New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 109253

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NFL 2013
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't blame Ponder as much as the D. Its been a long time since the Vikings D looks so poor (at least to me, I have not watched a lot of their games). Looks like the D-line has aged fast in the last year.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please at least tell me you've never worn a piece of cheese on your head! See you at the finish line!!! With Burleson set to come back soon, have the pizza delivered already will you, and that greasy D-Line of ours we might actually have a team here for the first time ever!

Defensive Line (LBs are at least decent but small)
Receivers AND Tight End(S) (Told you Durham was underrated and Stafford's former college roommate!)
QB and a good backup
RBs (a thunder and lightning duo)
Special teams
DBs (when Glover Quin may be your weak spot I'll take it)

Health?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLp3F_xnen4

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never worn a cheesehead and never will. I think they are stupid, but I do understand why people wear them. I think the Packers are only going to get stronger from here on out. Watch out for the very underrated Packers D! 12-4 is a real possibility!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stillgard wrote:
I have never worn a cheesehead and never will. I think they are stupid, but I do understand why people wear them. I think the Packers are only going to get stronger from here on out. Watch out for the very underrated Packers D! 12-4 is a real possibility!

Thank you! I can see it too but never would wear, for example, a Wing Nut (for the Red Wings).

I'm not sure we can overtake the Pack but I finally feel good that we can finish the race for once! Just make the playoffs and have a chance is all I'm asking. Remember the Giants surprised everyone after going 9-7?!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the Vikings managed to keep pace with the Bucs, who also gave away a lead though larger, so you have that to hold on to! Going in the right direction! Laughing Wink

Oh how the old Black and Blue division teams have fallen, and the Lions have risen! Confused Shocked Surprised Cool Embarassed

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, right on track.. if the season ended today, Vikes would have the 3rd draft pick. I was hoping for Manziel (who I'd still be very happy to see them pick), but with the 3rd pick they'd have a real chance at getting Mariota!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yikes! This game could be a true playoff picture changing game.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All hail your first place Lions! Surprised Shocked

Tough game but they hang on despite stupid penalties!

Here's hoping Otto took my advice of Foles over Dalton!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well after all is said and done the Vikes held serve but blew a chance to get in the driver's seat en route to overall pick #1!

My Lions are in first with the only healthy starting QB in the division and their 0-16 record is safe to stand alone! Cool

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin put the jinx on my team! (damn him) He said Megatron would have another 300-yard game; despite the Steelers having the 7th ranked Pass D - 29th Run D.

Dirty double crosser offered a promise of a win while making me forget about the "Leo's Jinx"! Mad

Wait 'til I get my hands on his scrawny little neck!

327 yards passing for Stafford in the first half. I thought he might chase the record (554), then just 3-19 for 35 yards in the 2nd half!

I know that grimy FedEx-er must've had his Megatron and Stafford VooDoo Dolls out in the 2nd half!

VENGEANCE IS MINE! <thank you Stewie>

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovin' these snow games today, the only thing better is mud!

Looks like the Vikes lost Adrian Peterson today, and are well on their way to losing the game... if these scores hold up til the end of the day, Minn will move into the 3rd draft pick position!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Lovin' these snow games today, the only thing better is mud!

Looks like the Vikes lost Adrian Peterson today, and are well on their way to losing the game... if these scores hold up til the end of the day, Minn will move into the 3rd draft pick position!

No other franchise in the history of the NFL can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like the Vikings. Proven once again today. That's 3 or 4 games they've lost in the final 1-2 minutes this season.

Of course I had to leave the house the final 2 minutes to take my son to some kid's birthday party he doesn't even know, so had to listen to the whole crazy debacle on the radio. I DVR'd it but don't know if I can bare to watch...everybody will be talking about that one this week. The officiating was unbelievable. A.P. even spoke out about it after the game and will surely get fined.

Only silver lining is we preserved our semi-decent draft position....if damned Atlanta could've hung on and beat the cheeseheads.... Mad

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And the Vikes are FINALLY eliminated from the playoffs, about time and it was done with a Lions loss in unbelievably bad officiating in the 4th quarter. 3 penalties through 3 quarters called on both teams. In the 4th the Lions were called for 7 penalties and the Eagles ZERO.

And some brutally bad calls. A Roughing the Passer call on Fairley; almost at the same time Foles releases the ball Fairley tackles him, a good body tackle. Instead of 3rd-and-10 on their own 45 they have a First Down on our 40 and the next play is a run for a TD. I doubt they would have called the same play on 3-and-10. On a 2-pointer Suh gets called for holding the O-Lineman on a play where they looked at it a good 4-5 times and saw NO penalty on anyone on the field. They score the 2 pointer on the retry. A play where the receiver likely went out of the back of the end zone and came back in to catch it, first one to touch the ball, not called. The play was reviewed inconclusive so the TD stands. The Lineman should have been on the backline and I believe he was out of position to see whether or not the WR went through the backline and came back in or not.

I mean please we fumbled the ball 7 times, lost 3, the Eagles didn't need any help to be "in the game" as it was. Stafford tries to be a hero and gives away any chance to win when he tries to pick up, rather than fall on, an early shotgun snap! Shocked

Congrats on a new record for Matt Prater, 64 yard FG! Cool

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

No other franchise in the history of the NFL can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like the Vikings. Proven once again today. That's 3 or 4 games they've lost in the final 1-2 minutes this season.

That game ending was wild! They showed the Detroit-Philly game here in the morning, which was a very entertaining game as well, with 8 inches of snow on the ground. But that ended and they switched to the last 4 minutes of the Minn-Baltimore game, so I caught all the fun at the end.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Stik wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Uhhhh .... so Freeman's out this week with a concussion? Back to Ponder! Laughing

Hey Jeff Garcia says he wants to make a comeback! He's only 43! Testaverde part 2.

I daresay he would be an upgrade over anything we've got.

Freeman clearly had all those things against him as far as familiarity with the offense and his receivers, but for a guy with 60+ NFL starts under his belt, he still played horrible. He missed many easy throws badly, like balls flying consistently 5-10 feet over guys heads or 10 yards ahead of them or out of bounds. The one nice pass he threw which should have been six was dropped by the receiver.

They should have pulled him in the 3rd quarter when the game was still somehow close and winnable and it became clear he wasn't gonna settle down and improve. But instead they abandoned the run game with the MVP in the backfield (granted it nothing, too) and had him throw what has to be a Viking record 53 attempts. Who is in charge of this !$#%#!???

I was a Frazier/Ponder supporter until just recently. Now I am already looking forward to a top 5 draft pick, a new QB and a new coaching staff next year to groom him.

Only thing that still makes the division interesting is all the injuries! Street you should be happy, the Kitties have been practically handed the title!

And there's the kiss of death! Laughing

Anytime we're a sure thing is when fate steps in! I await to see what the famous 3 Greek Goddesses have in store for us!

Maybe you guys should try Sam Ponder at QB! Laughing She looks good!

AHEM...... Did I not say you gave us the kiss of death? Sonnova B***h we were 6 and 3 6 and 3 for god's sakes.......

I hope you WIN on Sunday against us and end up in the middle of the draft with us! <SLAP!>

Are the Lions in the playoffs yet?

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic