like to fight the monsters sometimes. The reality is my primus guys are just trying to max out. Most fights I barely read, though when they allowed us to fight the monster a few months back I read every line. So for me it added excitement back to the top. Not everyone feels this way and to each his own. However what would excite me the most would be if they fixed all styles to be competitive at the top...oh pipe dream
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Khorvinus wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:

They did.

Not in favor.

Khor, Consortium is a purist as are some others. This is why there is even a no tourney arena and a proposed no tourney adm. Each person plays in their own way which is fine. I personally like to fight the monsters sometimes. The reality is my primus guys are just trying to max out. Most fights I barely read, though when they allowed us to fight the monster a few months back I read every line. So for me it added excitement back to the top. Not everyone feels this way and to each his own. However what would excite me the most would be if they fixed all styles to be competitive at the top...oh pipe dream

I agree with most of this. Fighting the gatemonsters brought some added excitement to Primus but I think allowing Primus warriors to challenge the DA would create an avenue whereby some could avoid fighting others in the arena. Thus eliminating some of the natural competitiveness from of the arena. This is what makes the game interesting for myself and I am sure others. As TGG says, it is far more important to fix the styles.....

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't it a bit of an issue in Gateway when a certain warrior or two would get on the throne and then constantly challenge the Gate and avoid fighting any contenders for turns on end?

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will say that I think that the Bottle Neck is as loose as it has ever been right now. It definitely has never been more possible to TC Primus. (And getting to #1 in the arena is totally do-able if you look at the puds currently in the Top 11)

Back in my day, not only did we have to deal with a much lower minimum training percentage, but you had managers like Carapace and Doc Steele who had legions of top contenders, and your guy had to go through all of their wingmen and then hope you didn't have enough losses to try and win a TC.

These days, the minimum training rate is a lot higher and no one manager controls more than a couple of TC contenders and thus is pulling a huge match-up advantage in tournaments. With "parking until you TC" becoming the new vogue way to develop your warriors in ADM too, a warrior that wants to go straight to the top can even jump in line pretty fast these days.

Not to say that the issue won't be revisited one day--I think many of us live in fear of the day TMM's Eligible and Contenders dominance becomes Primus dominance--but just wanted to give some hope to those who think it's an impossible situation.
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr, I think you're ridiculous... It's much more difficult to TC Primus these days, and if you do TC, you are obviously the most elite of the elite. I feel anyone who has TC'd Primus recently should be revered, and sung about in taverns across the land... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I will say that I think that the Bottle Neck is as loose as it has ever been right now. It definitely has never been more possible to TC Primus. (And getting to #1 in the arena is totally do-able if you look at the puds currently in the Top 11)

Back in my day, not only did we have to deal with a much lower minimum training percentage, but you had managers like Carapace and Doc Steele who had legions of top contenders, and your guy had to go through all of their wingmen and then hope you didn't have enough losses to try and win a TC.

These days, the minimum training rate is a lot higher and no one manager controls more than a couple of TC contenders and thus is pulling a huge match-up advantage in tournaments. With "parking until you TC" becoming the new vogue way to develop your warriors in ADM too, a warrior that wants to go straight to the top can even jump in line pretty fast these days.

Not to say that the issue won't be revisited one day--I think many of us live in fear of the day TMM's Eligible and Contenders dominance becomes Primus dominance--but just wanted to give some hope to those who think it's an impossible situation.

I think your missing the point here. It may be easier to TC Primus as you say, but you will only ever do it with an AB. Your favorite (insert any other style here) CANNOT TC Primus. I agree that it is easier to raise someone to that level, but for me its still the AB dominance that's the problem.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I think your missing the point here. It may be easier to TC Primus as you say, but you will only ever do it with an AB. Your favorite (insert any other style here) CANNOT TC Primus. I agree that it is easier to raise someone to that level, but for me its still the AB dominance that's the problem.

The original thread was about the bottle neck at the top end, nothing to do with AB's. They are two separate issues as far as I'm concerned.

That said, back in the day, you could make the same argument for Lungers. I won my Primus TC's because I took a risk. Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't. If you are just starting out now, you have no idea what it's going to be like 5-10 years from now.

Quote:
I feel anyone who has TC'd Primus recently should be revered, and sung about in taverns across the land...

Of course the exception was the last Primus TC, which was of course, a herculean task....
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow, I am sad that this is turning into a bitch fest about whats wrong with D2. Thus I hope this thread ends here. The only reason i created this post was so that ideas could be thrown around about the bottle neck at the top of Primus, whether they would ever come to light or not didnt matter. So i guess i hit the nail on the head about most, if not all being numb to this type of subject, and not once did i say anything about aimers directly. all i said was that I wasnt the "if ya cant beat em, join em" type, though i do have a couple that will be beast in ADM, if they get there.

If anything, remember this guys, no matter how much time you've put in, money you've spent, or how much you contributed to this game...its is still and always will be til they shut it down, a game.......so have fun with it.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont sweat it Khor, we always bicker like this...like brothers that fight all the time...we're still a big nerdy family for the most part, even though we dont all agree on everything. As for the top Manager is right you can max out faster but it still takes years and years to do. Also AB is the biggest log jam at the top. Most people have given up on running anything but lungers and aimers at the top, and lungers are becoming scarcer as well. Yes a new aimer might come along and wine but an aimer by any other name is still an aimer.
TGG
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Didn't Kellumbo have a TP in the 2nd spot in primus for awhile not to long ago?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Didn't Kellumbo have a TP in the 2nd spot in primus for awhile not to long ago?

meh - that's the arena. Wake me up when a TP makes round 10 of a tourney

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic