New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Idea?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I read through the rollup discussion I always read how people say, "Yeah, I had that rollup once". So, although large there is a finite pool, so I was thinking is there a way to still add some "flavor" to warrior rollups?

What about if it still worked the same, you get a 70 point rollup, you add 14 and submit it. But, as part of the actual generation of the final warrior they got one extra stat point added to a random attribute, except for size? So the overview sheet you get back would be an 85 point warrior, but you get no say in the final point that is added. And, allow for that to be able to go over 21. So, if you had a 21 WT warrior and they were lucky enough to get their random stat point in WT, then you would have a 22 WT guy.

My guess is RSI would never go for this. I imagine it would require major software changes to support. But, I think it would be a really cool twist to warrior generation.

Thoughts?

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
DeepThought
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, RSI would not go for that. I don't know why there is a limited assortment of RUs. I wish they were completely random.

Blood and Sand DM-21
MSNBC DM-47
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DeepThought wrote:
I wish they were completely random.

I agree, I don't know why they don't have them generated when the need arrises

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I understand replacements are random... but new teams are from a static pool. But I don't know of anyone ever getting any kind of rollup that could be trip 21 WT, WL, DF.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding the reason Roll-ups are limited - I imagine it has to do with the control codes for the roll-ups. Each roll-up has a control code that corresponds to it - to prevent fraudulent roll-ups from being validated by the system. Otherwise, someone could just forge their own custom roll-up and send it in.

As for the 21 wt, wl, dft glad, apparently Lugal_gg had one so it must be possible.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adoede wrote:
Regarding the reason Roll-ups are limited - I imagine it has to do with the control codes for the roll-ups. Each roll-up has a control code that corresponds to it - to prevent fraudulent roll-ups from being validated by the system. Otherwise, someone could just forge their own custom roll-up and send it in.

As for the 21 wt, wl, dft glad, apparently Lugal_gg had one so it must be possible.

Well, artificially possible, IOW a Design-Your-Own or stat-switch from a TC prize.

KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The idea has merit, but in a limited fashion. HOWEVER..... suppose a group of managers wanted to play in an arena where they only were able to place only 10 of the 14 points added to the original randomly-generated core? Or perhaps, only 7 pts? Something along that line. The computer adds the missing points -- somewhere. Hhhhmmmm.

NOW it gets sorta interesting, but it can also be INCREDIBLY frustrating, I imagine. Lots of randomness means quite a loss of control. Choosing a style becomes a gamble, assuming one chooses it PRIOR to the computer randomly adding the other 4 (or seven?) points across the spectrum. Wink

Hhhhmmm. Maybe for a new kind of 'special' tourney -- call it the Tourney of Fools!!! Run the thing next April 1st. Reminiscent of the gladiatorial entertainment practice of blindfolding felons/prisoners and forcing them to fight in the arena by prodding them with hot irons in the direction you want them to go... Twisted Evil

I am, despite myself, starting to warm to this idea!! I haven't entered a tourney in years, but THIS would be something I would have to try -- at least ONCE.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic