New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - ADM Regional Tourney 2011!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Mannequin wrote:
If you're looking for a few more bodies I might be able to help you fill some spots though it's not likely that it will make the team stronger. The majority of my guys are pretty young and green.

Mannequin

If you aren't planning on joining another region, Home Guard would love to have you. Young and green is one of our specialties (old and grey being the other one).

REALLY old and grey Crysalis could use you, Mannequin.
The recruitment division of The Consortium

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB .... I have probably 15-20 guys presently parked in home guard .... Just let me know and I'll activate them. But just like mannequin my warriors may do more harm than good.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are in HG for a reason, low skilled or just slow learners are what populate HG for the most part. Pick out a few of your best and send them in.

We didn't have a PR in the arena, so I sent one in last turn to fill that style if need be.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After look at my minis ... I have AB , ST , LU , SL , WS , PL , BA ,and PR in home guard at the moment. Pretty sure i can fill in the other 2 styles from other regionals if needed.
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I've activated some of my warriors that are in 103 and 104, and will wait to see how they pan out as to which region I join.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RascallyRabbit wrote:
So I've activated some of my warriors that are in 103 and 104, and will wait to see how they pan out as to which region I join.

You might join with Manager? What kind of flip flop is this..how can you be Andorian and Freeblades. Didnt know Manager hired mercenaries to fight his Andorian battles for him. Well since he knows he can't beat the freeblades straight up I guess he would be out trying to recruit non andorians to join his team Razz
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
RascallyRabbit wrote:

You might join with Manager? What kind of flip flop is this..how can you be Andorian and Freeblades. Didnt know Manager hired mercenaries to fight his Andorian battles for him. Well since he knows he can't beat the freeblades straight up I guess he would be out trying to recruit non andorians to join his team Razz

Well, of course. It IS Manager. Hasn't he tried recruiting you? Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
RascallyRabbit wrote:

I was going to say something here but since you're proxying for me I'll be nice, 104 is Delarquan.

I activated both warriors because my warrior in 103 is a LU (Unforgettable), and while he is parked at the top of Eligibles, he's not a shoe-in for a slot on the regional team (as you pointed out). So I figured that just to be safe I'd activate Rascally Rabbit in Darkholm for a number of reasons, #1 - he's also parked at the top of eligibles, #2 - I'm sure he'll be the stylemaster for his style, #3 - because of his fav's he has an outside chance of hitting Aimers and Lungers (now that I'm starting to learn what to do), #4 - since nothing is permanent during the regionals I can bust out his 21 WT for the extra skills (then park him for the next regionals and do it again Wink )

The reality is though that I will be running Unforgettable for Freeblades in the regionals if he is selected (GO FREEBLADES!!!!)

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blame RSI for me saying 104 was an Andorian as it has an A by it when you check the newsletters. Never bothered to look at the name of the arena...my mistake Smile
Wretch
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well an email from Crip has brought me out of hibernation. I just finished reading and recording 10 months worth of turns I had let pile up. I should have new strats next turn and hope to compete for Crysalis if needed. I might even make a return to a regular arena or two.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wretch wrote:
Well an email from Crip has brought me out of hibernation. I just finished reading and recording 10 months worth of turns I had let pile up. I should have new strats next turn and hope to compete for Crysalis if needed. I might even make a return to a regular arena or two.

Welcome back to Crysalis!
Glad to have you back.

RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, who has their Freeblades turn (I don't want to spoil anyone)

I'm going to gripe anyway, Unforgettable fought and didn't get listed anywhere in the automated portion of the Newsletter. The only place he was listed was in the "REPORT FROM WITHIN THE TOWER" which I'm guessing is not computer generated.

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That happens all the time. I cant tell you hwo many times my guys from 100 and 103 get left off the list..but figure if I'm not there people forget to challenge me......however I still challenge them Smile
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
That happens all the time. I cant tell you hwo many times my guys from 100 and 103 get left off the list..but figure if I'm not there people forget to challenge me......however I still challenge them Smile

Well this time I'm abit piqued about it. He would have been Style Master instead of some loser named Red Baron... Wink

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I haven't even looked at the overall rules yet, so I haven't seen how this thing is being won this year, but I thought with 11 warriors (DM/9 Stylemasters/1WC), each a round robin between each regional could be used to come up with the winning region. That way, it's not down to one warrior, rather it is a team effort (sort of like the Primus this last year)

Ack, you needed to suggest this 2 years ago in the post-mortem suggestions thread. It's hard enough to get RSI cooperation now, they might strangle me if I change the rules at the last second when (I think) a lot of the tourney is supposed to be automated this year....

Quote:
Well, of course. It IS Manager. Hasn't he tried recruiting you? Wink

Of course not, I wanted to win!

Quote:
Well since he knows he can't beat the freeblades straight up

You mean, other than last time we beat free blades straight up. Razz
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic