New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL 2012
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
SKOL VIKINGS!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! Peterson, 9 yards shy of Dickerson's hallowed record, but he carries us to the playoffs a year after 3-13!! And, we send the Bears home with nothing, ha ha!! Seeya next week in Green Bay, cheeseheads!! Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

Yep, very good season for the Vikings! They had to win to get in and they did it. AP really, really, deserves MVP because he carried that team on his back, no doubt without him they would not be in the playoffs.
I don't expect much more than that, however. They might beat GB again, since they've done well vs. teams they've played before in the season, but when you look at the teams they've lost to this season, nearly all of those teams are in the playoffs. If they still had Harvin it'd be a whole 'nother story.

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Stik wrote:
SKOL VIKINGS!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! Peterson, 9 yards shy of Dickerson's hallowed record, but he carries us to the playoffs a year after 3-13!! And, we send the Bears home with nothing, ha ha!! Seeya next week in Green Bay, cheeseheads!! Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

Yep, very good season for the Vikings! They had to win to get in and they did it. AP really, really, deserves MVP because he carried that team on his back, no doubt without him they would not be in the playoffs.
I don't expect much more than that, however. They might beat GB again, since they've done well vs. teams they've played before in the season, but when you look at the teams they've lost to this season, nearly all of those teams are in the playoffs. If they still had Harvin it'd be a whole 'nother story.

I am definitely wishing they still had Harvin available, that's for sure. Lot of speculation up here already on what's going to happen with him next year. He's signed for one more year but drastically underpaid, the Wilfs will pay him what he wants most likely but he may not be happy and want out, too.

As for the other playoff teams, if they can get by Green Bay again (they did it back in '04 at Lambeau!) then it's wide open on the NFC side IMO. They beat the 49ers once already, lost to the Seahawks, and I don't think anybody's real terrified of the Falcons at this point. They lost close road games to the Redskins and Colts, and beat the Texans too. New England and Denver would be a different story, but that's all putting the cart way ahead of the horse anyway.

I'm just amazed and so happy that they pulled a 10-6, beat both the Bears and Packers once, and made it to the playoffs at all when nobody expected them to come close. A.P.'s amazing season and Ponder's solid play in December is just icing on the cake!

Nurgle
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A.P. did have an incredible year. So did Peyton Manning. Smile Go Broncos!
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And to think, I got Peterson in the 2nd round, 19th pick overall in my fantasy football draft (took Foster first). They got me some big wins, but I still lost my "Super Bowl" because they both kinda choked in week 16.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ouch no Ponder for Stikkies' Vikes. In the pregame they're hyping the Vikes' great shot to still win with the "read option" that Joe Webb will run. Not sure it's all that scary considering they've had 6 days at best to install it. WE SHALL SEE Exclamation Rolling Eyes

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, not good. They kept it very hush-hush throughout the week that Ponder was having any real problems with his throwing arm after injuring it in the second half last week. I certainly thought he would start and was shocked when they didn't even dress him.

Webb had no chance in the game, couldn't pass at all, so then they could really focus on stopping A.P. Packer's O was just too strong at home with all their weapons back. I thought they did pretty good just holding them to 24 points, got a few sacks.

Overall an amazing comeback of a season, next year should be interesting in the NFC north!

p.s.--I was stuck at a family wedding the whole game and watched almost all of it on my brother-in-law's iphone at the reception! Rolling Eyes Smile

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic