New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 1237

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Probably regret asking this, but.....
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there a generally accepted (even if grudgingly by those who do/did not manage them) best warrior ever? They can be active or retired. Just wondering what is considered a true "God of the Sands" and what one looks like as far as style, stats, skills, etc, if anyone wants to share?

If I look at Primus it looks like AB and LU dominate, has it always been that way?

Having never been anywhere near that level with a warrior yet, I was just curious.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My vote would be Donatello. He sure did dominate the game my first time around...
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khisanth wrote:
My vote would be Donatello. He sure did dominate the game my first time around...

What arena did he fight out of? For some reason that rings a bell, I might have been in a basic arena at the time he was, but cannot remember for sure.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personal choice? Different warriors dominated at different times as everyone was figuring things out. Aside from Donatello, there was Dee Dee, and MB and others.

Problem is those guys probably wouldn't be as competitive today.

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me, the answer will always be Donatello. He was unbeatable in his day with nobody even close due to the fact that he didn't burn any skills, whereas all of his competitors had burnt and therefore couldn't come close to his skill level.

Of course he'd get whooped on if he were fighting right now, but in his time the Primus tournament was over before it even began.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this is an impossible question to answer.

it's like asking who is the best baseball player ever and then getting bogged down in a debate about different era's, PED's (read: prizes!), etc.

there were great ones back in the day that have become out classed for one reason or another. and there are current greats. and there are up and coming greats.

nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia though.........
like these bad ass terminator shades --> Cool

edited to add: you have to throw a nod to Vengeance whose dominance changed the game- literally.

The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
this is an impossible question to answer.

Agreed, that is why I said I would probably regret asking, but was too curious to not ask.

Idea, and maybe it has been discussed before (like it seems most things about this game have since it has been around so long). Could be an interesting draw for a ftf though. With the managers of the warriors permission (if they are still around) and I would assume, free of charge. RSI could dig up and run a "legends" tourney. Maybe the top 10 or 20 retired Primus fighters as voted on by those in attendance are brought out of retirement and run against each other in a double or single elimination tourney. No skills, prizes, etc, just done for the fun of it. Like a finale type of event for the ftf. Warriors would have to be "retired" for a certain amount of time to qualify.

Would answer the curiosity of what fighters from different era of the game really could do against each other, etc, etc.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)

Last edited by The_Master on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As has been mentioned, a lot depends on your Criteria. One decent place to start:

http://www.reality.com/dm/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5728

A few warriors that deserve mention that aren't on that list. Two off the top of my head:

Whirling Fury - Original + Clones may have more TC's than anyone.

Pile Driver - I have to mention him, simply because he's a Basher that TC'd Primus.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="bubbaganoosh"]this is an impossible question to answer.

[quote]

This is our firm answer.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are going by statistics (which I am fond of), I would give nods to Donatello for "best classic warrior" and Daydream Believer as "best contemporary warrior".
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Donatello for sure, when I was starting out, he was dominating. It was a foregone conclusion that he was just going to win Primus every tourney. While there are many who have surpassed his skill level since, he was certainly the "Babe Ruth" of DM.

If I remember correctly, I believe he was also the first one to hit Archmaster, and got to name it.

Last edited by _Buri_ on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not saying my finger is on the pulse like managerr's is, but I'm pretty sure Donatello was just the first to max out, and had a legit primus style. he also hit hard. Once other legit primus styles started catching up it wasnt that way. Vengeance dominated for a while.. then Spearman discovered the open hand jive.. and he dominated and so on... And since I'm not a D2 historian, if I'm wrong, I'm sure many of you will jump my s*%t and tell me... Very Happy It's just a timing and knowledge thing.. my primus warriors would beat donatello and dee dee now, there just wasnt that many managers with maxxed out 'good' warriors then. I would honestly have to vote for one of the Sand Dancers... Laughing
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="The Consortium"][quote="bubbaganoosh"]this is an impossible question to answer.
Quote:
This is our firm answer.

Yeah, you're right... but I would LOVE to read the newsletter devoted to a tournament of bygone superstars. Legends like Donatello, and well -- any top Primus fighter who's been out of the loop for the past decade or so. I would recognize some of the names if I read them, but I never ran a warrior in Primus...

The idea of a tournament of retired demi-gods sounds intriguing and fun!! Lots of grist for the "debate team" we have here in the forums, too. Some suggestions:
-- One would expect the managers' permission to run their fighters, but I don't know if that is absolutely necessary. I would hope for their input, in any case.
-- The stats and records / prizes of the fighters would be available in this ULTRA newsletter. Perhaps each warrior could have its own sheet/column with its history, favorites, manager's thoughts, most memorable fight, etc. A mini-biography.
-- I would think that RSI might do this for those interested... IF we had enough interested managers. (a) I don't think those characters belong to the managers, as much as to RSI. (b) If they are run with their favorite rhythms, there's no need for the original managers and their punctilious efforts.
-- If enough managers were willing to pay for that sort of newsletter, then RSI might be willing to dust off their file cabinets and sort through the moldy-oldies for some obsolete heroes of yore. They could run the tourney a few times and see what's what -- write it up in an engaging way... perhaps some drawings?
-- I believe I'd pay as much as $10.00 for that newsletter. Wink

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:

The idea of a tournament of retired demi-gods sounds intriguing and fun!! Lots of grist for the "debate team" we have here in the forums, too. Some suggestions:
-- One would expect the managers' permission to run their fighters, but I don't know if that is absolutely necessary. I would hope for their input, in any case.
-- The stats and records / prizes of the fighters would be available in this ULTRA newsletter. Perhaps each warrior could have its own sheet/column with its history, favorites, manager's thoughts, most memorable fight, etc. A mini-biography.
-- I would think that RSI might do this for those interested... IF we had enough interested managers. (a) I don't think those characters belong to the managers, as much as to RSI. (b) If they are run with their favorite rhythms, there's no need for the original managers and their punctilious efforts.
-- If enough managers were willing to pay for that sort of newsletter, then RSI might be willing to dust off their file cabinets and sort through the moldy-oldies for some obsolete heroes of yore. They could run the tourney a few times and see what's what -- write it up in an engaging way... perhaps some drawings?
-- I believe I'd pay as much as $10.00 for that newsletter. Wink

I think it would be a blast to read, at least once. I am not a tourney guy, so would not have any idea how to approach RSI about this, but I would definitely pay for a newsletter and fight summaries at least once.

I agree, would have to be "hands off" since some of the original managers of the greats I would imagine are not around anymore.

- Each warriror would just run with fav rhythm, weapon, etc.
- No prizes, etc. It would be run just for fun and nostalgia
- Kind of a "Deadliest Warriror" type of tourney
- I think it would be a great ftf event allowing the attendees to vote for the participants.
- Those not at the ftf could still puchase the tourney results, summaries, etc.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a thread on here somewhere started and compiled by Managerr, I believe, which attempts to name the top warrior of all time from each arena. Search that out, good conversations there.

Hard to pick one warrior for me. Too many greats, unfortunately none of them mine! Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic