New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - No Tourney ADM Inaugural Turn
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Terminator wrote:
I sent a request to the ladies to transfer all my 81 graduates to the new arena, but haven't heard or received anything yet. As such, I will likely be missing the first turn.
I'm sure you can send strats in for all of them and put "new" on their ids.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Emailed in transfer for 3 warriors last week and mailed in strategies. A fourth warrior will arrive after turn one. I am curious if I will be the only manager with no warriors from Shadowspire and yes I am absolutely sure that they have not participated in a tourney.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Terminator wrote:
I sent a request to the ladies to transfer all my 81 graduates to the new arena, but haven't heard or received anything yet. As such, I will likely be missing the first turn.

If you send in the strategies, they will get moved and fight.

Why put "new"? They use the same ID#.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Suave
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Transferred and sent strategies for 10. None of them are from 81. Looking forward to this.
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Elephant wrote:
Terminator wrote:

If you send in the strategies, they will get moved and fight.

Why put "new"? They use the same ID#.
The reason I said to put "new" is because there was some question if the warriors had been transfered over to 107. If they hadn't and you used your ID, then they will run in the arena they are currently in.

I received email confirmation that mine have been trasfered so, I will used current ID.
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent an email, and have not received a response yet, but still sent in strats for 2 and just put 107 and even highlighted it... I'm crossing my fingers.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I transferred 18 over to 107 and sent in strats for 4 along with it. I just did it like a normal turn, so we'll see. Haven't heard anything back from Lee, but nothing really to hear at this point except the turn has run.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
I transferred 18 over to 107 and sent in strats for 4 along with it. I just did it like a normal turn, so we'll see. Haven't heard anything back from Lee, but nothing really to hear at this point except the turn has run.
18? Wow. 6 here which will probably go down to 5 after the first turn and 4 just before mail-in(transfering one out).
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Darque wrote:
18? Wow. 6 here which will probably go down to 5 after the first turn and 4 just before mail-in(transfering one out).

Yeah, was going to be 20, but I ran two aimers at the FtF. I think of the 4 that I'm running, only 1 is from 81 (Fan Zhen) the others are from 45 and I think 50.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I should have 3 active (3 more than promised). I ended up sending all my retired warriors that qualify to the arena, but they are still retired (just short of Darque's total)

As with everyone else, I am depending on highlights and notes to ensure everything goes as planned.

I also activated two in DM 100 that only need to die once in order to qualify. They are fighting without armor, protecting limbs, and have a 10KD in desperation.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sporadic internet access can really mess with your game plan . . .

I am only now getting my turn sheet in the mail - probably too late. But I did email RSI and ask to have warriors transferred in and some fought using maintenance strategies. terminator and others who have "missed the turn" - consider doing this as well. They should be able to put your warriors in using the strategies you used for their last turn, even if that was in basic.

If that does work I will fight 5 on the first turn, although I expect the 3-4 I promised will be my normal number. I did transfer in a total of 14 warriors, but they won't all fight.

I'm looking forward to it.
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

two that only need to die once to qualify? If they have fought in a tourney, they have fought in a tourney. I get what you're trying to say but if this gets allowed what next? Can I slap prizes on my warriors? It's a 'no-tourney' arena, not a 'no prize' arena so I guess so...

Although I shouldnt care Assur, since those warriors are just going to be bashers... Very Happy
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
two that only need to die once to qualify? If they have fought in a tourney, they have fought in a tourney. I get what you're trying to say but if this gets allowed what next? Can I slap prizes on my warriors? It's a 'no-tourney' arena, not a 'no prize' arena so I guess so...

Although I shouldnt care Assur, since those warriors are just going to be bashers... Very Happy

Perhaps it'd be better to call it the no hidden FE arena, since that is what it will really be.

There is no tourney entry flag on warriors, so RSI can't tell the difference between a warrior that has fought 50 arena fights and never entered a tourney and a warrior with 50 arena fights (including a death in the DA on his final basic fight) and a single 0-2 tourney. (and deaths in ADM will further nullify tourney FE for purposes of comparison)

Warriors will be eligible if all of the following are true:
1) FE <= Arena Fights
2) Not modified with a prize (including arena contest prizes)
3?) Has never TV'd or TC'd. I'm not positive if RSI can check this one or not, but I think they can.
4) Eligible or lower.

It should be 100% true that no warrior in the arena will have hidden FE. How they got to their current FE total is a moot point, because all RSI can look at is the FE and the Arena Fights.

I'd be more worried about a warrior that slips through the modification criteria (was modified without the flag getting set). I have no clue how good RSI is about setting the modification flag and most modified warriors are entering tourneys so the number that could sneak in is probably a very small number.

----
This arena will succeed or fail based on player support. It's going to be better for everyone if there are more players and warriors in this arena.
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From RSI: All warriors who have never fought in a tournament and are not prize-modified are welcome to join in the competition in this new ADM arena!
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

seriously: i caught myself reading this thread and thinking, "i wonder when they'll have a no-tourney tournament---"

derrr....

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic