New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - AD and stuck at 119 skills
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread shows why it is a must to attend a FtF from time to time, especially after returning to the game from a long layoff.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I learned a bunch from this thread. Thanks for all the info. Might have to go to a ftf next winter! Can't make it to the summer one.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An amusing side note, while we're on the subject; I once had a fighter get skill #120 in a grudge match! Something that may never have happened before or since, especially these days.

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I can bring back all of those warriors that I have in advanced? I was always told that they were worthless.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
So, I can bring back all of those warriors that I have in advanced? I was always told that they were worthless.

It all depends, and I'm likely not the right one to answer, so I'll simply say if they're "worthless" because of burnt skills then yes. If they're worthless because they're a certain style than .... well again I'm the wrong one to answer.... again. Hope this non-answer answer helped in no way whatsoever as I'm not even sure now why I answered because my ADM experience is fairly limited and I have only 1 guy in Primus and 2 that could enter but will likely wait if I ever start ADM again! Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Longshot wrote:

It all depends, and I'm likely not the right one to answer, so I'll simply say if they're "worthless" because of burnt skills then yes. If they're worthless because they're a certain style than .... well again I'm the wrong one to answer.... again. Hope this non-answer answer helped in no way whatsoever as I'm not even sure now why I answered because my ADM experience is fairly limited and I have only 1 guy in Primus and 2 that could enter but will likely wait if I ever start ADM again! Laughing

Sounded like a great answer to us! Couldn't have said it better.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so slashers are the runt of the litter, I get that.

But if I insist on running one, then what? If I have one that has maxxed all skills except defense, then what? Just knowing that they tend to do defense last doesn't help. Obviously this guy does. Knowing this, would you attempt to train those last 3 defense skills? Or just give up and move on? If it matters, the warrior in question isn't likely to threaten any tournaments. He might enter them - why not bust out in a tournament if you need those trains anyway? But I have no illusions of winning awards.

So, keep plugging away on skills, or hit the weight room?

(Boy this forum has been dead for the last few days!)
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really depends on your goals. If you want to compete for the Tower Guardian throne, by all means, get the 3 defense. If you just want to get to Primus and max out -- just start training and get eligible as soon as you can. If you're looking for tourney success, you're probably better off looking at another warrior. The three defense won't matter one way or the other.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get out the Hibachi and burn it crispy is what I would do! Take it with a grain of salt as it has been long since I've run any ADM warriors, more recently some Freshman in tournies. If you may run it in a "bust-out" situation I'd train whatever skills are closest to getting the DEF so you don't waste 2 trains trying to get it ( for example: If SP is 6 hit 7 rather than WL is 15 and going to 17 ) or train stats that will give you DEC and/or ATT along with the DEF skills (examples: 17 or 21+ WT, 17 or 21+ WL all give ATT,DEC, and DEF whereas SP tends to give RIP and DEF; 5, 7, 15, 17 SP for reference). Plus WT and WL give other bonuses as you hit Eligibles and Primus ( faster learning and more endurance; throw in some unknown intangibles likely in the code ).

Your best bet is to look at situations as these logically, IMHO! Is it best to waste 10-15 turns trying to get the last few DEF or would you rather get moving on stats and hope that your guy is a "Fireball Trainer". And also include your goals into the equation. If it's pure progression and you intend on taking it to Primus and running there then burn away. If you plan on parking him just below a line, and you are nearly right at the estimated DI, and intend a "Bust Out", then I'd leave it on skills and just rack up some FE and challenge styles that learn DEF (LU,PL,AB,WS,TP).

PS- If you fight a guy and he learns a skill WITH a rating "Grandmaster" , or higher,in the area one of your warriors is looking for to max a final skill area..... CHALLENGE IT with that warrior!

An example might be: I have a WS and he's got all skill areas maxxed to 20 learns except ATT (this will be warrior A). He fights somebody and gets nothing but my LU (call him Warrior B) fights another LU (warrior C) who happens to get 2 ATT skills along with a rating of Grandmaster ATT. Warrior B just gets owned;this guy is quick and jumps me and Warrior B does his best "Bouncing Ball" imitation but can't dodge them all. Next turn Warrior A is going to challenge Warrior C Exclamation Regardless of the fact that I expect to lose I really need those last 3 ATT skills to get to 120 skills and Warrior C just might teach it to me! Warrior A says "WOW!! This guy made this INCREDIBLE move so next fight so will I!" BAM! I get 1 of those last 3 ATT skills Cool . Guess what I'ma challenge him and let him pound me again and see if I can't just get lucky and learn those last 2 ATT in the 2nd fight!

The End! (This long letter brought to you by ......... Vicodin! Yes it is legitimately prescribed Razz And I took it 35 minutes before I typed this so it's starting to nicely kick in! Laughing )

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a question for those who know:

I've got a TP that I've been nursing along, currently in the ADM bracket. He started as a triple-17, and I've raised those 17s to 20s, waiting to break out. I've also raised some physical stats, but he's no sponge.

Now, this guy started out with an extremely high Initiative for a TP (13 base!) and that's all he has left to learn (except Dec which doesn't matter), about 10 more Init skills to go. Atm, I'm planning to bust him for Tempe next year, even though it's probably a lost cause. Considering that I don't expect to run him in Primus, just hoping for at least an ADM TV, should I continue to max Init before busting him out?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Here's a question for those who know:

I've got a TP that I've been nursing along, currently in the ADM bracket. He started as a triple-17, and I've raised those 17s to 20s, waiting to break out. I've also raised some physical stats, but he's no sponge.

Now, this guy started out with an extremely high Initiative for a TP (13 base!) and that's all he has left to learn (except Dec which doesn't matter), about 10 more Init skills to go. Atm, I'm planning to bust him for Tempe next year, even though it's probably a lost cause. Considering that I don't expect to run him in Primus, just hoping for at least an ADM TV, should I continue to max Init before busting him out?

In the case of this warrior, I would only bother learning some of the remaining Init/Dec IF:

He has less than 180 total skills.
There is no Att/Par available from ST trains.
There is no Def available from SP trains.

When planning ADM training, 6-7 trains is usually relatively easy, 8+ can become a chore, but can be worth it if it gets you to that extra damage rating or you have plenty of time on your hands.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, now that I'm home and can take a better look: That TP is currently at 166 total skills, only 5 more Init skills to learn (and 9 Dec).
I can raise SP from 5 to 7 easily, giving him 4 more while burning a Dec and an Init.
I can probably raise ST to 15 (6th raise and #5 was a pita), putting him at 172 total, with 4 Inits left to learn.
SO I can do all that and max out Init at 32 and still be under the 180 line, assuming he learns no more than 2 Dec.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic