New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 143
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, the Warmasters seemed a little bloodthirstier than normal going 4-1-3 this turn. Looks cool in the stat department, but ugggh....now we have to defend against 4 bloodfeud's at the same time!

Welcome back Archaic Chaos! Love to see the population numbers move up rather than down!

Gotta run. Just wanted to post briefly after peeking at the results online.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk -

"All of your down challenges are a real pain."

Yeah, I'll bet they are, but that is what happens when you get involved in a bloodfeud for killing another gladiator. When I am bloodfeuding, I challenge with warriors I am relatively certain are going to win. How does a team avenge the honor of a fallen comrade by taking a bunch of losses by trying to up challenge with an inferior warrior? Since the bloodfeud ended, all of my last 4 challenges against you have been up challenges.

"At least when I killed Pelagius I was up challenging and had less FE"

And when Agorix killed Grond and Tiberius killed Bonesnapper those were both up challenges to. So what's your point?

I meant what I said in my personal ad. I do wish you good luck. Hopefully with my warriors moving up the rankings we won't be tripping over each other all the time moving forward. With 5 of your warriors always next to a few of mine in the standings, it was kind of hard to avoid each other.

Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2 again for the Diner. Finally got our bloodfeud in against Honey Bee after his four turns against Gigi Divine ran out. But the big news is our new DM and new graduate, Subprime Rib. His stats are 9(1)-16(2)-3-21-21-5-12 PS, great/little, masters in attack, parry and decise, expert init & defense. 81 learned skills for 133 total. Been a lot of fun running him in Shadowspire.

Vanek - what's up with the kill spree? You trying to get everyone to avoid you? I've got five kills in three years of running this team, and you nearly matched that in three turns.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A 3-2-0-1....for the Cult. Looks like I'll be seeing Vanek for the next 4 turns! I have a couple juicy BF'ing options!
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DeGotti wrote:
A 3-2-0-1....for the Cult. Looks like I'll be seeing Vanek for the next 4 turns! I have a couple juicy BF'ing options!

Shocked

Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Terminator wrote:
Hawk -

And when Agorix killed Grond and Tiberius killed Bonesnapper those were both up challenges to. So what's your point?

His point is probably this: Agorix at 5-1 challenged a 2-1 Grond, and killed him. Not sure many would consider that an "up" challenge. I certainly wouldn't. Hawk obviously didn't. I would consider it a more experienced warrior exploiting a less experienced warrior.

Why have you issued so many challenges to a new and struggling team. Savage Horde has 14 total wins and a 31% win percentage. Seems like you're cherry picking, and it looks tacky. Why don't you back off for a while and "pick on someone your own size" -- or someone with equal experience.

Telling a team to stick with it, as you did, while consistently challenging them WAY more than anyone else in the arena, has zero credibility.
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scruffy Puff wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Hawk -

His point is probably this: Agorix at 5-1 challenged a 2-1 Grond, and killed him. Not sure many would consider that an "up" challenge. I certainly wouldn't. Hawk obviously didn't. I would consider it a more experienced warrior exploiting a less experienced warrior.

Why have you issued so many challenges to a new and struggling team. Savage Horde has 14 total wins and a 31% win percentage. Seems like you're cherry picking, and it looks tacky. Why don't you back off for a while and "pick on someone your own size" -- or someone with equal experience.

Telling a team to stick with it, as you did, while consistently challenging them WAY more than anyone else in the arena, has zero credibility.

Nice to see you back Scruffy Puff. Since your checking out the DM-81 forums and commenting on them, can we expect to see you start again in Shadowspire soon or are you just here to stir up the pot a little and leave again? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that question but thought I'd ask anyways.....

As for your post....I agree with you to a point. I personally would be more unhappy to see a higher FE warrior challenge one of my warriors with lower recognition points in the standings than a guy with higher recognition points and lower FE. Most people don't see it that way. Many simply look at the points and see it as either a up or down challenge. You can't please everybody, and I have stopped trying. In an arena of 15 teams, the choices on who you have to challenge can be slim. When the number of Initiates warriors is in the range of 12-16 warriors, it can be tough to find people to challenge that are
1 - Higher recognition points.
2 - Higher FE.
3 - AND a good style match up that you can actually win especially when I have multiple warriors trying to find that criteria in the same bracket of the standings.

I know you will simply write me off as a liar with my next comment, but I do indeed feel bad for killing 2 of the Savage Horde's warriors in back to back turns. Ultimately, I want Shadowspire to be a healthy, thriving arena and driving off new teams isn't my desire. Normally I wouldn't lose any sleep over killing another teams warriors, in this case, I do.

Anyways, I have probably wasted more time than I needed to to address your post.

Thanks for chiming in Scruffy.

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The reason Vanek does this is because he is a single-arena puss cake who loves to pick on struggling warriors and teams to pad his stats. Welcome to the arena Jorja, welcome to the arena returning manager. All he can run 10 10 X vitals decise on every warrior, pick on newer managers or one who is absentee.

Vanek you are a pathetic member of this game. Period. Possibly one of the most under-skilled over inflated losers to ever play this game. Several people noted this in chat, many aren't even in the arena (I am proud of Scruffy for saying something). I would in fact say this is more personal. You are the type of pathetic weasel, who kisses ass and stomps on those less fortunate. You have no honor, and I can only suppose the picked on nerd you have been your whole life.

People think you are junk. sitting there comforting Hawk who your repeatedly try to take advantage of.

If there is a Face in Minnesota again I will be looking forward to discussing this with you in person.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
The reason Vanek does this is because he is a single-arena puss cake who loves to pick on struggling warriors and teams to pad his stats. Welcome to the arena Jorja, welcome to the arena returning manager. All he can run 10 10 X vitals decise on every warrior, pick on newer managers or one who is absentee.

Vanek you are a pathetic member of this game. Period. Possibly one of the most under-skilled over inflated losers to ever play this game. Several people noted this in chat, many aren't even in the arena (I am proud of Scruffy for saying something). I would in fact say this is more personal. You are the type of pathetic weasel, who kisses ass and stomps on those less fortunate. You have no honor, and I can only suppose the picked on nerd you have been your whole life.

People think you are junk. sitting there comforting Hawk who your repeatedly try to take advantage of.

If there is a Face in Minnesota again I will be looking forward to discussing this with you in person.

<sigh> I knew it was only a matter of time until my good friend Grimm chimed in. Welcome to the conversation and thanks for keeping it classy Grimm!

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just looking under a rock to find you.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did consider the killing of Grond to be a bit of a downchallenge because of the FE. It really was a clever challenge on your part because Agorix was at 23 that turn. You really nailed it tactically too as my ST walked into that one running D.

If you had PM'd me and said sorry I killed your guy with my clever challenge I wouldn't have said anything. Since you didn't say anything I assumed you were pleased with your play.

Bottom line is you have been challenging me a lot and now you have top team and I have bottom team. Good for you. Enjoy your free turn.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW! The Throwback Arena is HOT! (Again.)

We hope y'all can work it out.

If not, feel free to come on over to DM83 - the slow version - where we are currently all playing nice.

Idea Shocked Cool Idea

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
WOW! The Throwback Arena is HOT! (Again.)

We hope y'all can work it out.

If not, feel free to come on over to DM83 - the slow version - where we are currently all playing nice.

Idea Shocked Cool Idea

What fun is it to play nice? Wink Besides, it's more fun hanging out here in 81 where I can continue to kick Grimm's worthless behind around the arena sands! Laughing

KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. Take a little time off and what do I hear? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'll only be around for one or maybe two turns. I'll get in a spotlight and some personals. Sorry I dropped the ball this last turn.

La Pentarchie!! I received your turn in the mail today. I don't know why. France and Texas are as far apart as, well -- pretty damn far apart!!

Mollusquome learned one skill (wow, only one?) from killing Wurm Kin.

The Drone learned two skills.

Clereon learned one skill. Well, vs Fratsfa Slave, what'd you expect?

Ingrat learned three skills and picked up an expert in init. Good fight vs Monster Manual's fighter, by the way. Both these boys bear watching.

Eurymedon learned two skills vs. Warmasters' Kopitar, who has now lost 2 in a row. (Vanek is planning on using this guy for alligator bait soon, I expect. A TP that can't scum very well had better have some good parry or attack to compensate, don't you think? But not this guy... )

Your replacement roll up is nice. (I hate you. Wink ) Not great, or even good. Not a godling. It's nice. In a "no tournament" arena it's certainly something I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

Have RSI send you another copy. I can't fax or scan anything right now. Good luck with your new guy.

The rest of you -- take it easy. Save some for the personal ads!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Terminator wrote:

Nice to see you back Scruffy Puff. Since your checking out the DM-81 forums and commenting on them, can we expect to see you start again in Shadowspire soon or are you just here to stir up the pot a little and leave again? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that question but thought I'd ask anyways.....

This, along with your condescending "Thanks for chiming in..." made me chuckle.

Was merely looking for a team to transfer into 47 for the Turf War. While reviewing potential teams, I took a quick peak at my team in Shadowspire and the recent NL (which also made me chuckle). Definitely NOT coming back.

Terminator wrote:

I know you will simply write me off as a liar with my next comment, but I do indeed feel bad for killing 2 of the Savage Horde's warriors in back to back turns.

I don't think you're a liar. I think you honestly believe that challenging a warrior with half your warrior's experience/FE was an up challenge. I happen to disagree.

Regardless, it's not my fight. Besides, I don't care if you down challenge. I do it too, but I find it a little tacky to continually challenge a new and struggling team, especially challenging a struggling warrior on the struggling team the very next turn after killing one of their warriors.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum