New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL 2012
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well looks like I may have another year of the "Kardiak Kitties" here in Detroit ( add the Tigers under same moniker) Confused

Stafford looks like absolute HELL with 3 first half INT (2 in the Red Zone one to that D-Bag Finnegan for a TD in our own end) then leads a 9 play 80 yard game winning drive, down 23-20 to the Rams, with 1:55 left in the game. Last year they won 3 games after trailing by 17 points or more (an NFL record).

Here we go again Shocked (not really shocked they've had the greatest RB to ever play the game and yet only have 1 playoff win in my lifetime)

PS- Live Ball Era? Of course we all know the Lions lost a game in the 60s to a kicker with half a foot kicking it 63 yards. It took Elam to tie it then Fatakowski and now David Akers!?

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/09/09/david-akers-63-yard-field-goal-ties-an-nfl-record-video/

Love the THUD! as it hits the crossbar!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it always warms the cockles of my little heart to see the pack lose, there's no doubt! Street I thought you guys were going down as well, but I had plenty of heart attack material to deal with too. Thank God for blocked extra points and a great new kicker! Adrian looked almost back up to 100% already, pretty amazing. He got more carries than I thought they'd give him. I've got savor every Purple win cause who knows how many there will be.... Smile

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So what you're saying is you have plenty to Ponder yourself?!? Wink

Should change his nickname to ED (well on secong thought Laughing ) for Every Day. He is a freak of nature, and obviously had a good surgeon! You'll recall I doubted any chance he'd be back for game 1.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't start AP on my fantasy team, due to the reports. Luckily I still won (cause I have Arian Foster too!)

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Lions are out to kill me. Down Big, come back, take the lead, Music City Miracle Pt 2 along the way, a KO return for a TD as well, go down 14 after Pettigrew hands-off to Verner, Stafford gets hurt on the play chasing him, score 2 TDs in :18 seconds; OT, long drive extended by penalties hold them to a FG and we get the ball, under new OT rules, and I write this in case I do not survive this!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry Street.....not really! Razz

Vikes shock the nation, Harbaugh and the Niners can suck it! Ha!!

Street I saw the end of the Lions game, they cut to it after Vikes were done, unbelievable that they got it into O.T. Crazy.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you see where they let the 49ers have 5 time outs in one half? Gotta love those scab refs!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The timeouts weren't the worst part, they let Harbaugh throw a challenge flag on a fumble (whistle had already blown the play dead but that was overlooked, too) when he shouldn't have been able to because he had no timeouts left.
It created about a 10 minute delay in the game, they let him have the challenge and then overturned their call on the field and gave the ball to the 49ers, unfreaking real. It could have easily changed the outcome of the game, luckily the Vikes held on and got the ball back anyway. Then he tried to do it again later!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had the OT, blow to the head, penalty enforced from the wrong 44 I believe.

And now the MNF nightmare. Pay the refs $5M a year and get them back.... whatever it takes in other words! Seattle better hike and sit on this ball too.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep...after last night's gleeful debacle (suck it Pack, you lose!) I have a feeling the real refs will be back next Sunday. Goodell will cave under withering criticism, and rightfully so...

See you Sunday, Street! Wink

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I've heard/read even if they struck a deal with the refs today it would take a full week to get them all together. So at the very least we have 1 week of the replacements still.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Trip, your post cracked us up!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Yep...after last night's gleeful debacle (suck it Pack, you lose!) I have a feeling the real refs will be back next Sunday. Goodell will cave under withering criticism, and rightfully so...

See you Sunday, Street! Wink

My prediction is Minnesota takes a big lead and we come back. Not prepared to pick a winner because this team, even when it is good, is impossible to figure out. I will predict that AD doesn't run all over us like he usually does though.

Oh and nice job to our D-Line (Nick Fairley, Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Corey Williams, Willie Young, Cliff Avril, and company; that is 6 NFL-level starters) for getting 1 QB hit (it came in OT) against the Titans; that's not a sack that's a HIT; totals for the entire game Embarassed

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic