New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 120
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn! I hope I got my turn in time today (I phoned it in this morning). I thought I had sent it in with my HW stuff earlier last week but found it below some football papers :sigh:

Work 6 days a week, get off at 5PM, football practice Mon-Fri 530 to 800 get home at 9PM after coaches meetings etc. Get to bed around midnight after getting schedule for next day ready (head coach).

Gonna be a long football season!

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I again will run on maintenance I think. I have not sent in a single thing since the face.

Please no killing my guys. Meh, who am I kidding they suck, kill away.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I predict I'll be involved in two bloodfeuds, and hopefully a new duelmaster.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant, thanks for the "call out" in the newsletter.

They say that any "advertisement" is good, but we wonder as that ad was a little testy.

We can only say that all of what you say is not close to truth, in our opinion.

We hope you get over your anger some day.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got 81 today (still no 5 or 47), and none of my predictions came true.

First, I need to apologize to Tripwire about the Benedict challenge. It was a typo -- I was supposed to be bloodfeuding Patroclus (1410) and it was misread or miswritten as Benedict (1470). I was also supposed to be bloodfeuding Corvette with someone else, but it didn't go through. Is there a rule about who can bloodfeud the duelmaster? I really doubt he was avoiding me.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto... Been a while since I have had to BF a duelmaster but I think you have to challenge with at least a CC class warrior for it to go thru. I could be wrong though .. Hopefully a smart person chimes in ...
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
Otto... Been a while since I have had to BF a duelmaster but I think you have to challenge with at least a CC class warrior for it to go thru. I could be wrong though .. Hopefully a smart person chimes in ...

Words from many unsmart and nerdy others - need to be a CC to BF the DM. Smart Floyd1 is correct.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2-3-0-1 for me.

I lost my 5 Deft Lunger, no biggie.

Now to start the next 81 controversy . . . who to send for the blood feud?!?!

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2-3-0 on mostly my last minute challenges! I should have just run random!

As far as the DC, don't worry about it. It was a legal challenge and I don't cry over stuff like that.

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2-2 on Maintenance, should be back next turn.

I never did comment on all the fiascos, and maybe that is best. I will say that I like both managers very much, and that I hope this is resolved soon and with a sorry from both sides. A brief hug, and maybe a bum grab.

As a guy who doesn't kill a lot, and as a guy who has never BF 4 turns in his career, I find it a tricky subject. I think if you kill a warrior of mine, I have a right to do the same. No questions asked. Do I expect the victim to be happy, no, and I would possibly fear the escalation; therefore, I would be unlikely to do it with people I know or consider friends. I would hope and expect them to kind of laugh it off with a hint of "I'll get you you bugger." A good example would be in Face 2 Face BG's where you BF friends and ruin their nice Aimer or such.

Now, Hombre has it very much correct in his analysis. It is a freaking game. With hypothetical numerical beings. When you have had as many die as most of us have, who cares. You roll another and play away. I find killing guys distasteful, but that is me. I still do kill, and I will get BF'ed.

I will say this again. I do not like who I consider to be fake players. It is a game, be who you are. Play to have fun and win; however, don't get all moralistic on some issues and play your sneaky advantages on others. Almost all of the managers in this game play to win at all costs, but only a few pretend to be anything but that. No whining about shinanigaans on one hand and turn and do it to others on another.

I think Elephant is a bit off on Consortium; however, Consort he isn't totally off. You do press your competitive advantages where ever possible. As a person, you are a great guy. As a manager, you will use what ever arena strategies to improve your advantage. As you should. That is the truth, you should.

Now on one last note, less talk of quitting the arena by all. It is a hard arena, with a lot of equal level managers who are very good guys.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DOUBLE POST

Anyway, may as well adfd. I am happy Porcupain has turned the corner a bit. Meerkat won a fight, and I am somewhat back.

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I just went 5-0, so I'm not quitting anytime soon Very Happy , even if my friends who tricked me back into playing leave. I hope they don't tho. Crying or Very sad

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
2-2 on Maintenance, should be back next turn.

I never did comment on all the fiascos, and maybe that is best. I will say that I like both managers very much, and that I hope this is resolved soon and with a sorry from both sides. A brief hug, and maybe a bum grab.

As a guy who doesn't kill a lot, and as a guy who has never BF 4 turns in his career, I find it a tricky subject. I think if you kill a warrior of mine, I have a right to do the same. No questions asked. Do I expect the victim to be happy, no, and I would possibly fear the escalation; therefore, I would be unlikely to do it with people I know or consider friends. I would hope and expect them to kind of laugh it off with a hint of "I'll get you you bugger." A good example would be in Face 2 Face BG's where you BF friends and ruin their nice Aimer or such.

Now, Hombre has it very much correct in his analysis. It is a freaking game. With hypothetical numerical beings. When you have had as many die as most of us have, who cares. You roll another and play away. I find killing guys distasteful, but that is me. I still do kill, and I will get BF'ed.

I will say this again. I do not like who I consider to be fake players. It is a game, be who you are. Play to have fun and win; however, don't get all moralistic on some issues and play your sneaky advantages on others. Almost all of the managers in this game play to win at all costs, but only a few pretend to be anything but that. No whining about shinanigaans on one hand and turn and do it to others on another.

I think Elephant is a bit off on Consortium; however, Consort he isn't totally off. You do press your competitive advantages where ever possible. As a person, you are a great guy. As a manager, you will use what ever arena strategies to improve your advantage. As you should. That is the truth, you should.

Now on one last note, less talk of quitting the arena by all. It is a hard arena, with a lot of equal level managers who are very good guys.

Hey, Grimmy!
Thanks for the interesting psychoanalysis.
Did I take advantage of you in "the chair" this summer?
Do I get a free quality root canal for this? Wink

PecKiller
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2-1 and one death. kathy died in the hospital but that wasnt a surprise considering con and will totalled less than 15. it was one of those cases when you have lemons you try to make lemonade but end up with sour piss instead. off the top of my head she had 7 str 19 size wit 17 deft 21 along with the ultra low con and will but did trem damage. would have happened eventually. no hard feeings on my side kid arcane.

sorry for the death of saxo grammaticus darque. while i was thankful it was an even challenge and not someone that highly outclassed me fe wise, i do regret the death. as for the following blood feud there shouldnt be any controversy at all. after that big point jump to 81 and in the champs, anything would look fair.

quick question to all managers. i always run a kill desire of 6. figure the middle between 1 and 10 is 5.5 so round up to 6. i have noticed that running low such as 1 they tend to give up when desperate while at 6 they tend to stay for 1-2 more hits before calling it quits. i have also noticed i still get those messages in the fight like has blood lust in eyes or wants to come out of this the only one alive. is 6 really too high when not trying to go for the kill? or it is just the nature of the fight? after all, they are fighting with weapons designed to hurt/maim/kill not playing lawn bowling.

pec killer
50 public enemy
52 wah ching
54/100 asian invasion
81 gfe
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You did Razz, I am still trying to get clean.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum