New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22266

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sweeping the top of the tourney
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mad_Max
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure it will be Resurrection/Immortality due to the whole Tourney of the Dead thing but I am hoping for some really fun prizes that we haven't seen in a while like stat switch or favorites. Of course I won't win anything so it doesn't really matter to me but it is nice to dream about.
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SunGod wrote:
dont matter to me what it is.......no TCs in my future.

i think you have more than enough knowledge about the game to do quite the oppposite......

youngblood/jason

mordraith
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

faves would be nice... statswitch can be nice if you don't get tempted... I'm of the opinion that you need to make 2 godlings rather than spend them both on one warrior...
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mordraith wrote:
faves would be nice... statswitch can be nice if you don't get tempted... I'm of the opinion that you need to make 2 godlings rather than spend them both on one warrior...

I certainly agree

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What if they offered multiples of these weaker prizes (Res/Immortality) that people are turning their noses up at? It wouldn't really hurt my feelings to have 3 Resurrection potions. Or 3 potions that can be used as either resurrection or immortality.

I think that someone should also strongly suggest to RSI that sending the dead TC's to ADM is a PUNISHMENT not a prize. Let the TC's have a choice of going to ADM immediately or staying in basic and being told their favorites. They did it for all the TV's one year, so it won't hurt to tell 5 warriors their faves once a year. Hell, make them immortal in basic and tell them their faves. Now I'd be stoked to TC the dead tourney. I'm sick and tired of reading dead TC fights and praying to lose. You used to at least get a cool Freshman warrior from a dead TC, now you get shit.

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
What if they offered multiples of these weaker prizes (Res/Immortality) that people are turning their noses up at? It wouldn't really hurt my feelings to have 3 Resurrection potions. Or 3 potions that can be used as either resurrection or immortality.

I think that someone should also strongly suggest to RSI that sending the dead TC's to ADM is a PUNISHMENT not a prize. Let the TC's have a choice of going to ADM immediately or staying in basic and being told their favorites. They did it for all the TV's one year, so it won't hurt to tell 5 warriors their faves once a year. Hell, make them immortal in basic and tell them their faves. Now I'd be stoked to TC the dead tourney. I'm sick and tired of reading dead TC fights and praying to lose. You used to at least get a cool Freshman warrior from a dead TC, now you get shit.

I assume you mean for champ, challenger class warriors? Since they most likely will shoot right past the new freshman line. I wouldn't mind an apprentice- init getting to go to ADM.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

Why? So they can sit around and be perpetual TV's just like the TV's that don't res themselves? As it is there's only one warrior from the dead champs that gets ressed, and that's the TC. The rest dont bother to call and get ressed, so they can repeatedly TV.

There are very few warriors capable of TCing and skipping to ADM; and those that exist, exist because their manager was avoiding PP in one way or another. Screw them, they're finally placed in the tourney they belong in.
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Cool! Going back to your old name Ultraist? I always thought you had the coolest name in DM and then you went and changed it to Sylvester!

LOL, yeah I'll be going by Ultraist from here on out.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

I assume you mean for champ, challenger class warriors? Since they most likely will shoot right past the new freshman line. I wouldn't mind an apprentice- init getting to go to ADM.

No, I mean for everyone. If your apprentice goes to AD, he is going to learn his skills and get booted from Freshman like all the other 140 skill warriors, no benefit, no advantage. The only difference is that you missed the Inits class, the Adepts class, the Champions class, and the Challengers. In the past, it was FE based and your dead TC would learn like a freak and have an advantage by the time he got to 50 FE. Now, you're just going to spend 25 turns in ADM getting your ass kicked.

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:

Why? So they can sit around and be perpetual TV's just like the TV's that don't res themselves? As it is there's only one warrior from the dead champs that gets ressed, and that's the TC. The rest dont bother to call and get ressed, so they can repeatedly TV.

No, I hate that stupid rule, too. All dead TV's should be evaulated against the split immediately and pulled to ADM if they have the criterion so they can't pull that crap.

I want this so that being an Apprentice dead TC isn't just a death sentence in ADM. I'd like to be able to fight my Apprentices TC in the basic tourneys. I might try to res strikers and other warriors with basic potential. I hate the "oh damn, I TC'd, that sucks ass..." feeling.

pipthetroll wrote:

There are very few warriors capable of TCing and skipping to ADM; and those that exist, exist because their manager was avoiding PP in one way or another. Screw them, they're finally placed in the tourney they belong in.

Huh? The top Freshman now have like 140 skills. You know, the same as the top Adepts (before the tourney). Plus, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that a dead Adepts TC gets screwed out of fighting in Champs or Challengers and all the warriors he beat still get chances to TV/TC in basic. AND, there is no benefit to the warrior who gets placed in Freshman/ADM like there used to be. It's a total lose-lose situation if you TC. I don't understand why a dead TC should be a punishment and that is all it is right now for most managers.

pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are some flaws in the challengers->freshmen tourney criteria. Throwing 3 prizes on a dead TC(res, immortal, know faves), would only fix the problem for 5 warriors a year. And the last thing the upper basic tourneys need is a buncha immortal sandbagging faves knowing headhunters in there. Stick in your faves and a 8/9 kd and thin out the competition a little. And throw fights to avoid TVing with impunity.

Any early invite is a death sentence in adm, not because of the nature of the "prize", but because of the lack of FE in the split algorythm-you're gonna learn fast, get classed high, and have your 55FE eligible match up with a 200fe guy with the same skills and raises(maybe more, cuz hes been throwing fights, and that pesky w/l is in there; he's also been training a maxxed stat for the last 50FEor so). Once again, its not the early invite that screwed you, its the split, and how its too easily manipulated.

It only seems like the dead TC is a punishment because it comes with an invite. Any invite is punishment, not graduating is the easiest way to manipulate the system.

Now you get them to fix the FE W/L crap in the split, raise the freshmen bar a little, and base graduation on something other than "who can avoid PP best", and a dead TC wouldn't seem so bad. You get them to fix the upper end style imbalance and you'd run ST too.

And an adepts dead tc never had a good freshmen tourney, he'd be right in the pack with the early(arena played)grads. And they'd both get tore up by the dead inits TC, who'd get tore up by the dead apps TC and bloodgamers.

You got some good dead adepts? Sounds like you're getting ready to tc dead adepts.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pip, my friend, you are missing my point, here. Getting an auto invite to ADM is a penalty because it robs you of the ability to fight a quality warrior in several more basic classes to have a chance to TV/TC there. If you're hung on the immortality idea, then get rid of it. But, at least give the manager the option to resurrect the warrior in basic and give him something more than what the TV's get by knowing his faves. And don't be melodramatic, KNOWING your faves should not be equated with the TC prize of SETTING your faves.

pipthetroll wrote:
There are some flaws in the challengers->freshmen tourney criteria. Throwing 3 prizes on a dead TC(res, immortal, know faves), would only fix the problem for 5 warriors a year. And the last thing the upper basic tourneys need is a buncha immortal sandbagging faves knowing headhunters in there. Stick in your faves and a 8/9 kd and thin out the competition a little. And throw fights to avoid TVing with impunity.

Any early invite is a death sentence in adm, not because of the nature of the "prize", but because of the lack of FE in the split algorythm-you're gonna learn fast, get classed high, and have your 55FE eligible match up with a 200fe guy with the same skills and raises(maybe more, cuz hes been throwing fights, and that pesky w/l is in there; he's also been training a maxxed stat for the last 50FEor so). Once again, its not the early invite that screwed you, its the split, and how its too easily manipulated.

It only seems like the dead TC is a punishment because it comes with an invite. Any invite is punishment, not graduating is the easiest way to manipulate the system.

Man, you got some sand in your shorts about the Challenger class or something? Let go of your other gripes and look at what I'm saying. Yes, it is a punishment because it comes with an invite. Which keeps the Dead Apprentices TC from fighting Inits, Adepts, Champions, and Challengers. It robs the dead TC of several more chances to compete for TV/TC with his peers. People dodging the ADM invite in Challengers is a totally different deal.
pipthetroll wrote:

Now you get them to fix the FE W/L crap in the split, raise the freshmen bar a little, and base graduation on something other than "who can avoid PP best", and a dead TC wouldn't seem so bad. You get them to fix the upper end style imbalance and you'd run ST too.

You're talking about different stuff. I'm talking about the fact that dead TC is robbed of fighting in further basic tourneys, that's it. The only reason ADM came up is because in the past a dead TC would learn like a freak because he was so young and have an advantage in the Freshman tourney. Now, even that small consolation the dead TC's had is gone.
pipthetroll wrote:

And an adepts dead tc never had a good freshmen tourney, he'd be right in the pack with the early(arena played)grads. And they'd both get tore up by the dead inits TC, who'd get tore up by the dead apps TC and bloodgamers.

You got some good dead adepts? Sounds like you're getting ready to tc dead adepts.

No, actually I don't. I have some guys I'd like back, but no one that has a chance in hell to TC Adepts (or any of the other dead classes for that matter). I've just always thought that robbing dead TC's of the rest of their basic tourneys was a punishment and stupid and it's even more so now with the Freshman changes. You heard me last year at Lyle's cheering for my Aradi warrior to lose the Dead Apprentices TC fight so I could fight him in basic for the TOGS. How retarded is that to have to hope and cheer for your warrior to lose a championship fight? Let's make the TC something that you're happy to win.

mordraith
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you can get them back, just don't TC....
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Pip, my friend, you are missing my point, here.

No, I get your point, but this is/was duelmasters, you get penalized for doing good. Why should dead TC's be any different? And why waste your breath over fixing the "penalized for doing good" on 5 warriors a year, when you can waste a little more breath, and bitch about the hundreds of other warriors that are penalized for doing good?

Sentinel wrote:
You heard me last year at Lyle's cheering for my Aradi warrior to lose the Dead Apprentices TC fight so I could fight him in basic for the TOGS. How retarded is that to have to hope and cheer for your warrior to lose a championship fight? Let's make the TC something that you're happy to win.

Well I was rooting for you to win(along with most other togs participants), hehe.

But really, the dead tourney is for one thing, to get dead warriors back. It's not supposed to be for future tourney prep. If you give them anything else, you'll see a decent clip of 4, 10, 20, and 30 FE quality warriors sent to the da. Some managers are already daing challengers and champs to avoid the suckoff. It should stay the dead tourney, not the da'ed tourney.

And not sending them to AD is much different than not sending them to AD, making them immortal, and telling them their faves(sounds more like an AD warrior in basic).
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
And not sending them to AD is much different than not sending them to AD, making them immortal, and telling them their faves(sounds more like an AD warrior in basic).

Hey! I have two of those (LU and AB). I know their fav's, 1 has an immortallity prize on it, and the other has a res prize assigned to it. You're always going to have warriors that know their favorites, and after the MI some of them will even be immortal. So I don't see it as a huge problem Cool

I agree with Travis that the dead TC's should at the very least be given the option of graduating to ADM or remaining in basic and fighting their way up the ladder. You're always going to have that trip 21 AB that will only get to ADM via a dead tourney.

I also agree that RSI should offer multiples of res and maybe immortality. Last time a res prize was offered for sale it went for a whopping $150.00, I know because I bought it. The reason I'm undecided on immortality is because I see it as a much stronger prize that has been used in the past to help create TC/TV's.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic