New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22258

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Feud History
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
Well I'll give this here a shot, although most of you won't like hearing what I say. But the fued history as I remeber it.....

Once upon a time....

So originally, the delarqs were the hard core number crunchers, hence the "win at all cost mentality"; the andorians were the roleplayers, hence the "be nice and don't kill my guy I've been writing spotlights about for the last 20 turns"; and the freeblades were for those who didn't really put one over the other.

The delarqs ruled the tourneys(to be fair, they had a shitload more warriors, thier transfer arena hit the warrior10k bug while the others were in the 5k's), and the andorians were happy with thier little RPing. When the new wave of internet info and managers came in the late 80's/early 90's, most sent thier little godlings to andorian arenas; there was less chance of dying, and they were behind in the race to rule ADM(noone was even near maxxing, the fastest developing warrior was the top tourney winner). These are the same andorians you see today, because the original RPing andorians mostly moved to the lirith kai arenas, which were hailed as the "new" RP area of back in the day.

Now a little info on the ivory league. There was an employee who enjoyed running slashers and TCing over paying customers at the F2F's(she also enjoyed cheating, as I'll get to later). Now, as we all know, SL get bonuses for defending arms, so if you can make sure all your opponents are aiming arm or leg, your chances of winning go up. Now, if you make said SL with a 7 or 9 DFT, hes not gonna hit where he's aiming. So by aiming arms, you're gonna spray all over from the low deftness, and those scattered shots will mostly hit vitals. That way you can say, "sorry, aiming arm" in the personals, and people will view it as an accident. Of course, if you went 10KD HE, smoked some guy, and said the same thing, she'd look up your strat and call you a liar--if she had your email addy, she'd flame the hell out of you too. This employee gathered a few of the newer internet managers, and formed the IL. Together they were able to force managers to play a way that bonused her infinate amount of warriors(employees used to play for free, seemingly without limit). If you were aiming vitals in an andorian arena, the IL would know(after all, they had someone checking the strategies), and would jack you; it almost seemed like they knew your setup and strategy(duh), and your avoids didnt work so well vs them either for some reason.

It was during this time that andorians chucked thier own code of honor and started DCing people who killed. They'd also DC DCer's, and one DC could get your branded for life as a DCer, even an accidental one.

After a while, a few of the better IL managers realized they were being used and left(along with a decent amount of managers that quit the game due to said employees heavy handed tactics). One said a few things to the employee in question in the personals; she obviously didn't like what he said, because the next turn his tremendous carry-awesome endurance TP parried 3 shots and then dropped from exhaustion. Someone had gone into the warriors record and changed his endurance. After she was banned, the IL pretty much disbanded.

So to sum it up, freeblades don't and never have cared, delarqs care only about winning(although less in the arena now, since the top team doesn't play for free anymore), and andorians used to be RPers, then became hardcore internet managers using the RPers(this is when the modern day of andorian hypocracy started, the good old, "I fight with honor, unless I really want to beat you" 20 teams on 1 and you "need" to DC? I don't get it. Niether would the old timer andorians). Today I classify delarqs as one of two things 1) Guys who don't care, and are only there to win. 2) Loudmouth idiots, who'd like to win, but the only DM skill they excel at is stirring up shit(ala bookie, et al. Boooyaaah!!!! take that one bookie). Today I classify andorians as one of three things: 1) newbies who are afraid of thier guy dying. 2) Veteran newbies(been playing for years, but are too noobish to learn not to be noobs). 3) Guys who like beating up on newbies in order to stroke thier own egos. And freebladers still don't care.

So there you have it, your silly little fued exists because RPer's not wanting to die, followed by up and coming newer managers wanting to get godlings graduated, followed by a cheating employees desire to dominate the DM world. It continues because small minded people want to tell other people how to run their warriors and beat up on newbies.

Some really excellent history and analysis. Falls apart when it comes to the "present opinions". Glad you took the time to write it, Pip. As you said, some won't like it. Count us as one of those.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Rillion wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
I'm also hanging with a few like-minded Delarquan managers, so don't be surprised if one of us makes a stop in an Andorian arena near you!

If you are Delarquan, why would you keep going to Andorian arenas? The only point in that seems to be stirring crap up.

Well, depends on what you call 'stirring crap up.' I would research my style before making comments about how or why I visit Andorian arenas. The Consortium and Tankesh would be the references I point you to. Do I like to have fun, and see lots of roleplaying personals? You bet! Will I poke fun at folks? Yup! Do I throw hissy fits and start downchallenging if I loose a challenge? Not hardly.

As a brief history on myself, I started in an Andorian arena (Lyratilan DM-25) and was into the Lirith Kai regional roleplay bit when it first took off, attending AndCon '93 for Lin Tirian's (DM-78 ) inaugural tourney. I'm in Aruak City (DM-11) to prove that Delarquan managers can win using Andorian strategies (as the concept), but mostly because I was asked to come to play there by The Consortium. I contribute to the personal ads, and am having a grand time with a winning record (currently). As long as I abide by 'the Andorian code of conduct,' which I have promised to do, what matters my alliegence?

Ever wonder why some Andorians want Delarquans to leave? Is it because they fear for their records? Or like having vanilla turns?

Ever wonder why most Delarquans don't care if Andorians come to visit their arenas? More competition!

We want to echo this. Lord Xiang is a great contribution to Aruak City. Iy would not be as enjoyable without him. We would gladly play in any arena with him. He does stir the poy, and we enjoy the style of doing so. (Since we never stir the pot, we enjoy watching others do it.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
So to sum it up, freeblades don't and never have cared, delarqs care only about winning(although less in the arena now, since the top team doesn't play for free anymore), and andorians used to be RPers, then became hardcore internet managers using the RPers(this is when the modern day of andorian hypocracy started, the good old, "I fight with honor, unless I really want to beat you" 20 teams on 1 and you "need" to DC? I don't get it. Niether would the old timer andorians). Today I classify delarqs as one of two things 1) Guys who don't care, and are only there to win. 2) Loudmouth idiots, who'd like to win, but the only DM skill they excel at is stirring up shit(ala bookie, et al. Boooyaaah!!!! take that one bookie). Today I classify andorians as one of three things: 1) newbies who are afraid of thier guy dying. 2) Veteran newbies(been playing for years, but are too noobish to learn not to be noobs). 3) Guys who like beating up on newbies in order to stroke thier own egos. And freebladers still don't care.

So there you have it, your silly little fued exists because RPer's not wanting to die, followed by up and coming newer managers wanting to get godlings graduated, followed by a cheating employees desire to dominate the DM world. It continues because small minded people want to tell other people how to run their warriors and beat up on newbies.

I would place myself in the 'old' style Andorians according to your definition. I started in Aruak in 94'. It was kind of bloody then, with a couple role-players (although that's hard to confirm since the ads were the only place to chat before the internet boomed). I started RPing (and still do), never DC'd (even during the 'invasion' I didn't and still don't), and welcomed new managers (still do). With like minded Andorians (The Consortium and Generalissiomo Puerco to name two who are STILL there) made the arena into the Heart and Soul of Andoria. That is why I get annoyed when people talk about Andorian hypocrisy. We don't want people to try to kill our warriors, we don't want DCing, and we help not beat up on new players. You can keep your small minded comments/opinions to yourself thank you.

I never knew much about what happened within in the IL (never joined), I stayed Andorian and generally allied with my friends in 11 who were in the IL passively. I can only take your word for most of what happened within it.

So I guess the question about the 'rivalry' aspect, I guess that would be Old Andorian's vs. New Hypocratic types in your opinion? So what happened to all the Old Andorians that went to Lirith Kai?

LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
Well I'll give this here a shot, although most of you won't like hearing what I say. But the fued history as I remeber it.....

Once upon a time....

So originally, the delarqs were the hard core number crunchers, hence the "win at all cost mentality"; the andorians were the roleplayers, hence the "be nice and don't kill my guy I've been writing spotlights about for the last 20 turns"; and the freeblades were for those who didn't really put one over the other.

The delarqs ruled the tourneys(to be fair, they had a shitload more warriors, thier transfer arena hit the warrior10k bug while the others were in the 5k's), and the andorians were happy with thier little RPing. When the new wave of internet info and managers came in the late 80's/early 90's, most sent thier little godlings to andorian arenas; there was less chance of dying, and they were behind in the race to rule ADM(noone was even near maxxing, the fastest developing warrior was the top tourney winner). These are the same andorians you see today, because the original RPing andorians mostly moved to the lirith kai arenas, which were hailed as the "new" RP area of back in the day.

Now a little info on the ivory league. There was an employee who enjoyed running slashers and TCing over paying customers at the F2F's(she also enjoyed cheating, as I'll get to later). Now, as we all know, SL get bonuses for defending arms, so if you can make sure all your opponents are aiming arm or leg, your chances of winning go up. Now, if you make said SL with a 7 or 9 DFT, hes not gonna hit where he's aiming. So by aiming arms, you're gonna spray all over from the low deftness, and those scattered shots will mostly hit vitals. That way you can say, "sorry, aiming arm" in the personals, and people will view it as an accident. Of course, if you went 10KD HE, smoked some guy, and said the same thing, she'd look up your strat and call you a liar--if she had your email addy, she'd flame the hell out of you too. This employee gathered a few of the newer internet managers, and formed the IL. Together they were able to force managers to play a way that bonused her infinate amount of warriors(employees used to play for free, seemingly without limit). If you were aiming vitals in an andorian arena, the IL would know(after all, they had someone checking the strategies), and would jack you; it almost seemed like they knew your setup and strategy(duh), and your avoids didnt work so well vs them either for some reason.

It was during this time that andorians chucked thier own code of honor and started DCing people who killed. They'd also DC DCer's, and one DC could get your branded for life as a DCer, even an accidental one.

After a while, a few of the better IL managers realized they were being used and left(along with a decent amount of managers that quit the game due to said employees heavy handed tactics). One said a few things to the employee in question in the personals; she obviously didn't like what he said, because the next turn his tremendous carry-awesome endurance TP parried 3 shots and then dropped from exhaustion. Someone had gone into the warriors record and changed his endurance. After she was banned, the IL pretty much disbanded.

This is an interesting interpritation of the past. I'd like to point out to the newer players that a good portion of this is colored by opinion and/or is conjecture.

Sadly some of it is true though Sad

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
I'm also hanging with a few like-minded Delarquan managers, so don't be surprised if one of us makes a stop in an Andorian arena near you!

If you are Delarquan, why would you keep going to Andorian arenas? The only point in that seems to be stirring crap up.

I play in 25 only because it's a solid arena, if you kill someone, there isn't any whining or crying, and because it was my fave ADM warriors home arena. Smile I actually think of it as more FB than Andorian. I think those that play there would agree with that.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic