Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: sarakhan
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 19803

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Damage potion report
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
_Buri_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Nov 07, 2010
Posts: 827
Location: Asgard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some time ago, I bestowed a max damage potion on one of my fighters. He was a size 7, and the results didn't exactly match with the current damage chart, so I thought I'd share this information with the community.

The fighter, as I said, is size 7. He was already at 17 ST when I used the potion (started at 14). This took him from Good to Great damage right away. The following is when he got damage bumps:

20 = Tremendous
22 = Awesome
23 = Devastating

That's as far as I've raised it to date, but from everything I've heard that's the damage cap for a sz7. We shall see.

_________________
Buri, Crapmaster 2012
Aesir 003 & 100 & 102, The Club 010, The Blues 021, Omnitrix 030, Venture Bros 051
View user's profileSend private message
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Jun 23, 2002
Posts: 423
Location: Findlay, Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Buri, keep us informed!

_________________
Flagg's Five (DM 42)
and any other Flagg branded team you may see.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 617
Location: Moline, IL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be happy to add my information to this list, if I could just hit a flippin' strength train.

_________________
Technology (5), The Syndicate (12), 82nd Illinois (17), Seinfeld (19), Ottoman Empire (32), Bad Bread (33), Ottodrome (47, 84), Scrabble (65), Otto's Diner (81), et al.
View user's profileSend private message
_Buri_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Nov 07, 2010
Posts: 827
Location: Asgard

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NEWS FLASH!

Just got ST to 25 = Superhuman damage!

_________________
Buri, Crapmaster 2012
Aesir 003 & 100 & 102, The Club 010, The Blues 021, Omnitrix 030, Venture Bros 051
View user's profileSend private message
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster


Joined: Dec 05, 2012
Posts: 82
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
NEWS FLASH!

Just got ST to 25 = Superhuman damage!

I'm curious if this means that the potion made the Damage rating like a Size 15 warrior or if the Terrablood chart is simply incorrect?

It seems that a SZ 7 warrior is limited to a max damage rating of Awesome (or possibly Devastating if blessed) under normal conditions according to terrablood. I'm trying understand if this is simply "skewed" because of the potion or if the chart is in question?

Trim


Last edited by trmweb on Sat May 11, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3330
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:
NEWS FLASH!

Just got ST to 25 = Superhuman damage!

I'm curious if this means that the potion made the Damage rating like a Size 15 warrior or if the Terrablood chart is simply incorrect?

It seems that a SZ 7 warrior is limited to a max damage rating of Awesome (or possibly Devastating if blessed) under normal conditions according to terrablood. I'm trying understand if this is simply "skewed" because of the potion or if the cart is in question?

Trim


Chart is skewed due to numbef of entries

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2592

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It means that Max Damage potions produce out-of-bounds results at the top end.

7 SZ/25 ST should produce Awesome damage most of the time, and Devastating the rest of the time. With the max damage potion, this combination got Superhuman damage. I suppose their might be a 1 in 10,000 chance of a natural warrior getting Superhuman damage with that ST/SZ combo and that's why the program provides that rating as the 'max' for that SZ.

Congrats to Buri on his new Superhuman damage warrior! I hope he gets to hit some ABs with it.
View user's profileSend private message
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster


Joined: Dec 05, 2012
Posts: 82
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
It means that Max Damage potions produce out-of-bounds results at the top end.

7 SZ/25 ST should produce Awesome damage most of the time, and Devastating the rest of the time. With the max damage potion, this combination got Superhuman damage. I suppose their might be a 1 in 10,000 chance of a natural warrior getting Superhuman damage with that ST/SZ combo and that's why the program provides that rating as the 'max' for that SZ.

Congrats to Buri on his new Superhuman damage warrior! I hope he gets to hit some ABs with it.


Did he say it wasn't an AB? If its not, then maybe this is the solution to the AB dominance in ADM! Now, we just need to find a few dozen of those potions lying around somewhere. Wouldn't that be a cool treasure to find?! Where's my metal detector? =)

Trim
View user's profileSend private message
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3330
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:
It means that Max Damage potions produce out-of-bounds results at the top end.

7 SZ/25 ST should produce Awesome damage most of the time, and Devastating the rest of the time. With the max damage potion, this combination got Superhuman damage. I suppose their might be a 1 in 10,000 chance of a natural warrior getting Superhuman damage with that ST/SZ combo and that's why the program provides that rating as the 'max' for that SZ.

Congrats to Buri on his new Superhuman damage warrior! I hope he gets to hit some ABs with it.


Did he say it wasn't an AB? If its not, then maybe this is the solution to the AB dominance in ADM! Now, we just need to find a few dozen of those potions lying around somewhere. Wouldn't that be a cool treasure to find?! Where's my metal detector? =)

Trim


I always viewed potions as being in glass so you would need to invent a glassdetector

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
_Buri_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Nov 07, 2010
Posts: 827
Location: Asgard

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:


Did he say it wasn't an AB? If its not, then maybe this is the solution to the AB dominance in ADM!

Trim


Indeed, this fighter is a Lunger. The problem with the ABs is you still gotta hit 'em, and even with way above Archmaster Attack, that doesn't always work.

_________________
Buri, Crapmaster 2012
Aesir 003 & 100 & 102, The Club 010, The Blues 021, Omnitrix 030, Venture Bros 051
View user's profileSend private message
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 850
Location: NYC tri-state area

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly LUs can't hit the ABs at the top of the game even with Blademasters in Attack.

_________________
-Marma Duke-

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster


Joined: Dec 05, 2012
Posts: 82
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
Sadly LUs can't hit the ABs at the top of the game even with Blademasters in Attack.

That just seems wrong. Wish that somehow the original DM programmers could "tweek" the code to fix this issue. Even at the highest levels, there should be room for an equalizing luck-factor, not to mention a style-max levelizing. Why should a max'ed out (all 25's and all skills) warrior of any style always be better than other styles? For example, a top Basher should have a shot at beating any other style (even AB), as long as the favorite weapon and rhythm is used and they have better luck-rolls. The same for any style. It seems that those fights should be settled mainly based on luck and better strategy choices.

It's a little discouraging when I sit back and let the reality of the real-world situation come back into focus. I know that the original coders aren't around anymore. I know that even if they were and some changes were made that many would probably not be happy with the change. However, I also know that much RSI revenue is lost due to this unfair style bug at the higher levels. Why should a non-AB fighter, either in regular play or in tournaments, spend money when they know they don't have a remote chance at winning? Honestly, I didn't mean to turn this into whining or ranting, but I really believe the game would be a lot more enjoyable with these corrections.

(Not sure where that all came from, but I feel a little better after my "spouting". I'll take my "kettle" off the burner and cool down now... Smile. )

Trim
View user's profileSend private message
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My max damage prize is on a sz 5 ST.
24 Strength and 5 Sz has gotten him to devastating.
View user's profileSend private message
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: Jun 20, 2002
Posts: 1317

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Terrablood damage chart isn't applicable to max damage pot modded warriors. This thread is right on with SZ 7 topping out at Superhuman. You will see similarly odd results for warriors at other sizes as well. SZ 21 maxxes out with Unearthly damage with a damage pot.

_________________
More TCs please!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressICQ Number
Chief
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2003
Posts: 274

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
Sadly LUs can't hit the ABs at the top of the game even with Blademasters in Attack.


some of them can - just not very often Wink

_________________
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late;
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::