New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Maxxed Tier of Competition
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Didn't Kellumbo have a TP in the 2nd spot in primus for awhile not to long ago?

TMM's PS Cartman was The Lady's Protector in the Primus arena, briefly. I don't think Cartman can get past 5 rounds in the Primus tournament, however.

Still, I imagine it was quite satisfying achieving that goal.
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
gentleben wrote:
Didn't Kellumbo have a TP in the 2nd spot in primus for awhile not to long ago?

meh - that's the arena. Wake me up when a TP makes round 10 of a tourney

Not going to happen anytime soon. I have a PR that is even a former Primus TC (or whatever the top end was at the time). Up thru Nashville (my last tourney before I took a break) I could even expect a TV 2 out of 3 tournies. But now he's 5 and out.

I do have a Doc LeGrande LU (formerly Pontif Pelican) that recently finished all his learns/trains, that has been highly modified. I've been told he has all the right boxes checked to be semi-competitive at the top. So expect to see me experimenting in Primus (Arena & Tourny) for the next couple of years.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this isn't a thread jack (I don't think it is because it is on topic), but what do the principle parties that a logjam fix would affect think about any changes? Are they in favor or violently opposed?

Principle parties would be people that it would directly affect: TMM, TUM, Jiles, Chief I., Manager, (should I include Hombre in this list now Wink ). If I'm forgetting anyone sorry, I just looked at round 9 of the last FtF.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a 3 letter name too you know.... LHI.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all... anything that gets rid of TUM's ABs while leaving Sebastian would get my support Smile

The solution that is being grasped for is retirement. That is really what all of this comes down to.

The way I think of things is that the Primus tournament is the dumping group for all of the crazy warriors. That is where they go to duke it out.

And for Contenders... there is automatic promotion to the Primus tourney (the next class up) when someone TCs... so there is your "retirement".

If I were to make a change it would be to push the contenders line up a little higher and space the lower ADM tourneys out a little more. With the HUGE HUGE HUGE AB classification NERF that came out earlier this year things are much better for all the tourneys other than Primus.

Primus is what it is. When you have an AB you can dump a prize or two on you can be competitive. In reality a perfect natural AB could be very competitive in Primus. It would just take the right warrior. And some decent matchups.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic