New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - No Tourney ADM Arena
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been in discussion for a while, but its now time to fish or cut bait.

Lee said this project will be a go with 10-15 manager and 30+ warriors. So, we need 10 managers with 3 warriors or 15 managers offering to send 2 warriors or any variation thereof:

If interested, reply to the thread with the number of warriors that you will be sending. I'll update it as people respond. I'll answer questions as best I can, but the wait time may be how long it takes Lee to respond to me. When we meet the goal, I'll let Lee know and she'll take care of the rest.

If you aren't interested in this, no need to reply.

Running Totals

MANAGERS -- 13
WARRIORS -- 38

MANAGER - NUMBER OF WARRIORS

Elephant -- 3
Floyd -- 2
Gentleben -- 3
Hombre -- 1
OAB -- 2
Master Darque -- 3
Nomad -- 3
Rascally Rabbit -- 1
Scruffy Puff -- 2
Suave -- 10
Tripwire -- 3
Vanek -- 2
Visionist -- 3

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83

Last edited by Darque on Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 am; edited 5 times in total
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you put warriors from other arenas as long as they have never been to a tourney nor have been prize modified in anyway?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Can you put warriors from other arenas as long as they have never been to a tourney nor have been prize modified in anyway?

At last discussion with Lee, any warrior with ZERO (0) tourney fights and ZERO (0) prize modifications can enter the arena.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Questions...

1) Is this only available to warriors who have never fought in a tourney? I could support this, but of the 6 I'd consider sending, only 1 has ZERO tourney experience. Three were only entered into a single tourney each. The big problem I see is that too many managers augment their arena experience with tourney experience. Maybe an FE Cap for warriors that would like to participate? (Example: This could be either a pure FE cap (max tourney FE) or a percentage cap: Total FE can be no greater than 5-10% more than your total arena record)

2) Originally the answer to #1 was Zero Tourney experience. Do arena deaths negate tourney experience? Suppose a warrior's FE is equal or lower than his arena record, though he has fought in a tourney (3-3 single tourney, 3 career deaths). Doesn't help me (on the warriors I'd want to send), but it might help others.

3) Would we still receive minis showing the warriors' tourney class if they were in another advanced arena?

4) Can warriors be transferred in and out of this no tourney arena at normal splits opportunities?
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
Questions...

1) Is this only available to warriors who have never fought in a tourney? I could support this, but of the 6 I'd consider sending, only 1 has ZERO tourney experience. Three were only entered into a single tourney each. The big problem I see is that too many managers augment their arena experience with tourney experience. Maybe an FE Cap for warriors that would like to participate? (Example: This could be either a pure FE cap (max tourney FE) or a percentage cap: Total FE can be no greater than 5-10% more than your total arena record)

2) Originally the answer to #1 was Zero Tourney experience. Do arena deaths negate tourney experience? Suppose a warrior's FE is equal or lower than his arena record, though he has fought in a tourney (3-3 single tourney, 3 career deaths). Doesn't help me (on the warriors I'd want to send), but it might help others.

3) Would we still receive minis showing the warriors' tourney class if they were in another advanced arena?

4) Can warriors be transferred in and out of this no tourney arena at normal splits opportunities?

1) Yes, only warriors that have never fought in a tourney. Lee will be listing FE in the NL as a check for every one concerning FE.

2) The FE has to be equal to the W/L record. No tourneys, living or dead.

3) Yes. Will check with Lee on this one, but nothing else should change apart from being in a tourney free environment.

4) Yes.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
1) Yes, only warriors that have never fought in a tourney. Lee will be listing FE in the NL as a check for every one concerning FE.

2) The FE has to be equal to the W/L record. No tourneys, living or dead.

I can't participate then. I spent too much of my career sending arena warriors to tourneys for extra skills. Even now I still have warriors that I augment with tourney experience.

But it sounds like a warrior COULD enter if he has died enough to erase his tourney FE. I think I have 4 warriors that entered a single tourney, but have died enough to erase the FE added. Two of the 6 I'd want to send only need one more death to qualify.
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While I think the idea is intriguing I am not sure I would be able to participate. Much like Assur I frequently augment guys with tourny experience, and my guys from 81 who are worth it will fight in 100 post grad.

I think there are a few solutions or ideas that could be interesting here. 1. List FE of every warrior in every arena; not sure this levels the field much, but it does give extra information while strategizing (spelling looks wrong).2. Would you wish a Primus of non-tourny guys eventually? 3. Are there limitations on transferring out? 4. Maybe there should be a second non-tourny regular fast arena.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. Again, I tend to fight frequently in ADM, but I fight those who I plan to keep running, otherwise they head into retirement. I am not sure opening up a non-tourny ADM arena brings an incentive to spend money on guys I wouldn't use in tournaments.

I do not understand why people fret about ADM so much. It is not that hard to compete there. My 2 81 guys worth running do fairly well; and my overall record is pretty good.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in for atleast 3....I currently have 13 warriors eligible for this arena.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have two warriors that are eligible for this arena. I'll send them there if it gets started.

However, they each have an untouched 20 WL, so the more time that passes, the more likely I am to bust them out in some Freshman or ADM tourney instead.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sure I have a ton of warriors eligible that I retired and didn't send to tourneys I just can't remember if I sent them or not!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad -- 3 (Probably 4, but will commit to 3)

Two additional questions:
1. Is this a slow arena? (I'm ok with that, in fact prefer it.) One of the other posts suggested it was, but I'm not sure if it has been stated.
2. I might even have a runnable warrior or two I could give to a manager who wanted into the arena, but didn't yet have anyone eligible. Nothing special, but enough to have a chance and have some reasons to like them.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would, but the only ADM guys I have all have tourney experience, albiet ages and ages ago. My recent graduates aren't worth running.

Now, IF I can just graduate a few from Shadowspire, and send them on to a NON-Tourney ADM, then yes, I would run them.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, we might just start a whole new class of warrior elite: the non-tourney, non-prize modified, gladiator.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would without doubt want to run my 81 grads (yet to happen) in a non-tourney ADM.

Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always been very interested in a non-tourney ADM arena. I have never played ADM before, but would certainly commit at least 2 to start to see how I like it. I have at least 5 or 6 graduates from Shadowspire that I'd love to pull out of retirement to run again.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic